Poll: Do you have faith in Coach Sanchez?

So, we were/are dependent on a guy that no one knew for sure was going to play this year or not?

Thatā€™s my frustration with Sanchez.

And the answer is yes.

I have to say yes, but it is fading some. This team, for the first 34 min last night made me see hope. Good ball movement, decent D. But the last of the game, they mailed it in. I am seriously wondering if they are just out of shape. They werenā€™t getting to the 3pt shopters on D, were sloppy on O, looking like a walmart And1 group.

I like Sanchez. I think the system can work, I just donā€™t know how well he can teach it. None of us do. But he better figure a way to get the kids more inspired towards the end of the game. And I think it boils down to being out of shape

Our offense continues to pain me to watch, so sloppy, no set plays.

But the post-game? Sanchez is Mr mellow yellow and you can see young is imitating his mentor. No frustration they lost, no comments about having to win games like that from either of them. It was like watching a post game show with a coach and player whoā€™ve been labatomized.

clt says they were certainly tired in the eCu game

I thought our offense was much more smooth until the last 5. Its like we reverted back. Maybe I am wrong, I will have to go back and watch. I do wish Sanchez would get a little more intense. Sick of this respect the game glory to opportunuty crap. Buuuuuut as we see from the football team, the opposite doesnā€™t always work either.

It absolutely was betterā€¦ But it still isnā€™t good. Itā€™s a bunch of very very basic moving around. We donā€™t run good set plays. The guys donā€™t seem to know how to consistently feed or get good open looks. When we do get good open looks we miss a bunch of em.

I know itā€™s been brought up before but that sounds exactly like another coach we used to have here that was a decent recruiter but couldnā€™t coach a 10-11 boy YMCA team to victory, if we have a losing record this year itā€™s going to be evident that maybe Sanchez just isnā€™t a head coach?

So like others have said we have stunk for 15 years and for the last 10 or so we have had a coach that never won as a head coach in div 1 basketballā€¦ seems the problem is obviousā€¦ HIRE SOMEONE WHO HAS WON IN DIV 1!

1 Like

I think thatā€™s it Central, we just miss alot of shots. These guys just arenā€™t that good. Seems like every team we play is taller, bulkier, and more physical than we are. We recruit a bunch of Sean Phalers lol. Drives me nuts. And these hype guys that sound like the next Leemire come in here and couldnā€™t get me out on horse if I started at freaking S. Pisses me off

2 Likes

Yes you are

Iā€™ve just gotten to the point I donā€™t care. I donā€™t care if I miss games. I donā€™t care if we lose. He may be an asshole, but Iā€™d push old ladies down the stairs to hire Gregg Marshall.

Iā€™m tired of the appreciate the experience, ā€œthe game doesnā€™t owe you anythingā€ mentality of coaches we hire. The game may not owe you anything but you owe it to the fans that are paying your salary to seem like you give a shit about winning.

2 Likes

Drop the mic.

This is how I feel. Iā€™ve gotten to the point where I just donā€™t give a damn anymore. 15 years of shit basketball. Iā€™m a 20 year season ticket holder and college basketball junkie. I probably watch 12-15 games a week. And I just donā€™t care anymore. Just worn out of our program sucking!

2 Likes

I want to know how Mike ā€œyour personal lord and savior Jesus christā€ Hill feels about this. Many of you look at him as almost a demigod because he is better than Judy. But he made this hire. His employee is the one who is causing so much consternation. So flat after games. His guys looks flat. The whole basketball program - our traditional flagship program - has no energy. What does our Ad think about this?

Still a young team and I know people say that is on the coach and you are correct it is. However, it is on him because he recruited over the guys that were here. In his 1st short recruiting cycle, he landed Bertram who was a 3 * prospect. Bertram never found his way here and left for Binghampton. Threadgill looks to be a better prospect in my opinion. Hopefully he gets it going there. Martin who was not a high recruit played well and was defensively minded, but Brice and CSC are better prospects in my opinion. Robb, also a great defensive player, but not highly rated was pushed into a bench role last season. With Byrd and Threadgill coming in his numbers were going to be reduced more later in the season. Someone questions how many players want to come to Charlotte to play for Sanchez. Well enough to have the highest rated class in the conference the last 2 years.

With Robb and Martin, I think we are 2-0 right now instead of 0-2. Them leaving hurts us early in the season, but with more playing time Bryce and CSC will improve faster. I would like to see more minutes for CSC, but he looked a little lost out there last night. He is a RS freshmen though so keep that in mind.

Supica is a known commodity at this point. I see no year over year development from him. Anzac will keep eating into his minutes as Anzac looks to be a good developing player who disrupts the opponents shot. Supica just doesnā€™t intimidate guys down low and was out muscled by Nsoseme. Garcia looked ok for a FR in his brief showing. He definitely can get some more minutes if it is just to bang on the opposing team a bit.

Hopefully, we can get Byrd and Cannon in the lineup to relieve some minutes from Shepherd and Young. Shepherd was 1-7 inside the 3pt line with 1-5 around the basket last night. He did draw some contact fouls, but as a SR you need to ā€œAnd 1ā€ some of those shots to be the difference maker type of player we need. Shepherd is confusing to watch sometimes. He is a little like the Sophomore versions of Butter Johnson and TWill mixed. Problem is he is a SR and you expect a higher rating from him.

All in all it is game 2 of a season, and I think that the team will be much better come conference play. A Sanchez led team has always improved as the year goes on. Anyone who says that he is not intense has never seen a practice or watched him in a game. He is a great teacher of the game and of the defense. The guys will get it or they wonā€™t play once everyone is off of a pitch count for minutes.

Iā€™m worried we will hold teams to 60ā€¦ And score 56. We have no offensive identity. Defense only gets you so far.

1 Like

From all reports, so would Marshall to win games. :wink:

Yes particularly after the improvement I saw last season I have faith in Sanchez. Not happy with starting 0-2 but still hopeful weā€™ll improve as the season goes on.

Yes. Last year even with the horrible performances on occasion I felt we were ahead of schedule. This year though, so far thatā€™s not what we should see in year 3. So yes but my faith is wavering.

Any changes in answers?