Poll: Green Jacket

So here’s the deal.

For those of you who didn’t know, I wore a green jacket to the Tulsa, Long Island, and La Salle games. This started a few years ago, when I was still a student on my first tour of duty as a student. I hung up the jacket, and brought it back this season once I was positive of my re-admittance into the University.

Well, yesterday I didn’t wear it.

Should I bring it back, or retire it forever?

I’m superstitious but it only pertains to me and my quirks, so it’s your call.

[QUOTE=HP49er;379001]I’m superstitious but it only pertains to me and my quirks, so it’s your call.[/QUOTE]

I’m the same way… which is why I’m torn.

And why I’m putting this in the hands of NNN.

I’m superstitious sometimes but I’ve learned at least this season that this team does not care at all about any of that. I’ve done all kinds of things that in theory should work but clearly they didn’t. So now I’m just going with the flow. Just enjoy/endure the season and make what you can of it.

The other thing is, superstition can get annoying because you can become a slave to it. “We’re doing really well with the jacket on, but I’m uncomfortably hot and if I take it off we might start playing bad.” Plus if we lose and you don’t do your superstitious thing you can end up blaming yourself and feeling bad. That kind of stuff isn’t fun. The players make their own luck. Just help them by being loud and supportive, that’s all you can do. Otherwise have fun. Wear the jacket if you want to.

Seriously, it is just a jacket.

I imagine dressing up for games can be fun, but if it’s not fun, don’t do it.

[QUOTE=Powerbait;379009]Seriously, it is just a jacket.

I imagine dressing up for games can be fun, but if it’s not fun, don’t do it.[/QUOTE]

Seriously… this thread wasn’t exactly intended to be serious. Haven’t seen a poll in a while, so I figured I would start one.

Seriously, it is just a jacket..

I second this.

Seriously... this thread wasn't exactly intended to be serious. Haven't seen a poll in a while, so I figured I would start one.
This is a very serious matter, Lewis. This could decide the fate of the rest of our season. We could make the A10 tourney soley because of that jacket. We could win the A10 tournament if you make the right choice here. The fate of our NCAA Championship hopes could rest in your hands!-- or on your shoulders, Lewis. The choice is yours. I recommend you think long and hard about this. We will all blame you if things don't go better.

So are all the pro-Lutz people voting “no” and all the anti-Lutz voting “yes”

[QUOTE=49or bust;379012]This is a very serious matter, Lewis. This could decide the fate of the rest of our season. We could make the A10 tourney soley because of that jacket. We could win the A10 tournament if you make the right choice here. The fate of our NCAA Championship hopes could rest in your hands!-- or on your shoulders, Lewis. The choice is yours. I recommend you think long and hard about this. We will all blame you if things don’t go better.[/QUOTE]

Way to pile on the pressure.

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;379018]So are all the pro-Lutz people voting “no” and all the anti-Lutz voting “yes”[/QUOTE]

I believe that this issue is far to pressing to be divided among partisan lines…

I wear a green jacket. Jacking my schtick is bad luck for the team, even if the Blues Brothers look is pretty cool. :slight_smile:

Holy crap Bust…

I just noticed… that Bobby is wearing my jacket in your avatar!

That seals it, I cannot let that die!

note: the jacket definitely fits Bobby much better than it does me. It’s like two sizes too small for me lol.

Holy crap Bust...

I just noticed… that Bobby is wearing my jacket in your avatar!

That seals it, I cannot let that die!

note: the jacket definitely fits Bobby much better than it does me. It’s like two sizes too small for me lol.

[QUOTE=49or bust;379061][/QUOTE]

color replacement tool?

Touche.

Definitely thought it was from this game:

You need to clean the spilled beer off the jacket. :shades:

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;379074]You need to clean the spilled beer off the jacket.[/QUOTE]

It could use a trip to the dry cleaner…

It could use a trip to the dry cleaner...
THAT'S IT! Clean it then wear it next game. Just like that one hippitty hop song says, "Gotta dry-clean, that, dirt off ya shoulder."

[QUOTE=49or bust;379077]THAT’S IT! Clean it then wear it next game. Just like that one hippitty hop song says, “Gotta dry-clean, that, dirt off ya shoulder.”[/QUOTE]

…BINGO!

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;379074]You need to clean the spilled beer off the jacket. :shades:[/QUOTE]

NO,NO! It must not be cleaned during the season, or all the luck is gone.