Poll: How psyched up are you for upcoming hoops season?

I am both excited and anxious. I really want Major to get off to a good start here and us to have a positive year but also know with a new coach it make take some time for him to put his system in place and I hope our fans will give him a chance to succeed. I fear if he struggles early on they’ll be several threads calling Bobby’s firing a mistake. I just want Major to be given an opportunity to succeed here. It’s been a rough offseason with some family problems so I am excited about the return of basketball season to occupy my time.

I see us doing better than last year. We lost Harris but that our only big loss. Lutz isn’t going to be there to make questionable subs. I see us with a first round exit in the NCAA, hopefully they can make a deeper run, but who knows

This is honestly the most pessimistic I have ever been before the start of the season. I guess this is because we don’t have that player this year. You guys know what I am talking about. That player we haven’t seen play yet, but that we know is the answer. He’s gonna be a stud. A player such as Shamarr, Carlos Williams, etc. But this year we don’t have that guy and so I know too much about this team to get excited. I don’t think we’re all that good.

And the award for pessimist of the year goes to…

I find it difficult to relate to this post as I would much prefer to have known quantities as opposed to pie-in-the-sky hopes of some 18 year old that nobody has seen play. BTW, nobody has panned out to be “that guy” since Rodney White.

We have everybody back from a team that started out 18-5 last year. We should have a major (no pun intended) upgrade at the PG position and everyone is a year older. I think this is the most talent we’ve had in years. I’m actually excited for a change, although I am cautious not to get too amped up.

I personally think we’re loaded with talent. Let’s see how we use it. Major is preaching D and rebounding- that’s the new guy we should be excited about.

Scollie and hootie, that “whooosh!” sound is 49xthelovin’s sarcasm going right over your heads :- P

I hope you’re right- I thought it was a serious post, my meter may need tweaking…

i’m cautiously optimistic. I think we’ll be fine in the frontcourt but depth issues have me a little concerned about the backcourt.

and hootie. get that sarcasm meter tuned up.

I remember when people were saying Shamarr was going to be 1 and done.

he sort of was.

Which people?

Supposedly Shamarr thought he would be. I don’t think any fans ever thought that. At least no fans who knew a lick about basketball ever thought that.

I’m very excited about the Major era. Don’t know if he will be the next John Wooden or not but we needed new life in our program in a bad way. Now we have it I am prepared to give him time to put his stamp on the program. I don’t see any reason we shouldn’t be a good team. As another post said, we were 18-5 at one point last year, so we are at least talented enough to win.

I’m just glad to see anything Niner related. With it being football season and all, I’m looking forward to something Niner related. I know we have soccer but really bball and football are the big time sports.

Anyway, new year, new coach and and the belief we will be better than any of the college bball mags say. Go Niners!

I’m feeling somewhere between having a pick jabbed in my ear and winning the lottery.

this.

Majerus, Greenberg, Pitino, Huggins, Calipari. Nice list. I’ll take it.

Hope (and expecting him to) he does well.

Scratch Greenberg, insert Dumphy. :blank:

Very very psyched. I can not wait.

If I were a brand new coach, I would want to come in with zero talent and have time to build up. If you ask me, the pressure is on Major day one. This roster is loaded with talent and upperclassmen, and we SHOULD WIN plenty of games this year. I can’t ever remember a front line = Braz and Spears. Its not like he was handed the keys to a Yugo. That said, I bought my tix and am cautiously optimistic.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/10/15/1765147/49ers-first-practice.html

[quote=“anipalcraig, post:37, topic:24043”]Scratch Greenberg, insert Dumphy. :blank:

Very very psyched. I can not wait.[/quote]

This…Greenberg???.. :stuck_out_tongue: …Bobby OWNED his a$$.