Poll: How psyched up are you for upcoming hoops season?

Ridiculous. Itā€™s all about winning ASAP. This is as good of a situation as a coach is likely to findā€¦

Ridiculous. Itā€™s all about winning ASAP. This is as good of a situation as a coach is likely to findā€¦[/quote]

All depends - talent there means the expectation is to win right away. No talent means the coach gets a few years of development.

Does anyone know if the 2 games on MASN will be shown on Time Warner Cable? In past years I saw all the MASN games on Direct TV. I just switched from Direct TV to Time Warner Cable and was suprised to see than MASN is not part of the Time Warner Cable Line Up. The new schedule shows the Nov. 18 game against George Mason and the Jan. 2 game against Georgia Tech as being shown on MASN. Does that mean that they cannot be seen on Time Warner? Does anyone know?

That is correct. Unless you have satellite, the TV home of the Atlantic Ten is unavailable in Charlotte.

Dude, sounds like youā€™re saying itā€™s a good idea to take a knife to a gun fight. Talent is always better than no talent, everytime.

Dude, sounds like youā€™re saying itā€™s a good idea to take a knife to a gun fight. Talent is always better than no talent, everytime.[/quote]

I bring a knife and a gun to a gun fight, gonna run out of bullets eventually.

The key to a team like this has and always will be the kind of mixture you have between moving the ball between your guards and big men. UNCC has had a tradition of bringing in decent shooters and handlers, but the paint area has been suspect. Not since 6ā€™ 11" Jermain Parker back in the early 90ā€™s (Iā€™m an old head) has there been such an inside presence. It took him a few years to find his bearings, but when he did, nothing came in the paint without being tested (check the record books for block shots), and the guards could actually rely on him to not try and shoot a ā€œ3ā€ (you know what Iā€™m talkinā€™ about), but instead, make a power move and know how to kick it out for the open jumper. Thatā€™s how you play basketball ladies and gents, teamwork.

i think we know what is coming im just waiting for the first to correct hun for calling us uncc. ill do it. we are charlotte. other than that good post.

That is correct. Unless you have satellite, the TV home of the Atlantic Ten is unavailable in Charlotte.[/quote]

This is why we have bars.

Totally fucking pumped.

This goes for me too.

NLP and C49er did it rightā€¦ They moved away for a few years while we sucked, and now are back in NC now that we have a (potentially)very good team. Iā€™ve barely missed a game for the past 7 or 8 seasons, and now will be moving away when, on paper, we have the most talented team since 2004. Ugh.

Iā€™ll come back for as many games as I can tho. Pork Chop and anipal, any time you want to carpool back to Charlotte for a game, let me know and Iā€™m down.

Sweet. Thanks man. Will do.

Didnā€™t I say I was an old head? All I know is UNCC; just using ā€œCharlotteā€ makes my eyebrows twitch (like when youā€™re caught looking at that beauty across the room with your mouth open). No matter what you call us though, I remember being on campus and going to the shopping mall across the street to the sports store and they didnā€™t even have OUR stuff in the dang store. This school has to earn the respect of the city and the folks that attend the games. If this season, and the few that follow, turn out to be the same up and down roller coaster of the past, our name wonā€™t really matter much then.

iā€™m psyched up every year. but this year seems to hold more promise than the last 2 or 3 seasons. bobby left us with a good pool of talent. and coach major seems like the kind of coach that can take that talent and run with it.

No worries. Saying ā€œCharlotteā€ often results in erections ā€¦ so itā€™s not only you.

;D

Saw a billboard on North Tryon headed toward UCity right before Sugarcreek. Had Major and Green on it. The season is getting close!

http://www.bloggingthebracket.com/2010/10/21/1762220/preseason-ncaa-bid-outlook-the-other-25-conferences

CBS Sportsline has us as a Bubble team.

Bubble: Dayton, St. Louis, Charlotte, Rhode Island

Charlotte has a new coach, Alan Major, but most of the talent that couldnā€™t get over the hump for Bobby Lutz last season.

ESPN is blocked if youā€™re not a damn insider. Like Iā€™m paying to look at crap on the internet when everyone else is free. Screw you, ESPN!

Thatā€™s exactly how I see us, especially after todayā€™s practice. We do need Voncina to be cleared. Heā€™ll be a big, solid alternative at either G spot (especially PG - heā€™s huge compared to Deuce) which will make a big difference for Derrio and Deuce.