Poll - will Charlotte make the CFP or MBB NCAAT first?

Which post season event will Charlotte make first.

• CFP
  • NCAA Tourney

0 voters

It should be easier to make NCAA but with system set up just seems harder to hold onto the talent that gets ya there in basketball.

It is exponentially easier to make the NCAA Tourney than the CFPā€¦unless you have Ron ā€œCanā€™t Keep My Players & Canā€™t Coachā€ Sanchez as your coach. Thatā€¦plus the fact that Mike Hill will never fire Ron is why I chose the CFP.

While Iā€™m not a fan of Ron the system in basketball makes it very difficult for schools at our level to build a winner. In a sport where a single player can carry you there and that player is a free agent every year makes it very difficult.

You just have to win the conference tourney. Anyone who voted CFP REALLLLLLLLLLLY has no faith in Ron or Hill.

1 Like

I have no faith in ron but i have a lot of faith in biff

In football we are competing for 1 spot essentially right? The highest-ranked Group of Five conference champion. A top 10 football team probably isnā€™t realistic.

In basketball, thereā€™s like 25+ at large bids and conference tourney winner chance.

Been looking over the yearly NCAAT trends for the AAC and the conference has been a two bid league the past four seasons. Of course, that had a lot to do with soon-to-be former member Houston.

But, if we win the conference it is almost guaranteed to be the highest ranked G5. While the odds arenā€™t high for that, what are the odds of winning our conference in basketball? As sad as it is to say, I trust Biff to win more than Sanchez. And thatā€™s because Iā€™ve seen what Sanchez can do

1 Like

Not to mention, itā€™s hard to look at our recruiting in basketball and argue we are getting better. I just donā€™t think we get back to the NCAAs with this staff. Iā€™d be happy to be proven wrong though

You all think weā€™ll be in CFP in next 5 years? Weā€™ll have a new basketball coach after next year that should provide some hope.

Good thing about hoops is that Memphis is an outlier as concerns recruiting. Pretty level for everyone else.

I donā€™t trust any bball coach to win the AAC until I see it. Biff, in my opinion, will be an absolute flop or will take the conference by storm. Again, Iā€™m voting against bball, not for football.

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t classify as itā€™s almost guaranteed. With the exception of Tulane the teams leaving all had higher power rankings than the teams coming in excluding UTSA. As a football conference the AAC could be jumped by the Sun Belt who finished right behind the AAC last year.

1 Like

Womenā€™s tennis.

Making the NCAA basketball tournament isnā€™t a monumentally difficult task. 68 teams do it every season.

But it is a monumental task for us.

2 Likes

Basically a 2.94% chance of making the NCAAT from the AAC based on the past four years of the league receiving two bids per event.

Yeah this shouldnā€™t even be close. Shows how little faith the fan base has in Ron. Making NCAAT is several, several times easier than CFP.

1 Like

Thatā€™s my thoughts, making the CFP is a much bigger deal and should be a much more difficult task. That the poll is so close shows what the fan base thinks our future prospects are under Sanchez.