Possible Lutz replacements...

[QUOTE=49erMatt;374125]Absolutly spot on. There is a common theme here that if you have less than a 1,000 post then it’s impossible for you to have a clue about anything.[/QUOTE]

It’s definitely not the number that counts. It’s the location of the thread.:shades:

Yeah, when we brought Lutz in from Pfeiffer...I'd say that is about equivalent to bringing a high school coach from Oak Hill. Who was Lutz before he came to Charlotte?

He was a D1 assistant coach for a while. A bit of a difference than coaching a glorified HS All-Star team.

[QUOTE=JLaw25;374127]Yeah, when we brought Lutz in from Pfeiffer…I’d say that is about equivalent to bringing a high school coach from Oak Hill. Who was Lutz before he came to Charlotte?[/QUOTE]

He was a Niner. And, have you forgot his days with the Tigers?

[QUOTE=JLaw25;374127]Yeah, when we brought Lutz in from Pfeiffer…I’d say that is about equivalent to bringing a high school coach from Oak Hill. Who was Lutz before he came to Charlotte?[/QUOTE]

He was an assistant here before he became HC. Totally different levels of coaching. For example, look at all the college football coaches that tanked at the NFL. I’m not looking for Lutz to be fired, am I happy with where we are, no. It’s retarded to bring someone in to coach that has no collegiate experience.

So now we’re going to question the decisions of Jeff Mullins, who hired Bobby?

I’d say Bobby’s record at Pfeiffer was darn impressive, no matter which side of the fence you are on. A winning program is a winning program, regardless of the level.

[QUOTE]1986-87 - 7-19
1987-88 - 7-17
1988-89 - 13-13, 4th in NAIA District
1989-90 - 22-11, NAIA Elite Eight
1990-91 - 29-4, NAIA Final Four
1991-92 - 30-5, NAIA Final Four
1992-93 - 23-6, NAIA Tournament
1993-94 - 24-6, NAIA Sweet 16
1994-95 - 25-8, NAIA Finalist
Total - 9 years, 180-76, .703[/QUOTE]

He was an assistant here before he became HC. Totally different levels of coaching. For example, look at all the college football coaches that tanked at the NFL. I'm not looking for Lutz to be fired, am I happy with where we are, no. It's retarded to bring someone in to coach that has no collegiate experience.

I’m not saying we should bring in the Oak Hill coach…or any high school coach for that matter. I was just making the point that we may need to take a chance on someone else in order to replace Lutz.

Just seems like we are going backward instead of forward.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Silver](post fail)[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[QUOTE=HP49er;374136][B]So now we’re going to question the decisions of Jeff Mullins, who hired Bobby?[/B]

I’d say Bobby’s record at Pfeiffer was darn impressive, no matter which side of the fence you are on. A winning program is a winning program, regardless of the level.[/QUOTE]

was trying to keep with the star wars theme, thx gill

And have you heard of any high school coach taking over a Division I program?
Bob Wade was a high school coach when he took over for Lefty Driesell at Maryland in the 80s. Maryland's program then went straight down the toilet.

If I remember correctly, Wade was “appointed” the coaching position by the school’s chancellor, who was a close friend of Wade, and the entire ordeal was very “political”.

[QUOTE=Powerbait;374061]I would rather see Bobby bring in assistants who can get the job done. If we can’t make a change at the top, we need to make a change somewhere.[/QUOTE]

Not going to happen. I have been saying that for years but Bobby’s not going to get rid of one of his assistants. Bobby’s loyal to his guys and will blame it, much like many on here have, on the loss of Gerrity and Dewhurst. His job is safe, hope for better next season. No chance he gets fired for the next at least 3 years. Hopefully we manage to get back in the NCAA tournament during that time.

Who’s cutting the check to buyout Lutz and hire a new coach?

/just wondering

Who's cutting the check to buyout Lutz and hire a new coach?

/just wondering

you’re right…let’s just keep paying the same amount of money only over the next three painful years for doing a crappy job.

you're right...[B]let's[/B] just keep paying the same amount of money only over the next three painful years for doing a crappy job.

So how much are you donating? Either cut the check or STFU.

So how much are you donating? Either cut the check or STFU.

If getting a good coach is determined by how much you donate then If I were you I would definitely demand a refund because you are getting ripped off. I will throw in an extra $10 if we can get the next coach to teach some fundamentals.

Why??..Because you don't agree with him. 7 games into this season we were already looking ahead to 2009...how depressing is that? Every year its something else.And now,with a couple of injuries we're just going to hear all year about how shorthanded we were.For the most part of the 21st century we have been a mediocre team with very mediocre coaching...Maybe instead of insulting people who don't agree with our "intelligent" point-of-view,we should be happy that new posters are appearing.Especially since we appear to be dangerously close to reaching the "apathy" stage.
Absolutly spot on. There is a common theme here that if you have less than a 1,000 post then it's impossible for you to have a clue about anything.

I don’t give a damn how many posts you’ve got… (notice my number)

But when the only thing you post about is how horrible Lutz and and how awful of a job he is doing, it starts getting a little old…

I get just as frustrated with Lutz’s decision as everyone else does but I don’t post everyday about what a moron I think he is.

I get just as frustrated with Lutz's decision as everyone else does but I don't post [B]everyday[/B] about what a moron I think he is.
[IMG]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/39/75123319_723fcfbbff.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=ShaGGy;374187]I don’t give a damn how many posts you’ve got… (notice my number)

But when the only thing you post about is how horrible Lutz and and how awful of a job he is doing, it starts getting a little old…

I get just as frustrated with Lutz’s decision as everyone else does but I don’t post everyday about what a moron I think he is.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ozmosis49er;374189][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;374151]Bob Wade was a high school coach when he took over for Lefty Driesell at Maryland in the 80s.[/QUOTE]
The other one I can think of is Bob McKillop, who was coaching high school at Long Island Lutheran (where he won 5 NY State championships) prior to being hired by Davidson. FWIW, he was an assistant at DC for one season prior to returning to New York to coach L.I.L.H.S.