Post Game, Charlotte vs. Tweetsie

Love these freshmen guards. Three more years of these studs!

Woods was 3/3 from 3pt line, is now 19/30 (63%) for the year. That has to be top or close to top in ncaa with at least 30 attempts. Unreal.

Hydra played extremely well in the first half, wish he got some run in the 2nd. Kudos to him, you can tell he’s really worked on his game.

Dorn and Woods both averaging dbl figures over the last 4 games.

While Henry didn’t shoot well, he finished with 9pts, 7asts, 6stls and 5 rebs.

Clayton played how he needs to in the 2nd half, he has to score based on getting position and rebounds. He’s not a guy that can make a post move and score off of it. Plays at a high level when he plays his role.

I really like what Twill brings on the defensive end, but he needs to reign it in with the jumpers. Stick to driving and dishing it off if nothings there.

Another slow start. Another much better 2nd.

clt hope the Apple state fans have a safe flight back to Boone international.

Tough to watch at times, but a W is always a W. As much as we know Major is not the greatest game coach, his recruiting seems to be spot on. If you really think about it, we don’t have a “WTF” loss just yet. Yes, GW is in question, but still not a bad team. In regards to the other L’s, the teams have only lost 1 a piece and it’s mid-late December. Not being an apologist, but our resume isn’t as tattered as it seems. Let’s keep it rolling Niners!! FORTY!!!

App is much improved. They made a good hire.

[quote=“mattltfd, post:6, topic:29262”]Tough to watch at times, but a W is always a W. As much as we know Major is not the greatest game coach, his recruiting seems to be spot on. If you really think about it, we don’t have a “WTF” loss just yet. Yes, GW is in question, but still not a bad team. In regards to the other L’s, the teams have only lost 1 a piece and it’s mid-late December. Not being an apologist, but our resume isn’t as tattered as it seems. Let’s keep it rolling Niners!! FORTY!!![/quote]GWU isn’t a questionable loss, they were favored by 9 or 10. Could we have played better, absolutely.

Struggled to beat a shitty team once again. Saturday will be brutal unless we can play our best basketball.

Major back to .500!!!

It will be interesting to see how long Fox will be in Boone.

Another game with still the same questions-why do we start slow, why do we not run an offense, why can we not hit a free throw, etc. I am like the other post and am glad Major can recruit since his coaching is on the low-end.

If we could get another two guys for next year to go with the one we have, we could have the best overall talent in many years.

Agreed. Point being, we haven’t had our “Monmouth” loss yet (which I actually attended first hand). This season is far from a bust, so let’s give not only Major, but the team a chance. Go Niners, period.

Isn’t GW the preseason pick out of the A10? I was frustrated by how we played, but they’re not awful.

We struggled early. Made adjustments and dominated the 2nd half the way we should have. Nice adjustments made during the break.

Astonished at the FTA disparity. Normally it’s either a reflection of how a team plays or the talent gap. Neither were applicable tonight.

[quote=“NLP49, post:15, topic:29262”]Astonished at the FTA disparity. Normally it’s either a reflection of how a team plays or the talent gap. Neither were applicable tonight.[/quote] Not a perfectly ref’d game. All I’m saying about that.

[quote=“SteauA, post:9, topic:29262”]Struggled to beat a shitty team once again. Saturday will be brutal unless we can play our best basketball.

Major back to .500!!![/quote]

I thought that you didn’t care anymore?

[quote=“itsbraille49, post:17, topic:29262”][quote=“SteauA, post:9, topic:29262”]Struggled to beat a shitty team once again. Saturday will be brutal unless we can play our best basketball.

Major back to .500!!![/quote]

I thought that you didn’t care anymore?[/quote]he’s the new metro

[quote=“moss2k, post:3, topic:29262”]Hydra played extremely well in the first half, wish he got some run in the 2nd. Kudos to him, you can tell he’s really worked on his game.

Dorn and Woods both averaging dbl figures over the last 4 games.

While Henry didn’t shoot well, he finished with 9pts, 7asts, 6stls and 5 rebs.

Clayton played how he needs to in the 2nd half, he has to score based on getting position and rebounds. He’s not a guy that can make a post move and score off of it. Plays at a high level when he plays his role.

I really like what Twill brings on the defensive end, but he needs to reign it in with the jumpers. Stick to driving and dishing it off if nothings there.[/quote]

Why the hell can’t Hydra get some time in the second half??? Just don’t get it. They want him to grow or what? Same thing vs CoC. Play good in first half no time second half.

I think Twills D is worth it. He’s a formidable physical presence and with our lack of bigs pretty damn glad we have him.

Love the freshmen and BO. Not much to say that hasn’t been said before.

But about Fox being good. Why didn’t they foul at the end. Seemed like they just gave up.

I would consider Davidson a “WTF” loss. Not a Monmouth or Boston University loss, but we still should have won that game. It was a lack of preparation and lack of intensity.

Still, a Win is a Win and I’ll take them. We’ve GOT to start hitting free throws.