Post Game - SIU

Big Phil hasnā€™t gotten much PT lately (7 minutes vs. Davidson, 5 minutes vs S. Illinois)ā€¦ any idea why?

Cuz he is not very good?

[QUOTE=dk49er;275123]Big Phil hasnā€™t gotten much PT lately (7 minutes vs. Davidson, 5 minutes vs S. Illinois)ā€¦ any idea why?

Cuz he is not very good?[/QUOTE]

Slow learning curve. In the Davidson game,Bobby said he was just slow getting back,the game was moving too fast for him.I was impressed with Gabyā€™s play last night,nothing spectacular but played within himself.I think Lutz sees Gaby developing faster than Phil at this stage and thus heā€™s getting more minutes.Phil just seems lost out there sometimes,I think in time heā€™ll be fineā€¦Noone mentioned this,and I was shocked when I got home and saw the boxscore but,didnā€™t it seem like S.Ill. totally outrebounded us? We definitely need to work on boxing outā€¦and also when Lee is taking a 3,noone seems to go to the hoop for a potential rebound.This team is fun to watch thoughā€¦great intensity!

Maybe heā€™s been hanging with Dewayne Jarrett?

tk isn't from SIU. He lives in Charlotte and went to URI, I believe.
Yep, thats my background. URI with a nice win at the Carrier Dome. Falker got eaten up down low. What a job by the 49er D! Pretty impressive..I watched the whole thing from 217!

The frat guys chanting ā€œWe Want Phalerā€ were idiots. Half the student section kept waiving their arms to signal no.

The frat guys chanting "We Want Phaler" were idiots. Half the student section kept waiving their arms to signal no.

There always has to be douche bags.

Iā€™m sober now so Iā€™d like to say that Iā€™m happy and pissed.

Happy b/c we beat SIUā€¦

Pissed b/c I couldnā€™t attend the beating of SIU.:49ers:

[QUOTE=dk49er;275123]Big Phil hasnā€™t gotten much PT lately (7 minutes vs. Davidson, 5 minutes vs S. Illinois)ā€¦ any idea why?

Cuz he is not very good?[/QUOTE]

Phil is very good. Heā€™s not NBA material, sure, but who knows what he will be. He is going to be really good in a couple of years.

ā€œMissouri Valley Conference pre-season player-of-the-year Randal Falker. For the first time since his freshman year, Falker was held scorelessā€

Falker got owned.

Wish Dew would have jam that one in there. Did anyone notice how long he was in the airā€¦ That boy got some jumping ability.

Yeah, that was so close to being the highlight of the night.

He is definitely still my favorite player and he is going to become something special. My favorite part of having him in the game is that we seem to attack rebounds and loose balls much more ferociously. How about Dijuan and Charles diving for that loose ball out of bounds. I wish we could get some of that fire into Leemire. This is the second game where he has just let a ball roll out of bounds right next to him.

Yeah, that was so close to being the highlight of the night.

He is definitely still my favorite player and he is going to become something special. My favorite part of having him in the game is that we seem to attack rebounds and loose balls much more ferociously. How about Dijuan and Charles diving for that loose ball out of bounds. I wish we could get some of that fire into Leemire. This is the second game where he has just let a ball roll out of bounds right next to him.

Wasnā€™t it Leemire diving on the floor to get a FT rebound either this game or at the Davidson game?

Maybe, and he rebounds well too. But he also lets the ball go out of bounds, it happened in the Davidson game when he was the one controlling the ball, lost control and just let it roll out of bounds.

Lee is playing great, but that just seems like a holdover from problems weā€™ve had in the past. If youā€™re going to turn the ball over, at least do everything you can to stop it from happening.

Leemire was specifically told not to dive for the ball.

So great to have made it up for the game, one of the best teams I can remember, the chemistry is really showing!

By the way, did anyone notice how hard The Goonj runs the court? Heā€™s not the fastest guy on the team by any means, but heā€™s usually the first up and down the court. There was even one series where he missed a layup, but beat everyone back down court to play defense. I know heā€™s got a long way to go, but that kind of effort is what has me loving this team so much. Can you imagine Sleeves or Booker doing that after a miss?

[QUOTE=RWORKMAN09;275094]Nobody else has mentioned it yet, but Ian played a good game tonight. He had a couple steals, shot well from 3, and even made a 2 point shot. Heā€™s moving with the ball a good bit more this year and is playing much better than last season. He doesnā€™t get much love but heā€™s shooting 41.5% on the season. Nothing record breaking, but solid play in my opinion. Only Coley has a better FG % (except Gaby, but he only has 5 shots on the season, so Iā€™m not counting him).[/QUOTE]

That is good because I have been a little worried about the 2 spot going in to next year. In a perfect world I wouldnā€™t mind Lutz talking a little sense into Curry and wooing him into a Niners uniform.

[QUOTE=Powerbait;275160]Maybe, and he rebounds well too. But he also lets the ball go out of bounds, it happened in the Davidson game when he was the one controlling the ball, lost control and just let it roll out of bounds.

Lee is playing great, but that just seems like a holdover from problems weā€™ve had in the past. If youā€™re going to turn the ball over, at least do everything you can to stop it from happening.[/QUOTE]

Lee had lines of 34 and 8 rbs, 24 and 8 rbs and heā€™s a 5ā€™11" SG. Thereā€™s no problem with Leemire.