Pre-Game Events

Where do fans gather before home games? I am new to the area, but a huge college hoops fan. I would like to meet some folks who share the same passion as me…

I think Picasso’s is a good place but there is also tailgating if you enjoy that.

http://www.ninernation.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18281

I am going to be at picassos, who else will be there?

I’ve never been to Pic’s. I think I might have to visit for the first time. However, as a student, I’ll also have to be in line around 4, so it’ll be early.

Yeah. 4:30 is lineup time, so I doubt I’ll go anywere by my Kitchen for beer.

I am going to be at picassos, who else will be there?
I would love to have a cold one before the SIU game! Is Picasso's close to campus?? I live near Matthews..
I would love to have a cold one before the SIU game! Is Picasso's close to campus?? I live near Matthews..

Off Harris Blvd between highway 29 and 49 - right across from Carolinas Medical

so yeah - right off campus

Off Harris Blvd between highway 29 and 49 - right across from Carolinas Medical

so yeah - right off campus

I am really liking this! I used to go to most URI home games and there wasnt this much involvement. It sounds like it is an awesome time… I am really looking forward to going to Halton for all home games! Its even better if I can meet some folks that really are into hoops…

Awesome to see some active community fans. You’re the man, tk!

Come on out to Picasso’s before the game, usually a good crowd there. We’re planning on being there around 4 for a few cold ones!

You guys remember to come after the game too!!

I respect the hell out of you guys that get there at 4:30. There is no way I could justify sitting by a door for 2.5 hours to watch a 2 hour game.

I've never been to Pic's. I think I might have to visit for the first time. However, as a student, I'll also have to be in line around 4, so it'll be early.
Why do students have to be in line so early? How does it work for the average-joe hoops fan? My first game at Halton is tomorrow night...

[QUOTE=tk4243;274831]Why do students have to be in line so early? How does it work for the average-joe hoops fan? My first game at Halton is tomorrow night…[/QUOTE]

students get in line so early because all the student seats are general admission. The sooner you get there, the better your seat is. I refuse to sit around for over an hour before game time, so I always get stuck in the upper level. I liked it a lot better when it was based on loyalty points because I had a guaranteed spot. If you have an assigned seat number on your ticket then this doesn’t affect you at all. If you have a general admission ticket it does, but you’ll be going in a different entrance and will probably beat most students inside if you get there 30-45 minutes before game time.

students get in line so early because all the student seats are general admission. The sooner you get there, the better your seat is. I refuse to sit around for over an hour before game time, so I always get stuck in the upper level. I liked it a lot better when it was based on loyalty points because I had a guaranteed spot. If you have an assigned seat number on your ticket then this doesn't affect you at all. If you have a general admission ticket it does, but you'll be going in a different entrance and will probably beat most students inside if you get there 30-45 minutes before game time.
Man, they gotta revamp that system! Back in my day (diff. school), students just walked in with the other fans. The issue with that was fans wouldnt come, so tickets were being wasted.

It was first come first serve (with assigned seats) prior to the 05-06 season. In 05-06 they changed to an online ticketing system which was based on loyalty points. The more points you had, the better your assigned seat. You were allowed one guest ticket adjacent to yours so that you could sit with a friend. The only problem with this system was that most people go with more than one other person so it was nearly impossible to get 3 or 4 seats together. I wish they’d just go back to first come first serve at the ticket office. Students lining up early in the morning would likely spark interest in my opinion. If students see a line of 3-400 people waiting on tickets they might become interested as well.

It was first come first serve (with assigned seats) prior to the 05-06 season. In 05-06 they changed to an online ticketing system which was based on loyalty points. The more points you had, the better your assigned seat. You were allowed one guest ticket adjacent to yours so that you could sit with a friend. The only problem with this system was that most people go with more than one other person so it was nearly impossible to get 3 or 4 seats together. I wish they'd just go back to first come first serve at the ticket office. Students lining up early in the morning would likely spark interest in my opinion. If students see a line of 3-400 people waiting on tickets they might become interested as well.
I 2nd the 'first come, first serve' notion. As long as people filling the seats, it doesnt matter what system is in place! I am exicted about going to the game tomorrow night....

I think people were complaining about having to camp for every game.

tk, you have to go to Picassos after games defiinitely. Great atmosphere!!

Don’t forget Ham’s restaurant & bar. You get free homemade potato chips with ticket to Pride Rewards card. They also are home to Bobby Lutz Live and are big supporters. It’s off of Hwy 29 just before you get to the Harris intersection if coming from downtown.

Picassos is still #1, though. Don Bragoon and the gang are longtime supporters.