Presbyterian post game

I remember going to Chancelor Woodward home at South Park and for being the first team to make the NCAA tournament and he was the most gracious person at UNCC. He got it. My how far we have sank.

Was Judy there too, or did she invite the team to her house as well? We all know how much she loves the baseball team.

Saw the team poster. Only had the coach’s son. Oh good Lord, that had to go over well with the rest of the team.

[quote=“ImfromClayton, post:13, topic:31197”]49r9r, that’s what Phil is doing. Idk about Judy. I emailed him yesterday, and he made it clear he couldn’t care less about athletic donations.

I think we are missing the point. Our past three coaches have been pretty much the three molds of where you expect a coach to come from.

A: Alum, fireball, adored by other alums, good recruiter, worked his butt off in this region to get here.

B: Assistant at high major successful program, experience in A10, Great recruiter

C: Celeb, Former superstar, knows shooting, and offensive coaching inside and out. NBA assistant, great marketer

None of them have been successful. They all share something in common. I’m beginning to wonder if Brad Stevens could win here. We have serious issues at the macro level. It’s time to stop complaining about our coaches. Our product on the field/court sucks in every sport. There’s a common thread. We flat out don’t know if our coaches are good enough, because they are being handed an impossible task. Aiming vitriol at Mark Price is not going to do good things for our program.[/quote] Lutz wasn’t successful?

[quote=“919R, post:24, topic:31197”][quote=“ImfromClayton, post:13, topic:31197”]49r9r, that’s what Phil is doing. Idk about Judy. I emailed him yesterday, and he made it clear he couldn’t care less about athletic donations.

I think we are missing the point. Our past three coaches have been pretty much the three molds of where you expect a coach to come from.

A: Alum, fireball, adored by other alums, good recruiter, worked his butt off in this region to get here.

B: Assistant at high major successful program, experience in A10, Great recruiter

C: Celeb, Former superstar, knows shooting, and offensive coaching inside and out. NBA assistant, great marketer

None of them have been successful. They all share something in common. I’m beginning to wonder if Brad Stevens could win here. We have serious issues at the macro level. It’s time to stop complaining about our coaches. Our product on the field/court sucks in every sport. There’s a common thread. We flat out don’t know if our coaches are good enough, because they are being handed an impossible task. Aiming vitriol at Mark Price is not going to do good things for our program.[/quote] Lutz wasn’t successful?[/quote]
9200 seats. 0 empty

^ playing #3 team in country on espn at home had nothing to do with attendance I’m sure. I didn’t read the earlier post leading up to this but if Lutz could have a sell out against Presbyterian, now that would be something.

if people think Lutz was unsuccessful…I’m speechless

he was fired for slipping to 90th in RPI and 6500 average crowd at home.

He was very successful pre A10. He had 2 NIT appearances (First round losses) in 5 years while in the A10. That isn’t good enough, especially with how successful he was the prior 7-8 years. It’s hard to say he wasn’t successful in his tenure, but going 83-75 in A10 will leave a sour taste in your mouth.

Bobby was a good coach in the begining, but started mailing in over the last couple of years.

We’ve only exceeded 19 wins once since the season Lutz was fired. If he would have been allowed to return the following season we would have likely made the NIT or NCAA tournament. Second worst decision ever made in Niner history second only to not starting football in the late 90’s.

Bobby was a good coach in the begining, but started mailing in over the last couple of years.[/quote]
You would too. Direct correlation to Phil Dubois, the walking athletics destroyer tenure. Nobody athletically likes him. Nobody.

clt thinks lutz should still have a role here.

Bobby was a good coach in the begining, but started mailing in over the last couple of years.[/quote]
You would too. Direct correlation to Phil Dubois, the walking athletics destroyer tenure. Nobody athletically likes him. Nobody.[/quote]
This got me curious. We can see the evidence here at Charlotte, but what about Wyoming.

Record of recent for football prior to Dubois
74-45
Record of football coaches hired by Dubois
57-83

basketball info on wyoming is tough to find, need pip to probably help there.

I would have loved to have that 53% winning percentage in the multi-bid A10 after he was gone. Bobby’s fall started shortly after CHP arrived.

LOL. Ya’ll are catching on to the fact that Phil is a big problem for athletics. SOB probably has an unconscious wish for athletics to fail. As someone noted, he was likely the last guy picked in physical education classes, so if he can’t succeed, his bias is to make sure others fail. Just my own off the wall opinion.

You would too. Direct correlation to Phil Dubois, the walking athletics destroyer tenure. Nobody athletically likes him. Nobody.[/quote]
This got me curious. We can see the evidence here at Charlotte, but what about Wyoming.

Record of recent for football prior to Dubois
74-45
Record of football coaches hired by Dubois
57-83

basketball info on wyoming is tough to find, need pip to probably help there.[/quote]

Wyoming basketball has been around since 1904. DuBois was there from 1997 - 2005. Here’s a look at the basketball program.

1904 - 1996: 1,154-854 (57.5%)
1997 - 2005: 157-107 (59.5%)
2006 - Present: 204 - 185 (52.4%)

Not to take the air out of anyones balloon,but…High Point beat Methodist yesterday…99-63.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we lose this one…especially with Hudson Price getting 25+ minutes.

[quote=“lucky57, post:37, topic:31197”]Not to take the air out of anyones balloon,but…High Point beat Methodist yesterday…99-63.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we lose this one…especially with Hudson Price getting 25+ minutes.[/quote]

Hudson Price is not the problem on this team and the stats prove that out. He is on the floor over others because frankly he plays better defense that others, doesn’t turn the ball over at a high rate, doesn’t take bad shots, and frankly probably plays as hard as anybody when he is on the floor.

Here is the link to the teams stats:

Not to mention the fact that he came here from TCU as a walkon. If I had another son, no way in hell I’d bring him here. Pay his way and be ridiculed by an idiotic fanbase. Hudson has earned his minutes and most reasonable fans would be thankful for his situation.

Hudson was a 3 star out of high school and not a walk-on at TCU. I actually think he is playing much better than most of the other guys especially on defense. AA gets beats on the wing every trip down the court, Davis and White are awful on defense as well. When I played in high school our coach would pull us for getting beat that bad so often. Hudson also is one of our better rebounders. I am not sure what you expect from him, but do not expect him to be an all conference player or the worse on the team.