Program's future

It was only one game but you can see the tremendous potential of this team. I want to see Coach Lutz get the chance to develop this team and add some more key pieces. If the boosters, fans, alumni, students want Bobby to be the coach, Chancellor Dubois and Judy Rose need to hear it.

Chancellor Phil Dubois - pdubois@uncc.edu
Athletic Driector Judy Rose - jwrose@uncc.edu

This team was too disorganized and played way too sloppy. The first half was lutzball on display.

We had a letdown in the second half. One that would have cost us the game against a better team.

Do I think this team has potential? Oh yeah. They were fun to watch in the second half.

Do I think that performance was even close to being enough to make me think I want Lutz back? No way.

Not ready to go this far…yet.

MAYBE sometime in December I will feel compelled to write them, but I need to see more.

If and/or when I write, it will be going directly to the Chancellor because I think he holds the keys to Lutz’ future.

I’ll pass on emailing anyone.

I enjoyed last night. For once in a long time, we didn’t get punked at home and we showed some heart, and hell, even some talent.

But, the fact is that 3-4 years ago, we would have hit the roof if we didn’t beat a team like High Point by at least 15-20 points. I hope our expectations arent so low that beating a decent Big South team at home will save our coach’s job.

I say good job to Lutz last night. But, lets keep improving…I haven’t forgot the abominable season called last year just yet.

wow lefty I thought you’d at least let 24 hours pass.

We beat a big south team by 6, that was minus 1 starter, minus a guy who gets significant minutes, and minus their starting big man for a majority of the game. Settle down.

We still didn’t get the ball inside, Phil Jones dunks it first play, and we don’t see anything like that the rest of the game. Too much standing around on offense, multiple times I heard fans yell “MOVE!”. Too many forced shots. Still no discipline, when Ian gets a fould for blatantly pushing the defender off of him, he should have been pulled. Stuck with the zone until it almost completely buried us.

Future, yes for the next 3 years we have Dijuan, Ian Anderson, Wilderness, Dewhurst and Jones, thats 5 guys who got significant minutes last night. Still its one game, and a 61-55 win at home over a big south team won’t get me to write an email.

[QUOTE=ninerID;267573]wow lefty I thought you’d at least let 24 hours pass.

[B]We beat a big south team by 6[/B], that was minus 1 starter, minus a guy who gets significant minutes, and minus their starting big man for a majority of the game. Settle down.

We still didn’t get the ball inside, Phil Jones dunks it first play, and we don’t see anything like that the rest of the game. Too much standing around on offense, multiple times I heard fans yell “MOVE!”. Too many forced shots. Still no discipline, when Ian gets a fould for blatantly pushing the defender off of him, he should have been pulled. Stuck with the zone until it almost completely buried us.

Future, yes for the next 3 years we have Dijuan, Ian Anderson, Wilderness, Dewhurst and Jones, thats 5 guys who got significant minutes last night. Still its one game, and a 61-55 win at home over a big south team won’t get me to write an email.[/QUOTE]

they were still 84th in the RPI which is a good start to get our rpi back to where it was.

wow lefty I thought you'd at least let 24 hours pass.

You should know better than that.

I loved what I saw but I remember hearing a lot of this same stuff after last year’s Hofstra’s game. I’m just reserving any overzealous comments until about 6-7 games in, when we should have a better idea as to what kind of team this is going to be.

they were still 84th in the RPI which is a good start to get our rpi back to where it was.

Please check your facts, they were #185:
http://kenpom.com/sked.php?&y=2007&team=High%20Point

I understand they are the favorite to win the big south, but you don’t crown them with Winthrops RPI. Wintrhop beat people OOC last year, HP did not, thats why Winthrops RPI was high.

[QUOTE=ninerID;267584]Please check your facts, they were #185:
[URL]http://kenpom.com/sked.php?&y=2007&team=High%20Point[/URL]

I understand they are the favorite to win the big south, but you don’t crown them with Winthrops RPI. Wintrhop beat people OOC last year, HP did not, thats why Winthrops RPI was high.[/QUOTE]

a win is a win. i’ll take them how ever they come to us.

a win is a win. i'll take them how ever they come to us.

I’m not arguing that at all. I am glad we won, and high point is a decent opponent.

They are not enough for me to write an email to Dubois about signing the check now, which is the subject of this thread.

Dax was looking at this years RPI, in which case we are tied for 14th, with about 30 other people. Looking at RPI the first week of college basketball is like looking at a baby and trying to tell what kind of grown man it will be.

The RPIs at this point are totally undeveloped.

If we win the Paradise Jam, i’ll rush to get the envelope in the mail. Otherwise, I’ll reserve judgment until after Feb.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;267553]It was only one game but you can see the tremendous potential of this team. I want to see Coach Lutz get the chance to develop this team and add some more key pieces. If the boosters, fans, alumni, students want Bobby to be the coach, Chancellor Dubois and Judy Rose need to hear it.
][/QUOTE]

Coach Lutz has the chance to develop this team. I would urge him to do it.
What differance does it make anyhow? The world ended when Bill Foster left.

pass…

and you’re jumping the gun…

My point is/was if you think Lutz should get an extension, the administration needs to hear from you. Our opinions are important. I talked to several people before the game who thought it should have already been done.

I’d rather have our coaching situation squared away…

That being said, a win over High Point at home should never be a gold star for any coach. The fact that we are all so stoked over a win like this speaks volumes about where we are as a program. I hope Lutz wins a ton of games here, but I recall the same excitement after a win over Hofstra. I’m warming but by no means sold.

It was only one game but you can see that Coach Lutz needs to be fired. No way should we lose to High Point 61-55. If the boosters, fans, alumni, students want Bobby out as coach, Chancellor Dubois and Judy Rose need to hear it.

…Huh? We won?..

ahem

It was only one game but you can see the tremendous potential of this team. I want to see Coach Lutz get the chance to develop this team and add some more key pieces. If the boosters, fans, alumni, students want Bobby to be the coach, Chancellor Dubois and Judy Rose need to hear it.

I see what you did there.

[QUOTE=Powerbait;267556]This team was too disorganized and played way too sloppy. The first half was lutzball on display.

We had a letdown in the second half. One that would have cost us the game against a better team.

Do I think this team has potential? Oh yeah. They were fun to watch in the second half.

Do I think that performance was even close to being enough to make me think I want Lutz back? No way.[/QUOTE]

LMAO…

First game for 8 players against an experienced HP team that is favored to win the Big South. The intensity and defense was great in the first half. I’ll take last night’s performance over the past two years any day of the week. Please tell me how many games you think this team is going to win?

[QUOTE=s9er;267639]I’d rather have our coaching situation squared away…

That being said, a win over High Point at home should never be a gold star for any coach. The fact that we are all so stoked over a win like this speaks volumes about where we are as a program. I hope Lutz wins a ton of games here, but I recall the same excitement after a win over Hofstra. I’m warming but by no means sold.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm…on the other hand we could be Kentucky, Ohio State or Michigan State who all lost to MUCH MUCH worse opponents than High Point…hahahahahahaha