Program's future

once I am convinced we have [U][B]turned the corner[/B][/U], I will be all over Phil and Judy. Its not time.

The defense and no “and1” style last night gives me alot of hope.

Interesting comments after one game

If Lutz wasn’t given a contract extension after last season, is a 6 point win over High Point really enough to change anyone’s mind? I liked what I saw last night, but let’s not get carried away. Phil and Judy have obviously decided that Lutz is going to have to earn an extension and you can’t do that with one win over High Point.

High Point is a powerhouse of a basketball program…

[QUOTE=Savio;267701]High Point is a powerhouse of a basketball program…[/QUOTE]

I your mind

Oh sorry, thought this was the tree word game thread, my bad!:biggrin:

My point is/was if you think Lutz should get an extension, the administration needs to hear from you. Our opinions are important. I talked to several people before the game who thought it should have already been done.

Considering Bobby was told to consider other options, I don’t think our opinions are important right now. Winning games will go a helluva further towards keeping Lutz around here longer. And escaping an ugly game against High Point isn’t really solidifying an extension. Certainly a step in the right direction but no way does one game change the status of the situation.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;267553]It was only one game but you can see the tremendous potential of this team. I want to see Coach Lutz get the chance to develop this team and add some more key pieces. If the boosters, fans, alumni, students want Bobby to be the coach, Chancellor Dubois and Judy Rose need to hear it.

Chancellor Phil Dubois - pdubois@uncc.edu
Athletic Driector Judy Rose - jwrose@uncc.edu[/QUOTE]

I like what I’m reading, unfortunately as usual I didn’t watch the game, but it’s only one game. If we lose our next 5 would you feel the same?

Come on man, this is lefty you are talking about.

[QUOTE=VA49er;267742]I like what I’m reading, unfortunately as usual I didn’t watch the game, but it’s only one game. If we lose our next 5 would you feel the same?[/QUOTE]

We better not. I’ll be at all of them. :49ers: That would really suck.

[QUOTE=Savio;267701]High Point is a powerhouse of a basketball program…[/QUOTE]

No use to dis on High Point… What if we beat GT? Will that change your mind? Well hell, UNCG just took it to them on their home court, so big deal there. High Point is a top 100 team in my book this year. Their RPI might not indicate it in the end (due to their conference and number of non D1’s they have to schedule to get some home games), but they have a dominant player in AZ Reid, nice set of guards (who weren’t at their best against us), and a very good coach in Bart Lundy.

Say “we should of won this one,” but there were many predictions that had us losing this one and winning the Wake game (including WH’s.) Great win to start out the year with so many new guys. If we can get one against App state then this year has started out on an excellent note.

[QUOTE=Ninerballin;267765]No use to dis on High Point…

High Point is a top 100 team in my book this year. Their RPI might not indicate it in the end (due to their conference and number of non D1’s they have to schedule to get some home games), but they have a dominant player in AZ Reid, nice set of guards (who weren’t at their best against us), and a very good coach in Bart Lundy.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I thought the game was too-close-to-call beforehand and in hindsight, I think I got it right. If HP had a couple starters back in their lineup and if the refs called fouls a little more equally for both teams - I don’t know if we win.

What’s point were you trying to make, savio?

What's point were you trying to make, savio?

High Point isn’t a statement game. It’s a win, good for the team. For that matter, nobody is really going to care because it’s a team we’re suppose to beat. If we would have lost that game, that would have been a statement.

Wow, I am a bit surprised this topic so soon. I didn’t get to make the game Friday night. I watched the game on tv (most of the 2nd half atleast) and I read the story and saw the box score. This game by NO MANNER says we should keep Lutz. This was a game we should have won. Done. I want to see where we are in December and at the end of the season. Yes the potential is there but a lot of the same problems are still there. Poor free throw shooting, poor fg percentage. Beating a Big South team doesn’t equal an extension.

[QUOTE=VA49er;267742]I like what I’m reading, unfortunately as usual I didn’t watch the game, but it’s only one game. If we lose our next 5 would you feel the same?[/QUOTE]

It’s Lefty, of course he would.

I was fired up about things but after reading this [URL=http://www.ninernation.net/forum/showthread.php?&t=17974]Another Impressive Performance thread[/URL], wow…Niner Nation is on fire.

Let’s get the extension done so Lutz and staff can build on this. It’s much easier to add a few new pieces than to start all over again. We need this team intact.

I was fired up about things but after reading this [URL=http://www.ninernation.net/forum/showthread.php?&t=17974]Another Impressive Performance thread[/URL], wow...Niner Nation is on fire.

Let’s get the extension done so Lutz and staff can build on this. It’s much easier to add a few new pieces than to start all over again. We need this team intact.

http://www.national-letter.org/dates/

it is tempting in order to pin down a couple guys starting tomorrow.

aren’t we only recruiting 1 spot? or 2? I admit I am not a recruiting nut.

[URL]http://www.national-letter.org/dates/[/URL]

it is tempting in order to pin down a couple guys starting tomorrow.

aren’t we only recruiting 1 spot? or 2? I admit I am not a recruiting nut.

Two. (Goldwire & Phaler graduate) There is specualtion that Lewis is not coming back (of course, EVERY year there is speculation that Lewis is not coming back).

I’d expect Bowden to sign now and then sign one more in the spring.

I was fired up about things but after reading this [URL=http://www.ninernation.net/forum/showthread.php?&t=17974]Another Impressive Performance thread[/URL], wow...Niner Nation is on fire.

I’m a big Lutz fan, and really want him to finish out his career in Niner green. That being said, 2 games over a weekend does not earn you an extention. I think he is well on his way, but I would like to give it AT LEAST a few more games. The whole, “its hurting our recruiting” bit is a tad overstated. We lose 2, and already have one locked up. Waiting another month or 2 isnt going to hurt anything.

While I wasn’t totally sold after HP, I was closer but not totally there after the game last night… When I got in my car to go home and heard Lutz in the post game, he sounded different. He didn’t sound excited last year, he did last night. I like what I’m hearing from him, I like that we can play some D and I like that we have some diversity with the ball, I love the fact that we SHOULD continute to get better and that will compound with Gerrity.

F it… Sign him up.