#ProNiners 2021

This will be a thread to keep tabs on our guys that are playing pro ball. Minor League rosters are starting to fill out and we will see where our guys end up.

Cool picture taken down in minor league spring training earlier this month of our 2017 outfield.

2 Likes

Unfortunately we have to start the thread off with some bad news.

Reece Hampton was released by the Tigers last week. He was a 12th Round pick by the Tigers in 2018.

It sounds like TJ was released by the Orioles today. He was a 9th Round pick by the Orioles in 2017.

Also Harris Yett retired from baseball this offseason. He was drafted in the 32nd Round by the Orioles in 2019.

Looks like Josh Maciejewski is slated to start the season in High A Hudson Valley for the Yankees.

Looks like Colton Laws is slated to pitch for Toronto’s low A affiliate in Dunedin. He was coming back from shoulder surgery and missed 2019, then was ready to pitch again and Covid happened. I think he had another procedure on his arm this offseason. Hopefully minor.

Zach Jarrett is starting in AA Bowie in the Orioles organization. He spent some time there in 2019.

Josh Maciejewski officially with High A Hudson Valley for the Yankees org.

Netzer still showing on the team roster for the AA Portland SeaDogs however he was not mentioned in the roster press release.

Top Red Sox Prospect Highlights 2021 Sea Dogs Roster (milb.com)

Yeah, I’ve been trying to confirm where he is going to be. Same thing with Laws. The Dunedin Blue Jays have him on the roster but he wasn’t in the release.

Maybe they are hurt or going to be in extended spring training.

Looks like Colton may be working out in extended spring training. He’s been assigned to the “Blue Jays Organization.” That could mean he’s been released, I don’t know.

Netzer is no longer listed on the Portland roster. I can’t find his name in any transactions either.

Not really sure what this means but:

May 4, 2021	Portland Sea Dogs placed 2B Brett Netzer on the restricted list.

Colton Laws has been assigned to the Blue Jays High A affiliate Vancouver, but is listed on the 60 Day injured list.

I had to google it and it said it was an excused absence that the team was not obligated to pay his salary. Hopefully it means he is still with the organization in some aspect.

Great podcast with Zach Jarrett. He had lots to say about his time at Charlotte and Bo helping him out.

1 Like

Reece Hampton has signed with the Diamondbacks. Waiting to see where he will play.

https://twitter.com/Diamond9erRPT/status/1393579763365732355?s=20

1 Like

Reece Hampton is playing for High A Hillsboro Hops out West.

Zach Jarrett just got called up to Triple A Norfolk Tides. They just left Charlotte, but will be in Durham for a 6 game series on June 1.

2 Likes

Josh Maciejewski named High-A East Pitcher of the Week last week.

2 G; 11 IP, 0.82 ERA, 7 H, 0 BB, 2 R, 1 ER, 16 K

3 Likes

MLB Draft starts this weekend. We may have a few more #ProNiners to follow.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be mad at David McCabe for leaving if drafted high enough, but I would be greatly disappointed not to see him swing the bat again in a Niner uniform. Really going to miss Groover too! Hoping Knight, Lothes and the rest stick around.

McCabe is must watch TV, every swing is tension for the opposing pitcher.

1 Like

Josh called up to Triple A with the Yankees. Could just be a spot start, but with all the trades maybe he sticks there.

https://twitter.com/Diamond9erRPT/status/1421233855395254273?s=20

3 Likes