PS3/360 vs Wii

[QUOTE=SteauA;329480]That may be true for the moment but let’s not forget that the 360 had a year head start. Things will be different by the time the holiday season comes around and next spring with the release of Home (finally!) Killzone 2, God of War 3, Gran Turismo 5 and LA Noire (a brand new Rockstar game) among others. Sony is catching up big time and it’s so amazing that the console still has so much untapped potential. Sony announced today that they have a 10 year plan for the PS3 meaning that it will still be around in 2016 (2 years of those 10 are already gone if I understood their plan correctly) as their main console so just imagine the possibilities that developers have yet to even discover if Sony, one of the largest and one of the leading manufacturers of electronics in the world has such trust put into it. They also announced a $399 80GB version that will go on sale a little later this year which is an amazing deal for what you get. Let’s not also forget the influence that Bluray (finally won the freakin’ pointless bidding war) will have on developers since those disks have pretty much an unlimited amount of space. These are exciting times for the PS3 owners. I’m still very happy that I chose to buy one instead of the 360.[/QUOTE]

No way does the PS3 make it 10 years. Sony will get killed if they try that. They are already playing catch up and if they sit and wait they will go down the tubes. MSFT is not going to let the 360 stay on the market that long and if the rumors are true that APple might jump in the console war then Sony will have to do something. The next generation boxes are going to arrive and either Sony cuts the PS3 short or they will have to play catch up - again.

[QUOTE=NinerWupAss;329496]No way does the PS3 make it 10 years. Sony will get killed if they try that. They are already playing catch up and if they sit and wait they will go down the tubes. MSFT is not going to let the 360 stay on the market that long and if the rumors are true that APple might jump in the console war then Sony will have to do something. The next generation boxes are going to arrive and either Sony cuts the PS3 short or they will have to play catch up - again.[/QUOTE]

Really? I’m pretty sure the PS2 came out in 2000 and is still going strong today, 8 years later, with 150 new games announced for the system in the coming year. They never said that they wouldn’t come out with a new system, they just said that the PS3 will still be around 10 years from now just like the PS2 is still around now.

[QUOTE=SteauA;329480]That may be true for the moment but let’s not forget that the 360 had a year head start. Things will be different by the time the holiday season comes around and next spring with the release of Home (finally!) Killzone 2, God of War 3, Gran Turismo 5 and LA Noire (a brand new Rockstar game) among others. Sony is catching up big time and it’s so amazing that the console still has so much untapped potential. Sony announced today that they have a 10 year plan for the PS3 meaning that it will still be around in 2016 (2 years of those 10 are already gone if I understood their plan correctly) as their main console so just imagine the possibilities that developers have yet to even discover if Sony, one of the largest and one of the leading manufacturers of electronics in the world has such trust put into it. They also announced a $399 80GB version that will go on sale a little later this year which is an amazing deal for what you get. Let’s not also forget the influence that Bluray (finally won the freakin’ pointless bidding war) will have on developers since those disks have pretty much an unlimited amount of space. These are exciting times for the PS3 owners. I’m still very happy that I chose to buy one instead of the 360.[/QUOTE]

If they have such an unlimited amount of space, why do they require you to wait a half hour to play a game?

Also, God of War 3 is the only game they have coming out soon (other than Disgaea 3, freaking sweet!) that is remotely interesting as an exclusive for PS3. Who knows when GT5 will actually come out, and really, who cares?

I am more excited by Gears of War 2 than by anything on PS3. Also, Fable II (split screen co-op, thank god) and Tales of Vesperia. Oh, and Too Human.

[QUOTE=SteauA;329505]Really? I’m pretty sure the PS2 came out in 2000 and is still going strong today, 8 years later, with 150 new games announced for the system in the coming year. They never said that they wouldn’t come out with a new system, they just said that the PS3 will still be around 10 years from now just like the PS2 is still around now.[/QUOTE]

Well if they want to let the PS3 hangout for 10 years that is fine, but they will not be able to let it stay as their flagship console or they will get crushed.

PB, did you see the GoW2 Rendezvous trailer? Disgusting. Game looks incredible.

Im excited that my 360 is getting a second life as a netflix box.

I just dont have the time to be the dedicated video game nerd I once was.

BTW, Im gonna play COD4 when my machine gets back from the shop. If you run into me, please take it easy. Im a total noob.

I finally picked up Metal Gear Solid 4. I’m only like 2 hours into the single player mode and this is already shaping up to be one of the greatest games I’ve ever plaid and definitely the best looking game I’ve ever seen.

BTW for those of you who have a PS3, who is actually looking forward to LittleBigPlanet? Be honest… (I’m most likely gonna buy it, seems too cool and original not to).

Bringing this thread back from the grave for huge 360 news!

http://www.pastemagazine.com/around_the_web/2009/06/xbox-360-project-natal-full-body-motion-control-on.html

truly revolutionary.

Bringing these thread back from the grave for huge 360 news!

http://www.pastemagazine.com/around_the_web/2009/06/xbox-360-project-natal-full-body-motion-control-on.html

Not to mention plans to enable more web usage from the console, I heard something about email and facebook.

Facebook and Twitter are both going on the 360 now. The Sony E3 conference is up in about a minute, so we’ll see if Sony can bring anything to the table.