PS3/360 vs Wii

[QUOTE=49erMatt;323351]Completely agree. Gill2003, sorry man you got suckered in by a site that unfortunatley is full of 360 fans that are too biased to tell you the truth. Do a little research on your on, PS3 is soon to take over just like PS1 and PS2 did. The only thing 360 has over PS3 is a few more exclusives which is changing and the only reason they have that advantage is because 360 came to market 15 months before PS3. Sorry man wish I would have seen this thread before you bought. Get used to this term RROD.[/QUOTE]

Dude give it a rest! Ever consider maybe part of the reason Gill bought a 360 because there are so many 360 owners on here? As I said in the other thread does it really matter what kind of box you own? Each console has clear strengths that the other console can’t match up with. Just let people enjoy what they have and quit acting like a 12 year old at lunch.

[QUOTE=SteauA;323346]Au contraire mon frere!

What amazing games does the 360 have that any PS 3 titles can’t match up with? Please enlighten me and if you’re gonna hit me with the usual Halo and Gears of War argument don’t bother because I wasn’t much more impressed with those two as I was with Resistance: Fall of Man for example.

Let’s not forget that PS 3 still has the exclusive rights for MSG 4 (getting pretty much perfect reviews so far) and Gran Turismo 5 (which will have full online gameplay), by far the most dominant racing game there is.

edit: I almost forgot about the amazing God of War license and the awesome platformers that are the Ratchet and Jak licenses.[/QUOTE]

First off, I own a PS3.

Second, Mass Effect. If and when God of War 3 comes out, there might be something worth playing on that system. But hey, PS3 is finally getting Bioshock. Still, you are only naming big titles. Which if that is all you play, then the PS3 is a valuable investment. As an occasional gaming system and a movie player, it is pretty solid.

But even with the big titles, you’re gonna miss out on Too Human (so freakin sweet), Ninja Gaiden II, Fable 2, the new Splinter Cell, Alan Wake, Age of Conan, all that DLC for GTA, oh and Gears of War 2. And Halo Wars should be interesting if you’re a RTS fan.

That’s not even getting into RPGs and other smaller exclusive titles. If I liked Final Fantasy, maybe I would care about my PS3. GT5 isn’t out yet, and there is no set release date, so even if I liked racing games, I’d have to wait a while on that. Metal Gear Solid 4 is going to be a good game, I know, but not one that is worth buying a system for.

And, the extras for gaming on xbox are sweet. Achievements, XBL and not having to clog up my harddrive by installing the games on to the system. I am glad that the PS3 is finally giving us a reason to dust it off instead of playing old PS2 games. If PS3 would land some of the more obscure titles out there, like they have with the PS2, I would be stoked.

im still looking forward to playing some of you guys online. What do you guys own? As in, what should be my next purchase, so i can play?

Haha :D

What’s your PSN tag? I only have GTA at the moment though but online play for that thing is ridiculous.

I don’t have GTA yet but going to get it. I’m still on COD4 most of the time. Anyway tag is BigKahuna. I won’t be back in town to get online until Sat so send me an friend invite after that.

I found this humorous. Just wanted to throw a log on the 360 vs. PS3 fire.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R98qC0fd_1w&eurl=http://wiihaveaproblem.com/index.php?p=3[/media]

gill…my tag is the same as aim…hurricanes717…i play COD4, GTA IV, and college hoops every once in a while

Still inside the warrenty, you’re good.

I will chime in on this even though Gill has made his purchase already, I have played all 3 extensively and will give you my synopsis.

Xbox 360. I don’t know what it is about it, but it just doesn’t strike me as being that great. I’ve never liked Xbox controllers and I don’t think the graphics are as good as I expected from Microsoft. I know that it is popular here on this site (probably because of its value versus the PS3). However I think it is merely a value buy.

PS3. When I first played this one I thought it was overpriced and overrated. However since my brother has bought one, I can’t get enough of it. The graphics are downright phenomenal. Nothing like playing NCAA 08 in 1080. It is downright amazing. I think that visually it is better than the Xbox 360 and don’t be fooled by those who tell you every great PS3 game is available on 360. Metal Gear Solid 4 is only available on PS3 and it is AMAZING. If you want the classic video game experience nothing tops PS3.

Wii. The Wii is fun. Tons of it especially when you have a party. Guys like it, girls like it, adults like it, kids like it. It is a ton of fun. As was mentioned the problem is that it isn’t a one player system yet. However it is an investment in the future. If you think a shooter is fun now, just imagine being able to use the nunchuck system to point and shoot or toss nades. How much fun would a game like UR Tournament be if you could use your nunchuck to aim and shoot with. Video game developers will eventually tap into this ability making Wii a truly unique gaming experience that will probably surpass the other 2 in gameplay. However graphically it can not do what 360 or PS3 can do.

Which one to buy?

I think it depends on your tastes and circumstances. If you’ve got plenty of money to blow, grab a PS3 and a Wii. If you can only have one now, but can get one later go for the PS3 first (or 360 if you must). If you have tons of gatherings (not party parties, but get togethers) go with a Wii. To each their own.

[QUOTE=49erFan1;328003]I will chime in on this even though Gill has made his purchase already, I have played all 3 extensively and will give you my synopsis.

Xbox 360. I don’t know what it is about it, but it just doesn’t strike me as being that great. I’ve never liked Xbox controllers and I don’t think the graphics are as good as I expected from Microsoft. I know that it is popular here on this site (probably because of its value versus the PS3). However I think it is merely a value buy.

PS3. When I first played this one I thought it was overpriced and overrated. However since my brother has bought one, I can’t get enough of it. The graphics are downright phenomenal. Nothing like playing NCAA 08 in 1080. It is downright amazing. I think that visually it is better than the Xbox 360 and don’t be fooled by those who tell you every great PS3 game is available on 360. Metal Gear Solid 4 is only available on PS3 and it is AMAZING. If you want the classic video game experience nothing tops PS3.

Wii. The Wii is fun. Tons of it especially when you have a party. Guys like it, girls like it, adults like it, kids like it. It is a ton of fun. As was mentioned the problem is that it isn’t a one player system yet. However it is an investment in the future. If you think a shooter is fun now, just imagine being able to use the nunchuck system to point and shoot or toss nades. How much fun would a game like UR Tournament be if you could use your nunchuck to aim and shoot with. Video game developers will eventually tap into this ability making Wii a truly unique gaming experience that will probably surpass the other 2 in gameplay. However graphically it can not do what 360 or PS3 can do.

Which one to buy?

I think it depends on your tastes and circumstances. If you’ve got plenty of money to blow, grab a PS3 and a Wii. If you can only have one now, but can get one later go for the PS3 first (or 360 if you must). If you have tons of gatherings (not party parties, but get togethers) go with a Wii. To each their own.[/QUOTE]

Too funny.

Your personal opinion, and that’s cool. But I will say that most games look exactly the same on PS3 and Xbox360. The 360 is easily the best system this generation so far. So much better than PS3 and the Wii. I have all three systems, and I own more games for my 360 by a long shot. Wii is second, but not even close.

Maybe when Disgaea 3 comes out, I will dust off the PS3…maybe. If it is as mediocre as 2, then probably not.

Too funny.

Your personal opinion, and that’s cool. But I will say that most games look exactly the same on PS3 and Xbox360. The 360 is easily the best system this generation so far. So much better than PS3 and the Wii. I have all three systems, and I own more games for my 360 by a long shot. Wii is second, but not even close.

Maybe when Disgaea 3 comes out, I will dust off the PS3…maybe. If it is as mediocre as 2, then probably not.

You could be right, maybe because my PS3 is hooked up to a big HDTV wheras I’ve always played 360 on SDTV’s. I’ll have to borrow one and check it out on my TV.

You could be right, maybe because my PS3 is hooked up to a big HDTV wheras I've always played 360 on SDTV's. I'll have to borrow one and check it out on my TV.

That makes a big difference. When I first had my 360 it was on a 20" panasonic tube TV, but then I upgraded to a 32" Olevia LCD, it was like a whole new gaming experience.

PS3 could be so much better, and I want it to be, cause we’ve invested a lot of money in it to just have it sit there.

I will chime in on this even though Gill has made his purchase already, I have played all 3 extensively and will give you my synopsis.

Which one to buy?

I think it depends on your tastes and circumstances. If you’ve got plenty of money to blow, grab a PS3 and a Wii. If you can only have one now, but can get one later go for the PS3 first (or 360 if you must). If you have tons of gatherings (not party parties, but get togethers) go with a Wii. To each their own.

360 games look better. Especially NCAA 08, which runs at 30 fps on ps3 and 60 on xbox. that’s twice the effing framerate. TWICE. all the sports games are exactly the same in that regard. what a joke.

http://joblo.com/netflix-on-your-xbox

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aKJRizBCzT74&refer=home

Another reason to own a XBOX.

Last night during the Microsoft E3 presentation, I lost a reason to purchase a PS3 in the coming months. FF13/Versus will both be on the 360 as well. Which was going to be half my reason of buying a PS3.

I just watched the PS3 E3 presentation, and the only things that really caught my eye were the DC Universe and MAG MMORPGS.

Still have yet to watch the full Microsoft/Nintendo presentations. But the end of the nintendo one sucked… not too many good things coming for the Wii in the near future.

Anyone get or plan on getting NCAA 09 today or in the near future? Looking to see if it’ll be worth buying.

Sony locked up deals with pretty much ever major movie studio and the PSN Store now has movies and tv shows for both purchasing and renting in both SD and HD which btw can also be ported to your PSP.

Stoked.

Resistance 2 looks sick and so does inFamous
[media]http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36419.html?e3i=1[/media]

not to mention our first sneak peek at Mr. Kratos
[media]http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36414.html?e3i=1&type=mov[/media]

drool…

BTW I loved when Sony’s guy said that a game like MSG4 is exclusive to the PS3 because it’s the only system that can run it. That was excellent.

360 games look better. Especially NCAA 08, which runs at 30 fps on ps3 and 60 on xbox. that's twice the effing framerate. TWICE. all the sports games are exactly the same in that regard. what a joke.

For 09 both run at 60. I was reading an article from a developer and he said part of the problem is that the PS3 is just harder to develop for. In many aspects it has untapped potential graphically because most developers are struggling between making the games and making the release dates. Hopefully it improves. I did read in a review that compared 09 for PS3 and Xbox that it looked better on PS3, but the general consensus has been up until now that Xbox360 > PS3.

[QUOTE=49erFan1;329454]For 09 both run at 60. I was reading an article from a developer and he said part of the problem is that the PS3 is just harder to develop for. In many aspects it has untapped potential graphically because most developers are struggling between making the games and making the release dates. Hopefully it improves. I did read in a review that compared 09 for PS3 and Xbox that it looked better on PS3, but the general consensus has been up until now that Xbox360 > PS3.[/QUOTE]

That may be true for the moment but let’s not forget that the 360 had a year head start. Things will be different by the time the holiday season comes around and next spring with the release of Home (finally!) Killzone 2, God of War 3, Gran Turismo 5 and LA Noire (a brand new Rockstar game) among others. Sony is catching up big time and it’s so amazing that the console still has so much untapped potential. Sony announced today that they have a 10 year plan for the PS3 meaning that it will still be around in 2016 (2 years of those 10 are already gone if I understood their plan correctly) as their main console so just imagine the possibilities that developers have yet to even discover if Sony, one of the largest and one of the leading manufacturers of electronics in the world has such trust put into it. They also announced a $399 80GB version that will go on sale a little later this year which is an amazing deal for what you get. Let’s not also forget the influence that Bluray (finally won the freakin’ pointless bidding war) will have on developers since those disks have pretty much an unlimited amount of space. These are exciting times for the PS3 owners. I’m still very happy that I chose to buy one instead of the 360.