Putting your money where your mouth is....

How do PSLā€™s work, because I have the money, I have the desire, but what is it?

The only problem I have is whether or not Iā€™ll still be in NC in 4-5 years. Iā€™m only 24 and depending on where my job takes me it may be tough to justify 2K for 2 non transferrable licenses if I donā€™t get a fair opportunity to use them. Iā€™ll probably contribute, I just wish the program started sooner.

it would probably help some people if there was some way to spread the cost over a period of time. i think the panthers did something like that when they started their campaign.

[QUOTE=uncommon-niner;342440]How do PSLā€™s work, because I have the money, I have the desire, but what is it?[/QUOTE]

PSLā€™s generally work like thisā€¦in this case, you would pay $1000 for the right to buy season tickets in that seat. Itā€™s a one-time fee, but you purchase season tickets every year that you want seats. If you do not purchase tickets in the PSL, then the license for that seat is forfeit.

I think thatā€™s how it generally works, so somebody add to it as you know.

[QUOTE=Savio;342422]Noā€¦the support needs to come from us[/QUOTE]The support will have to come from us and the community. Thatā€™s one of our current problems. We need more support from the community as a whole.

The support will have to come from us and the community. That's one of our current problems. We need more support from the community as a whole.

Amen to that too but alumni have to help push that since there are thousands of you all in Charlotte. Hopefully I will be back after I find what it is I need to do.

So where will our seats be? which is a huge questionā€¦:49ers:

[QUOTE=pickman;342445]it would probably help some people if there was some way to spread the cost over a period of time. i think the panthers did something like that when they started their campaign.[/QUOTE]

I am a Panther PSL owner, I bought mine and they let me pay it off over a 2 year span. It is a one time fee, and you just pay for the tickets every year.

Put me down for 2

:49ers:

Hereā€™s a suggestion to get everyone involved and generate even more interest-> Sell Charlotte Football jerseyā€™s! And buy the way, Iā€™m still waiting for the opportunity to purchase my official replica Charlotte Golf Polo and Charlotte Soccer jersey.

Good for 4 of them. My kids will be old enough to enjoy it by then.

please note that no money will be taken right away, donations will. But according to Dubois, the PSLā€™s (he called them FSLā€™s Fortyniner Seat Licenses) are only accepting commitments for the next while.

The goal is to sell 5000 in 6 months, Judy says she can do it in 4 months. Here is something to keep in mind, the more FSLā€™s sold, the bigger stadium we can achieve sooner.

Iā€™m in for 2.

I agree that it would be a good idea to have a program where people could spread the cost of the PSL out over a period of time. Especiall with the economy being down right now and Iā€™m assuming these things will go on sale right around the Chistmas shopping season (after the november meeting).

It is a must that they change the PSLs to be transferable. This is going to be a major sticking point for local companies and residents with no ties to the University.

ID, So they arenā€™t actually taking money until we get 5000 commitments? How do we know the commitments will follow through?

[QUOTE=franchise49er;342458]Good for 4 of them. My kids will be old enough to enjoy it by then.[/QUOTE]

So, is that a $4,000 upfront fee?

[QUOTE=Max Power;342462]Iā€™m in for 2.

I agree that it would be a good idea to have a program where people could spread the cost of the PSL out over a period of time. Especiall with the economy being down right now and Iā€™m assuming these things will go on sale right around the Chistmas shopping season (after the november meeting).[/QUOTE]

We can ask for FSLā€™s for Christmas!!!

ID, So they aren't actually taking money until we get 5000 commitments? How do we know the commitments will follow through?
Just repeating an answer from a direct question to Dubois/Judy.

We donā€™t know theyā€™ll follow through, but I imagine weā€™ll crush that 5K number in commitments

Iā€™m down for 2.

would we be able to offset the 5000 people goal through some smaller donations specifically earmarked for football? I mean that if 2000 people decide to throw in 50 bucks then we have the equivalent of 100 commitments? I guess my question is the goal 5 million and this is just a suggestion for how to get there, or what?

It is a must that they change the PSLs to be transferable.

Can you explain what that means for the PSL beginners.