Putting your money where your mouth is....

I am in for definite 3.

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;342465]It is a must that they change the PSLs to be transferable. This is going to be a major sticking point for local companies and residents with no ties to the University.[/QUOTE]

Agree 100%

Hey guys, I just spoke with Mike Hummer and this is how to get things started:

Call or email the Athletic Foundation. You can call them at 704-687-4950 and speak with anyone, or you can email Mike at mjhummer(at)uncc.edu.

Right now they are not taking money for FSLā€™s as the plan is not official yet, but expect that they will be $1000 per seat. When you call or email, let them know:

1. Your pledge / commitment for purchasing FSLā€™s - how many seats would you like?
  2. What payment plan you would prefer (1 year, 2 years, etc.)
  3. Include your name, email, phone

The initial idea is that these licenses will not be transferrable, as it will cut off future sources of revenue for a major project, but Iā€™m sure these details will come out over the next couple of months.

Get started folks - [B][SIZE=4]commit![/SIZE][/B]

[QUOTE=EE9er;342480]Can you explain what that means for the PSL beginners.[/QUOTE]

Basically, purchasing a PSL gives you the right to buy season tickets. The PSL is a one time fee that you gain ownership over. It appreciates over time. I think I read somewhere that the Panthers PSLs sold for $3k in 1995 are now worth around $15k. When owning a PSL you must buy the season tickets or forfeit the PSL.

This is where you have to make them transferable, if someone relocates or can no longer afford tickets, or a company decides to no longer get company tickets, they need to be able to transfer or sell that PSL to another invidual or company, typically at a profit. If not then the PSL isnā€™t really a PSL, it is a fee to purchase tickets, and that would mean the school calling them PSLs would be misleading and a straight up lie.

Great explanation-> FSL/ PSL is an OPTION, and as such has value ($$$) unless it is allowed to expire. They MUST be transferable, other wise simply a fee to get into the ticket que.

I canā€™t see much sense in not being able to transfer them- sure you might lose out on some funds in the future- but if they arent it will be a lot tougher to hit that 5000 mark

i have a feeling the option of transfering them was weighed, but at what cost? If they were transferable but 2 grand, itā€™d be hard to sell 5K.

Not exactly happy about it not being transferable, but it wonā€™t be your only option to get tickets, just your best.

they have made the fsl very affordable. at $1000/seat it is not that big of a deal with me. at $3000-5000/seat it probably would. think of it as a contribution to the stadium fund.

Maybe Iā€™m not looking at this whole ā€œtransferableā€ thing right, but isnā€™t it kind of greedy? Does any other college have PSLā€™s? I can understand to get the stadium built we need it, but this ā€œlosing funds in the futureā€ thing is confusing. Are they saying in 10 years if someone wants to buy season tickets they have to purchase a 1000 dollar PSL? If all the PSLā€™s are bought how are they losing any money in the futureā€¦

Maybe I'm not looking at this whole "transferable" thing right, but isn't it kind of greedy? Does any other college have PSL's? I can understand to get the stadium built we need it, but this "losing funds in the future" thing is confusing. Are they saying in 10 years if someone wants to buy season tickets they have to purchase a 1000 dollar PSL? If all the PSL's are bought how are they losing any money in the future.....
off the top of my head, Wake and Citadel did something similar with their latest expansion. I want to say that Clemson did as well, but not positive.

i imagine there will be other ammenties to being an FSL holder, plaques, name plates and such. Other than that, it is all about the name of this thread, put your money where your mouth is.

Future season ticket holders may have to buy FSLā€™s b/c donā€™t expect the stadium to stay at 12k seats for long, it just canā€™t.

[QUOTE=ninerID;342510]Other than that, it is all about the name of this thread, put your money where your mouth is.[/QUOTE]

Agree 100%.

Iā€™m in for 2, and my neighbor (not a Charlotte grad) is in for 2 as well.

As for the NSL, Virginia Tech requires a $2500 annual donation just for the right to buy tickets. Thatā€™s EVERY YEAR. Charlotte is asking for $1000 ONCE. Not a bad deal, if you ask me.

Sure does beat not having a football team.

If the 4k is needed up front, I will probably only buy two right now. But if I can pay it over time (like two years), I will commit to 4 up front.

Count me in for 4!:49ers:

they have any idea of what season tickets will start out about. Iā€™d hate to commit a few grand and have some bs price for tickets.

I'm in for 2, and my neighbor (not a Charlotte grad) is in for 2 as well.

As for the NSL, Virginia Tech requires a $2500 annual donation just for the right to buy tickets. Thatā€™s EVERY YEAR. Charlotte is asking for $1000 ONCE. Not a bad deal, if you ask me.

Sure does beat not having a football team.

i want to say Florida is $8K for something similar, and it just puts you on a list, doesnā€™t mean you get tickets.

Charlotte at $1k is a steal.

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;342523]they have any idea of what season tickets will start out about. Iā€™d hate to commit a few grand and have some bs price for tickets.[/QUOTE]

I would guess around $200, give or take.

I would imagine $200 a year is a good price.

Would the $1000 per ticket go toward our total donation to 49er Athletics? Would it have any impact on priority seating for basketball?

[QUOTE=EE9er;342507]Maybe Iā€™m not looking at this whole ā€œtransferableā€ thing right, but isnā€™t it kind of greedy? Does any other college have PSLā€™s? I can understand to get the stadium built we need it, but this ā€œlosing funds in the futureā€ thing is confusing. Are they saying in 10 years if someone wants to buy season tickets they have to purchase a 1000 dollar PSL? If all the PSLā€™s are bought how are they losing any money in the futureā€¦[/QUOTE]

Because if you decide not to renew your tickets one year, the school get to sell those PSLs to someone else for $1000 each (instead of you selling them).

Like someone else said, I think Dubois thought all of this out very carefully and Iā€™m sure he weighed the trade offs between making them transferable and non transferable. If they were transferable, they may have had to charge $1500.

For all you guys who own your businesses or are independent contractors, remember this is a tax write-offā€¦ I do it with my 49er B-Ball tixs every year! ā€œClient/business entertainmentā€