Q&A with Shamarr Bowden

I’m surprised this hasn’t been posted yet…

[URL]http://gmine.blogspot.com/2008/03/q-with-recruit-shamarr-bowden.html[/URL]

Confident guy, hope he shows it on the court also.

If he’s as good as he thinks he is, we’re going to be very lucky!

I hope he can improve our teams average FT%

“1. What attracted you to Charlotte?
Their style of play, the way the guys on the team work together and how coach Lutz allows his guards to have freedom and make decisions on the court”

I hate reading this again (and again).

[QUOTE=plannerniner;301157]“1. What attracted you to Charlotte?
Their style of play, the way the guys on the team work together and how coach Lutz allows his guards to have freedom and make decisions on the court”

I hate reading this again (and again).[/QUOTE]

Translation: “Because I can shoot all the hell I want to and not worry about getting yanked…”

I like how confident in his game he is + plus he really likes Charlotte and the atmosphere around it. :biggrin:

"1. What attracted you to Charlotte? Their style of play, the way the guys on the team work together and how coach Lutz allows his guards to have freedom and make decisions on the court"

I hate reading this again (and again).

Yeah, I thought the same thing. Although I highly doubt that we’ll have DA part 2, especially with the core of guys we’ve developed this year. So no worries.

I too thought the same thing.

“If you’re a shooter, you go to Charlotte.”

Yeah, I thought the same thing. Although I highly doubt that we'll have DA part 2, especially with the core of guys we've developed this year. So no worries.

Plus, Bowden can hit an outside shot a little better. The only (BIG) hole next year is SG with the loss of Leemire. If Bowden can deliver an effective shot and good defense, could be a fun team next year.

Translation: "Because I can shoot all the hell I want to and not worry about getting yanked....."

:lmao:My thoughts exactly

I like how confident in his game he is + plus he really likes Charlotte and the atmosphere around it. :biggrin:

The atmosphere? That why he originally committed to VT? I won’t hold that against him but thats BS IMHO. I hope he’s awesome here and learns to love it and I think he will per Hootie’s comment.

Maybe he didnt like the atmosphere in VT, and likes it here better.

The atmosphere? That why he originally committed to VT? I won't hold that against him but thats BS IMHO. I hope he's awesome here and learns to love it and I think he will per Hootie's comment.

Eh…VT really doesn’t have that great an atmosphere for basketball as you would think. Football, sure. Basketball, eh. Ya know, just because VT is in the ACC doesn’t mean they automatically have a great basketball atmosphere…

The atmosphere? That why he originally committed to VT? I won't hold that against him but thats BS IMHO. I hope he's awesome here and learns to love it and I think he will per Hootie's comment.

I wasn’t making a reference to VT I was talking about he liked how coaching staff takes an interest in the players and its a “family-like” atmosphere here @ Charlotte.

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;301214]
The atmosphere? That why he originally committed to VT? I won’t hold that against him but thats BS IMHO. I hope he’s awesome here and learns to love it and I think he will per Hootie’s comment.[/QUOTE]

Basketball @ VT? When did this happen?

Eh....VT really doesn't have that great an atmosphere for basketball as you would think. Football, sure. Basketball, eh. Ya know, just because VT is in the ACC doesn't mean they automatically have a great basketball atmosphere....

Trust me, I know VT doesn’t get up much for basketball, that’s why at times I can’t fathom why a guy like this would have picked them over us in the first place… you can shoot all you want here and for the most part be worshipped, at VT maybe you get mistaken for another Vick brother. My comment had nothing to do with VT being in the ACC, I know that has nothing to do with it, especially how they backdoored their way into a conf. that didn’t want them in the first place.

Basketball @ VT? When did this happen?

They started fielding a team about 4 years ago when they joined the ACC, it was a pre-requisite to joining.

ShaGGy approves of Shamarr Bowden and is stealing CLT’s shtick…

hey ShaGGy you should be careful with that beer pong logo change man. The logo is trademarked and the guy who runs the site is a lawyer. You should probably at least put the bpong.com site reference at the bottom of the image. Not to sound like a terd, but the guy has been on this site at one point…

Ya know, just because VT is in the ACC doesn't mean they automatically have a great basketball atmosphere....

See Clemson :biggrin::49ers: