Quentin Jackson - 2016 PG - Signed LOI to Charlotte

Lets not give up yet. We’ve already beat out teams like Iowa St, Kansas St, Tenn, and Ole Miss to get into his final 5 (and possibly 3) along with Lehigh - so I’m not sure conference matters as much to him as coaching staff. Also, I like our position as the only ‘local’ team - a lot closer to Raleigh than Cincy or Providence is.

Thank you! I too tire of the CUSA excuse. I know our conference may make recruiting more difficult at times I do not agree that it means we can’t land top talent. Other schools do it all the time. As long as our staff is selling the school and potential and NOT the conference then we can stack up against many schools. Maybe we land this kid maybe we don’t but I’m not buying the CUSA makes it impossible excuse.

Thank you! I too tire of the CUSA excuse. I know our conference may make recruiting more difficult at times I do not agree that it means we can’t land top talent. Other schools do it all the time. As long as our staff is selling the school and potential and NOT the conference then we can stack up against many schools. Maybe we land this kid maybe we don’t but I’m not buying the CUSA makes it impossible excuse.[/quote]

i don’t really either, i’m just feeling overly negative this morning. winning cures all and a real coach like price can win these battles based on his nba connections. i hope we land this kid and think he has us in the right direction.

i think we’re in for a really fun next several years. :))

Excited to have already beaten out several major programs. Whether we get him or not, it shows that price and the other coaches are at least having top talent give us serious consideration despite a decade of suck.

Any idea when he plans to announce?

Ranked 10 in Virginia, and that includes all private school players. Number 11 is Iran Bennett, someone we are also recruiting hard.

Thank you! I too tire of the CUSA excuse. I know our conference may make recruiting more difficult at times I do not agree that it means we can’t land top talent. Other schools do it all the time. As long as our staff is selling the school and potential and NOT the conference then we can stack up against many schools. Maybe we land this kid maybe we don’t but I’m not buying the CUSA makes it impossible excuse.[/quote]

Agree. Foster, Rose, and Mullins did pretty damn well without any strong conference affiliation. I think Price will too. Mullins did eventually have the Metro Conference, but we were in the Sun Belt Conference when he took over and rebuilt the team.

According to several tweets, Providence out of the mix now, leaving Charlotte and Cincy. Dynamic guard that would be a huge addition for us.

He comes here he gets to play immediately, go to the tournament, and play for someone who’s been a star in the NBA, is deeply connected and respected in the NBA and has coached in the NBA.

So if people think it’s a no-brainer for him to go to Cincinnati they have no brain.

Looks like he’s from Raleigh, is he still in Virginia in HS?

We are a lot closer than the Bearcats, with advantages in potential playing time (though we don’t really know that for sure, the guys already here could be really good) and possibly some cache with Price’s NBA fame as a pg.

Pretty tall for a pg, kind of like Henry. His offensive game looks a lot like him to me at first viewing, but with a much better looking jumpshot. Hope we can land him.

[quote=“9erken, post:30, topic:29729”]Looks like he’s from Raleigh, is he still in Virginia in HS?

We are a lot closer than the Bearcats, with advantages in potential playing time (though we don’t really know that for sure, the guys already here could be really good) and possibly some cache with Price’s NBA fame as a pg.

Pretty tall for a pg, kind of like Henry. His offensive game looks a lot like him to me at first viewing, but with a much better looking jumpshot. Hope we can land him.[/quote]Yes, still going to HS in VA, Carlisle School.

clt hopes can rampage for the 49ers.

[quote=“NLP49, post:29, topic:29729”]He comes here he gets to play immediately, go to the tournament, and play for someone who’s been a star in the NBA, is deeply connected and respected in the NBA and has coached in the NBA.

So if people think it’s a no-brainer for him to go to Cincinnati they have no brain.[/quote]

The CUSA Tournament?

[quote=“TRLeader, post:33, topic:29729”][quote=“NLP49, post:29, topic:29729”]He comes here he gets to play immediately, go to the tournament, and play for someone who’s been a star in the NBA, is deeply connected and respected in the NBA and has coached in the NBA.

So if people think it’s a no-brainer for him to go to Cincinnati they have no brain.[/quote]

The CUSA Tournament?[/quote]

Good post.

Yup

this is a great sign. a big, super athletic guard. first of many four stars that mark price will land here. this made my night.

clt endorses. Highly

Is this the highest rank guard we have had in awhile? How many spots do we have open in 2016? I would think we would go after a 3 and a 4

This is huge for our program. Coach Price already landing the big boys. Go Niners! ;D

i believe we have two spots open for 2016. it sounds like fulkerson and bol are the priorities. i wonder where players like grant williams and isiah whaley and others fall in the pecking order and what the deal with iran bennett is. i’m super pumped right now about this though.