Quentin Jackson - 2016 PG - Signed LOI to Charlotte

Great size for the guard position, #sizeking.

cha-ching! Huge get for us. Cant wait to see backcourt in a couple years. Loaded with talent.

Welcome aboard. My excitement for Niners Basketball is coming back!!

Great get!

Some interestesting facts: Jackson is the son of former North Carolina State University point guard, Quentin Jackson and the maternal-great-grandson of NASCAR Hall-of-Famer Wendell Scott.

2016 Jackson Commits to 49ers

See what he had to say about his commitment, what he told the staff, and when he will be coming back to Charlotte

From David Scott at the Big O.

Charlotteobserver.com: Charlotte 49ers get commitment from highly regarded guard prospect Quentin Jackson Jr.

Just constantly with the less favorable spin. 3 star, only 3 other offers. So tired of their crap.

http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Quentin-Jackson-35417/RecruitInterests

I thought the exact same thing NA…lets bring these Charlotte fans down a notch.

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:67, topic:29729”]Just constantly with the less favorable spin. 3 star, only 3 other offers. So tired of their crap.

http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Quentin-Jackson-35417/RecruitInterests[/quote]I don’t mind the 3 stars part, he is rated 3 stars by other services, though he’s close to a four star composite. It’d be nice if our local writer took a more positive look in an article like this, but I’ve come not to expect that in Charlotte.

But only citing the 3 other schools that offered (and including lowly Rutgers!) is hard to explain away. He left out offers from a ton of other schools, including several SEC and Big 12 teams. Maybe what he meant was that those schools were considered finalists for his commitment, and so he chose Charlotte over those other 3 schools, not that he only had offers from those 3.

Or maybe I’m being too generous here. It’s either nefarious or poor writing/choices.

[quote=“9erken, post:69, topic:29729”][quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:67, topic:29729”]Just constantly with the less favorable spin. 3 star, only 3 other offers. So tired of their crap.

http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Quentin-Jackson-35417/RecruitInterests[/quote]I don’t mind the 3 stars part, he is rated 3 stars by other services, though he’s close to a four star composite. It’d be nice if our local writer took a more positive look in an article like this, but I’ve come not to expect that in Charlotte.

But only citing the 3 other schools that offered (and including lowly Rutgers!) is hard to explain away. He left out offers from a ton of other schools, including several SEC and Big 12 teams. Maybe what he meant was that those schools were considered finalists for his commitment, and so he chose Charlotte over those other 3 schools, not that he only had offers from those 3.

Or maybe I’m being too generous here. It’s either nefarious or poor writing/choices.[/quote] What? You expected a fair write up?

http://hoopseen.com/index.php/news/headlines/item/3427-commitments-of-the-week

Good stuff on Quentin in there.

Will be visiting in late September for his official, along with John Fulkerson.

[quote=“moss2k, post:72, topic:29729”]Will be visiting in late September for his official, along with John Fulkerson.[/quote] I hope Jackson is a good salesman!

#102 overall now at 247sports.com.

;D

if you get a chance, youtube this kid and watch some of his highlight videos. this kid looks like a stud who can do it all.

I did, I actually think his games reminds me of Lester, would be fine with that production, would like him around all 4 years though.

I did, I actually think his games reminds me of Lester, would be fine with that production, would like him around all 4 years though.[/quote]

unlike lester, no grade issues with this kid, unless harvard offers potential non-qualifiers.

Transferring to Cape Fear Christian Academy for his Senior year. His AAU coach is also the HS coach there.

If I’m not mistaken, his visit should coincide with Fulkerson’s this weekend.