Rally around Curt

Now this is more like it.
When your team is down and you show them you love them, thatā€™s what being a fan is all about.

i know this might sound retarded or what not but i really do believe a nice C DUB chant would get his spirits up before he even does anything. He personally feeds off of what we (as fans) do. When you get louder and more intense so does his aggressive attitude. If you really want to see the nasty beast that is curtis withers again, show him that you want it. Along with all the other players. Go crazy in the stands and make it intense to play there.

Hell YEA!!! This thread is starting to accomplish its meaning!

I wanna see the nasty beast that is Curtis Withers! and I know everyone on this board does as well!

Everytime he touches the ballā€¦we chant WITHERS WITHERS WITHERS much like when the guy who throws up an airball touched the ball we chant AIRBALL, idk just thinking of ideas???

In my opinion any new chant we can think of is a good chant!

I like what Iā€™m hearing. It better be loud Monday night. Iā€™m not saying weā€™re going to make the tournament BUT WE HAVE A LOT OF BASKETBALL TO PLAY.

-ESPN2, INDIANA Monday night!!!
-20 games to play
-Conference play is still 3 weeks away
-The A-10 is strong is getting some good press already.
-6 National TV games to come.

We are a terrible team. We have about a 5% chance of beating Indy. Curt has been MIA.

Iā€™ll still chant along with whatever the crowd gets going. I love Curt and have been watching his games since he was about 16. Keep your head up, big fella, and punk out Killingsworth. NBA scouts will be there to see that.

chanting withers wonā€™t have an effect because its hard to get it pronounced. Chanting c dub would be easier to remember and it we can get it louder. need and explanationā€¦notice how the shorter syllable Forty is heard louder than the Niner counter part. so chanting C DUB would be more affective.

we should chant something the whole time were are playing defense. Also everybody in the student section sould bring inn airhorns and pull them out on indianas first freethrow.

Whatever happened to the ā€œD-Fenceā€ chant?

First of all you can chant his whole name easilyā€¦Curtis Withersā€¦come on think about it. And second of all i would like to think Curtis will step up against Indiana but I dont know if on his best day he can stop Killingsworth. But if he does I will be the first person to praise him.

iā€™ll remind you to last year when curt stopped that 7ā€™3 dude that sean may couldnā€™t guard defensively. Killingsworth wonā€™t be easy but that guy plays in the nba soā€¦it will interesting to say the least.

Withers vs Killingsworth! ITs got the makings of a HBO boxing Pay Per View

we are talking Taylor vs. Hopkins
Tyson vs. Hollyfield
Rocky vs. Drago
Butterbean vs ???

haha someone stop me now!!

The ticket office could print it out as a flyer to sell more tickets! Better yet make it poster size and tape it to all the light poles and buildings downtown like they do in NYC, Philly, and DC!!

I

Sure we bring in De and Iā€™ll buy that he cancels out Eddie,

Would you buy my car for $50,000?

Think about it, Curt is obviously upset with how things have gone this far. Bobby runs the offense away from Curt. De just runs the baseline to get open and our inside game is pathetic. It is the gameplan.

By ā€œhow things have gone this farā€, do you mean since he became a starter halfway through his freshman year, and thatā€™s only because Butter looked like he belonged in DII? Curtā€™s career average is from putbacks and garbage buckets. Iā€™ll never forgot Cincy fans telling Curt to tell Bobby and Plavich thanks for not giving him the ball in the final five minutes.

Remember, last season Curt went ballistic in a few conference games after a so so November and December.

I sat behind the Niners basket for Valpo, and Mitch lobbed a pass to Curt with four dudes around him. I know itā€™s one play, but it was brutal to watch.

Such a shame to have this as a senior season. Kind of reminds me of Diegoā€™s drop off his senior year. I agree that Curt shouldnā€™t lead the press. Iā€™ve only been able to attend 2 games this season, but Iā€™ve yet to see the press force a turnover, it just seems to tire out Curt.

No matter what happens this year, we love ya Curt, youā€™ve been one H#!& of a Niner!

Of course, I realize these are college kids (my alcohol consumption in college was at least 3x what it is now), but if I had "his basketball gift" and possible future ahead of me, there is NO WAY I'd want to go to a bar after Saturday's game. This act alone may speak volumes about this team.

Why? You donā€™t practice Sunday. That is pretty crazy a well known 21 year old would want to go out and look for some after a game.

FOOOOOOORRRTTY!! NIIIIINERRRRS!!!

CURRRRRRTISS!! WIIIIIIIIIIITHERSS!!!

I swear to God if this is all thatā€™s needed to get this boy back in his game, Iā€™ll shoot myself :lol:

[QUOTE=dejavu;144063]. Also everybody in the student section sould bring inn airhorns and pull them out on indianas first freethrow.[/QUOTE]

That would be great as you would probably draw a technical foul on the home team as artificial noise makers are banned from college arenas.

This is what Iā€™ve been talking about. The majority of out students are unoriginal morons when it comes to being fans.

pi then why donā€™t you come up with some suggestions since we are soooo unoriginalā€¦because everything iā€™ve ever suggested gets shot down automatically

i know iā€™m one of the few people who might start chanting Dukie V. because iā€™m not the biggest fan of vitale mainly because i think he is a moron who doesnā€™t know anything about basketball outside of duke.

How about I bring a laser pointer and shine it in the Indiana playerā€™s eyes. hahaha (iā€™m not serious)

I heard Dick V. isnā€™t coming.