Rally around Curt

“Hoosier Daddy” chant might be funny. But i think norm should get behind the basket and lift up his shirt and rub his belly. Every time he did that in the girls game against florida they missed their free throw. Mainly because he looks really creepy and him rubbing his belly is kinda creepy.

per chisox :Dick Vitale is comming to Halton

[QUOTE=the daxified one;144090]pi then why don’t you come up with some suggestions since we are soooo unoriginal…because everything i’ve ever suggested gets shot down automatically
[/QUOTE]

I already did that…12 years ago when I was a student. Now it’s no longer my job and I don’t think I am out of line pointing out what a moron someone is for suggesting that students bring airhorns to a game. Why don’t you guys just go back to throwing ice, coins and blowing whistles?

blowing whistles is now an artificial noise maker. I have made suggestions to some of the other students but it hasn’t caught on yet. Like the pep band does the bounce pass shoot. where everyone screams what the opposing team is doing on offense. You basically say bounce every time they bounce the ball. when they are holding the ball you just scream OHHHHHHHHHHHH and then when they pass the ball you obviously say pass. and the same thing with shooting.

I think that the C DUB or Curtis Withers chants are a great idea. What i don’t understand is why the band plays the You Suck song everytime we are down by 10+ points. I guess i can’t really talk because I was right above the tunnel valpo came in and out and I was yelling shit when we were losing at halftime. :lol:

that isn’t the bands fault you can blame the cheerleaders for that. We have to play the songs they have routines too. The guy cheerleaders for some reason like to spell out niners on the floor. SOOOOOO we have to play the song that goes along with that. you don’t have say YOU SUCK you know?

[QUOTE=the daxified one;144095]“Hoosier Daddy” chant might be funny. But i think norm should get behind the basket and lift up his shirt and rub his belly. Every time he did that in the girls game against florida they missed their free throw. Mainly because he looks really creepy and him rubbing his belly is kinda creepy.

per chisox :Dick Vitale is comming to Halton[/QUOTE]

According wfnz this morning, Jay Bilas is broadcasting the game…it was unknown as to who he is working with.

hey PI im almost positive that he was not being serious about the airhorns.

Lighten up! seriously

I think something is definitely wrong with curt.

Emotionally, personally, physically…something.

He’s getting pushed out of position all over the court. That’s why he’s not rebounding lately and more the reason he’s not getting fed in the low post.

We look hard to get it to him down low (and force it on occassion) but he does not creat a solid target to dump down to. We tried all night against Valpo and we couldn’t…then Mitch (or whoever) would try to force it…which would result in a T.O.

Finally, we started posting up D.A. D.A. got Great position and sealed his man in BACK-TO-BACK possessions and got the ball fed to him both times…and he scored both times.

If D.A. (a 6’ 5" guard) knows how to seal and get in good post position…you would think that our senior AA candidate could do it too.

I don’t know if it’s an effort issue, an internal chemistry issue, a personal issue or an injury issue.

But something is keeping Curt from being Curt.

In his 4yrs here, I have never seen him get pushed around as much and be so complacent about it on the court. He’s not even trying to assert himself.

There is a serious issue affecting him in some way. And he’s letting it tear away at any shot he’s got to go pro. He better fix it quick…for our sake and his.

[QUOTE]He’s getting pushed out of position all over the court. That’s why he’s not rebounding lately and more the reason he’s not getting fed in the low post.[/QUOTE]

He rebounds better the more we get him involved in the offense. It was the same way last year. A lot of post players are like that. Why try to get position in the low post if nobody can get you the ball? He tried against Davidson and all he got was 3 offensive fouls.

Eddie was the best player we had at getting the ball inside last year. Our shooters are coming around now, Lee and DA need to learn how to spread the defense a little and give the [B]MAN[/B] some room to work.

Plus we have to either stop pressing or get somebody else to press for us. We need CW’s energy on the offensive side of the court.

blowing whistles is now an artificial noise maker. I have made suggestions to some of the other students but it hasn't caught on yet. Like the pep band does the bounce pass shoot. where everyone screams what the opposing team is doing on offense. You basically say bounce every time they bounce the ball. when they are holding the ball you just scream OHHHHHHHHHHHH and then when they pass the ball you obviously say pass. and the same thing with shooting.

That’s actually a good idea…we did this during the soccer games. When we had the ball: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAYY!! When the other team touched the ball: BOOOOOOOO!!! Very entertaining. :lol:

"Hoosier Daddy" chant might be funny.

Seconded.

But only when we’re up.

Here’s to optimism. :happy::smile:

[QUOTE=the daxified one;144095]“Hoosier Daddy” chant might be funny.[/QUOTE]

Thirded.

the thing with bounce pass everyone has to do it. If only a few people do it, it doesn’t work.

[QUOTE=KTown49er;144131]

Finally, we started posting up D.A. D.A. got Great position and sealed his man in BACK-TO-BACK possessions and got the ball fed to him both times…and he scored both times.

If D.A. (a 6’ 5" guard) knows how to seal and get in good post position…you would think that our senior AA candidate could do it too.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. I think DA is at his best with his back to the basket. He is very strong and able to back down most 2/3 players. He also seems to have a good feel for backing down guys and keeping them on his hip. Its something that is hard to teach…some guys are just good at it.

Curtis is a grown man with an opportunity that most people in this world would kill for.

Why do we need to have a prep rally for him? If he wants to win and play in the NBA, only Curtis can muster that desire to compete at that level.

[QUOTE=the daxified one;144099]blowing whistles is now an artificial noise maker.[/QUOTE]

What else would the be classified as?

You obviously were not at the Cincinnati game a few years back when one of our brilliant student fans thought it would be a good idea to bring a referee’s whistle into the arena and use it to stop play.

It got ugly in the final minutes of the game when he actually stopped a Cincinnati fast break as Levitt (I think) buried a 3 pointer that would have given them the lead.

Just another one of our shining moments in Halton.

Why do we need to have a prep rally for him?

Wow, you’re an idiot.

[QUOTE=49erpi;144087]That would be great as you would probably draw a technical foul on the home team as artificial noise makers are banned from college arenas.

This is what I’ve been talking about. The majority of out students are unoriginal morons when it comes to being fans.[/QUOTE]

You catch more flies with honey…

[QUOTE=gotLutz;144169]Wow, you’re an idiot.[/QUOTE]

What is your point?

[QUOTE=the daxified one;144102]that isn’t the bands fault you can blame the cheerleaders for that. We have to play the songs they have routines too. The guy cheerleaders for some reason like to spell out niners on the floor. SOOOOOO we have to play the song that goes along with that. you don’t have say YOU SUCK you know?[/QUOTE]

Trust me I don’t say YOU SUCK when we are getting pounded by 10+ points. If we are yelling to the other team that they suck then we are insulting our own team because we are getting beat by a sucky team. Not to say our team hasn’t sucked.