Reality, what a concept

OK, I continue to read all the couch coaches that think Price should be fired. All the comments, can’t recruit big men, only wants to run and gun, only recruits guards…etc… there is an old adage, be careful what you wish for… we got that with running Lutz out of here. Lutz bled green and today we would kill to be where he took us, border line NCAA’s every year., he loved CLT . Reality… we are a shitty mid major at best!!! I know we want to be more, but we have a Household NAMED COACH that WANTS to be here. Someone who can get us some free Pub. Who else wants to be here??? name someone? our administration is a mess, our AD is a mess… we don’t pay worth shit. We are lucky to have Price. Perfect match, let him learn as we grow out of obscurity.

I draw this to the Bills mess in Buffalo, you had a coach who wanted to be there… Christ, a named coach with experience who wanted to be there and they ran him off? Who wants to go to Buffalo and who wants to go to CLT.?? if you are established, why come to CLT?

there are two sides to every opening…you might want a coach but he has to also want to be there.

elvis out, we have no choice, give Price the longest leash possible

#thePriceIsRight

We tried Alan Major. He somehow got the talent here, but couldn’t win past December (when talent didn’t matter as much if you didn’t have coaching). We now have a coach Judy didn’t pick. He’s learning. Last year we got better as the season progressed. Hopefully he can figure out the recruiting. He deserves a shot. He’s really only had 1 recruiting season. Our deficiencies are clear: defense and rebounding.

Some of the same people that always called for Lutz to be fired are the same folks proclaiming Price can’t do anything right. Keybroad coaches that are quiet when good things happen.

All I want to know is how the hell has Judy survived this dozen year debacle?

[quote=“elvis, post:1, topic:30721”]OK, I continue to read all the couch coaches that think Price should be fired. All the comments, can’t recruit big men, only wants to run and gun, only recruits guards…etc… there is an old adage, be careful what you wish for… we got that with running Lutz out of here. Lutz bled green and today we would kill to be where he took us, border line NCAA’s every year., he loved CLT . Reality… we are a shitty mid major at best!!! I know we want to be more, but we have a Household NAMED COACH that WANTS to be here. Someone who can get us some free Pub. Who else wants to be here??? name someone? our administration is a mess, our AD is a mess… we don’t pay worth s***. We are lucky to have Price. Perfect match, let him learn as we grow out of obscurity.

I draw this to the Bills mess in Buffalo, you had a coach who wanted to be there… Christ, a named coach with experience who wanted to be there and they ran him off? Who wants to go to Buffalo and who wants to go to CLT.?? if you are established, why come to CLT?

there are two sides to every opening…you might want a coach but he has to also want to be there.

elvis out, we have no choice, give Price the longest leash possible

#thePriceIsRight[/quote]

^^^^ Good post and spot on.

I’ve been wondering this for quite a few years now.

Lutz was done here. Major didn’t get it done. Price has came into a situation, where if he doesn’t win immediately, the fan base is so frustrated, they’ll turn in an instant. The anger doesn’t need to be focused on him. This MBB staff isn’t to blame for the preceding failures.

They have things to improve upon, without question.

[quote=“2k, post:7, topic:30721”]Lutz was done here. Major didn’t get it done. Price has came into a situation, where if he doesn’t win immediately, the fan base is so frustrated, they’ll turn in an instant. The anger doesn’t need to be focused on him. This MBB staff isn’t to blame for the preceding failures.

They have things to improve upon, without question.[/quote]

Yes indeed. We have to give Price a chance to prove himself. He has never struck me as the type of person that enjoys losing.

I keep Price around until Judy is gone, however bad he is.
I don’t want her screwing up another hire.
Same with Lambert.

[quote=“Tintin, post:9, topic:30721”]I keep Price around until Judy is gone, however bad he is.
Same with Lambert.[/quote]

Does anyone have any idea as to how long she is planning on staying around?

[quote=“Ben H, post:10, topic:30721”][quote=“Tintin, post:9, topic:30721”]I keep Price around until Judy is gone, however bad he is.

Does anyone have any idea as to how long she is planning on staying around?[/quote]

The thought is she and Phil will leave in close proximity of each other. I have been told she isn’t interested in working with another chancellor and she is retirement age. I assume that since she has a boss that doesn’t really hold her accountable for fund raising or success on the field - that its a gravy job until the boss changes.

Phil has said he will stay through the capital campaign. I assume that means getting it wrapped up and a few key buildings off the ground.

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:11, topic:30721”][quote=“Ben H, post:10, topic:30721”][quote=“Tintin, post:9, topic:30721”]I keep Price around until Judy is gone, however bad he is.

Does anyone have any idea as to how long she is planning on staying around?[/quote]

The thought is she and Phil will leave in close proximity of each other. I have been told she isn’t interested in working with another chancellor and she is retirement age. I assume that since she has a boss that doesn’t really hold her accountable for fund raising or success on the field - that its a gravy job until the boss changes.

Phil has said he will stay through the capital campaign. I assume that means getting it wrapped up and a few key buildings off the ground.[/quote]

I’ve read about the capital campaign, but I can’t seem to find any idea of how long it will last for or how long it will take to get those buildings up.

This could be the new start that we need. I would seriously throw a party/attend a party based on CHP and Judy’s retirements.

[quote=“Ben H, post:12, topic:30721”][quote=“NinerWupAss, post:11, topic:30721”][quote=“Ben H, post:10, topic:30721”][quote=“Tintin, post:9, topic:30721”]I keep Price around until Judy is gone, however bad he is.

Phil has said he will stay through the capital campaign. I assume that means getting it wrapped up and a few key buildings off the ground.[/quote]

I’ve read about the capital campaign, but I can’t seem to find any idea of how long it will last for or how long it will take to get those buildings up.

This could be the new start that we need. I would seriously throw a party/attend a party based on CHP and Judy’s retirements.[/quote]

it kinda ends when they get the $ commitment they are looking for. I assume he wants to be there for science building ground breaking. Not sure what other buildings they have planned or want to get approved. He might also have some other iconic campus structures that he personally dislikes that he wants removed.

might as well do away with halton and finish the job.

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:13, topic:30721”][quote=“Ben H, post:12, topic:30721”][quote=“NinerWupAss, post:11, topic:30721”][quote=“Ben H, post:10, topic:30721”][quote=“Tintin, post:9, topic:30721”]I keep Price around until Judy is gone, however bad he is.

This could be the new start that we need. I would seriously throw a party/attend a party based on CHP and Judy’s retirements.[/quote]

it kinda ends when they get the $ commitment they are looking for. I assume he wants to be there for science building ground breaking. Not sure what other buildings they have planned or want to get approved. He might also have some other iconic campus structures that he personally dislikes that he wants removed.[/quote]

The Capital Campaign would really take off if Phil and Judy both promised to leave after the money was raised.

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:11, topic:30721”][quote=“Ben H, post:10, topic:30721”][quote=“Tintin, post:9, topic:30721”]I keep Price around until Judy is gone, however bad he is.

Shit. I wouldn’t quit if my boss held me to a standard so low a slug wouldn’t trip over it. Easy money with no consequence

Thought Phil said at one point he’d be around to 2018? Depending on when in 2018 that’s 1-2 more years of phil and presumably the same for Judy.

[quote=“elvis, post:1, topic:30721”]OK, I continue to read all the couch coaches that think Price should be fired. [/quote] Did someone actually call for price to be fired? I missed that.

No, definitely not. However…

2018 would be a good time, because if Price does need to be fired that could fit in perfectly with bringing in a new chancellor, AD, etc.

Definitely hope Price doesn’t need to be fired, but if he does, the timing could work out well.

Obviously no one knows if Price can turn this thing around. However, someone with his basketball knowledge and history deserves every chance to make it happen. It hurts being in this position but he should have at least 4-5 years to prove it.

Charlotte has never been an easy place to win but we are hurt even more by our recent history and conference. Going to take a while or a miracle to go any faster.