Red Sox vs. Yankees

Tried to make a poll that’d catch most of our reading audience.

Red Sox. Partly because I hate the evil empire of the Yankees, partly because I would like to see someone come back from 0-3 to win a series, and partly because as a Cubs fan I sympathize with cursed teams.

Screw the Yankees. Screw Steinbrenner.

Go Sox.

[i]Originally posted by UNCCTF[/i]@Oct 20 2004, 02:02 PM [b] Screw the Yankees. Screw Steinbrenner.

Go Sox. [/b]

What he said.

Go Sox.

Not a big fan of either but I detest the Yankees and everything associated with them. These games have been great and I’d love nothing more than to see a team come back from 0-3 to win the series. Unfortunately, it would only be fitting for Boston fans to continue their suffering by seeing the Yanks send them home tonight. Hope that doesn’t happen but it wouldn’t surprise me one bit.

Sox will choke, although it would be kind of funny to see Clemens beat them in Game 7 of a WS.

I think most of the pressure is on the Yankees now having lost 3 games in a row. Everyone had written off the Red Sox when they were down 3-0. They have been playing with nothing to lose the last three games and I think that will continue tonight. It should be a great game.

Maybe if the Sox win, their curse will be broken and the Yankees will be cursed for the next 75 years since they lost to a cursed team. I don’t really believe in superstition though… I consider it to be bad luck.

Years and years of Yankees suckery would be good, but they also make great villains.
Go Sox.

Yankee fans showed last night just how classless they are. They are great at patting themselves on the back when they are winning but the minute they start losing, they act like the classless jerks that anyone who has ever visited that city is accustomed to. Where else do you need police in riot gear to finish a game? It looked like a soccer game in Europe.

Jeter and GayRod (not that there is anything wrong with that) are mostly to blame for inciting the fans by caring on in the dugout and on the field after the call at first base was corrected. GayRod knew he had interfered but made a scene at second base like he had been robbed while Jeter carried on, like the drama queen that he is, in the dugout. Best part is that Jeter never saw the play because he had his back to first base. What a guy.

F- the Yankees. Go Sox!

Yep, I can’t imagine fans acting worse. The only I can think of is if a employee started a fight with the opposing team in the bullpen. Oops, sorry, it had to be the Yankees who started it, most Sox fans aren’t rabid at all and probably that guy never said a word. I’m sure all Sox fans have friends who were seated close and saw Nelson and Garcia do it all.

[i]Originally posted by LutzFan[/i]@Oct 20 2004, 11:49 AM [b] Maybe if the Sox win, their curse will be broken and the Yankees will be cursed for the next 75 years since they lost to a cursed team. I don't really believe in superstition though... I consider it to be bad luck. [/b]
:unsure: :unsure:

The Sox will prevail, the curse will be lifted. I think this series is given me a ulcer. It amazes me that regular season baseball can be so boring, yet the playoffs may be the most exciting and intense event in sports. Gammons said tonights game will be the most monumental game ever played. That may be alittle much, but it’s definetely close. Hope the Sox win, but if they lose I hope it’s by 10 runs. A heartbreaker would be too much for sox fans to take and will result in mass suicide.

BTW, PI are we on? I left you a message on the other board that loser buys the beer after a Niner game at Picasso’s. That was before the series started. I felt good for a while, but I’m still in if you are. Drop me a message.

[i]Originally posted by Jimmyhat49er+Oct 20 2004, 02:52 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Jimmyhat49er @ Oct 20 2004, 02:52 PM)

Rooting for the Yankees is like rooting for the house in Blackjack.

[i]Originally posted by hootie[/i]@Oct 20 2004, 02:59 PM [b] BTW, PI are we on? I left you a message on the other board that loser buys the beer after a Niner game at Picasso's. That was before the series started. I felt good for a while, but I'm still in if you are. Drop me a message. [/b]
I want a piece of that!!! I'm in Hootie.

Looks like I am overwhelmingly outnumbered by Red Sox fans/ Yankees hater fans. It has turned into a good series and I have to tip my hat to the Red Sox. If they were to win tonight, they definitely deserve to move on to the World Series. They gutted out 2 extra inning wins and then Schilling stepped it up big time last night. Should be a good game tonight but, I’m hoping for a Game 3-like performance. B)

The fans up there last night that were throwing stuff on the field were idiots. There is no sense in that.

Go Yankees!!!

[b] I want a piece of that!!! I'm in Hootie.[/b]

Be careful, you’re still going to owe me beer when Withers outdrafts Mays. :wink:

On topic, believe you me I’m going to be rushing my students out today.
This is the most I’ve ever anticipated any sporting event that has not included my team.

I’m in Hat- and I pay off, one beer at a time or whatever you prefer.

[i]Originally posted by hootie[/i]@Oct 20 2004, 01:09 PM [b] Yep, I can't imagine fans acting worse. The only I can think of is if a employee started a fight with the opposing team in the bullpen. Oops, sorry, it had to be the Yankees who started it, most Sox fans aren't rabid at all and probably that guy never said a word. I'm sure all Sox fans have friends who were seated close and saw Nelson and Garcia do it all. [/b]
Remember, that f** Garcia (not that there is anything wrong with that), jumped over the bullpen wall just to take a cheap shot at a school teacher who was held down while just trying to earn a few extra bucks working at Fenway. What an F-ing coward. Typical Yankee jerk.

Doesn’t matter anyway…the Sox proved that there is no curse tonight and reinforced the fact that good can prevail over evil.

Nice game GayRod…way to earn that 20 million. Nice lip gloss and a real classy play at first base.

Great series Jeter. You’ve proved that you can be a “winner” when surrounded by the best players money can buy. Loved those 4 post season errors. You’re good! Real classy actions in game 6. What a guy.

Where is Real49er now? Hurts, don’t it?

Love it.

[i]Originally posted by hootie[/i]@Oct 20 2004, 10:33 AM [b] Sox will choke, although it would be kind of funny to see Clemens beat them in Game 7 of a WS. [/b]
Whatever Hootie.

Like Jeter says to GayRod, “blow me!”