Report bugs/issues here for new site

There is a time line on the right side with the time of the latest post (E.G. 28 minutes). Click on the time
(28 minutes) and you won’t have to scroll.

Takes me to the latest post or to the last post I read in thread?

Example of what I’m saying… I clicked on the 23-24 basketball thread and it opened to 1 day ago post even though the “last read” line was several scrolls down

I could be wrong but I’m assuming it has to do with the Twitter api. Mine loads at the new posts and then all the Twitter posts load and pushes everything down the screen.

1 Like

Thank Elon for this one. We can’t utilize the Twitter API any longer to do the embed. Well we could at a cost, but the prices he has on it are insane. So we had to switch to the native embed. The problem is the site doesn’t know how long each tweet is gonna be when it builds the page. So, we point you to the right spot, the embeds fill in after the fact and shove it down the page.

I wish there was something I could do, but in this case the only answer at the moment is to quit posting. Tweets.

1 Like

clt says thanks for your hard work!

would threads be easier?

I would suspect that you could find the scroll spy or anchor scroll JavaScript code within Discourse and use JavaScript to delay the script for like 1 second to at least give it a chance to load the twitter iframes. I have had this issue on a project but I assume discourse makes this very hard to find in their code.

Thank you for all the hard work. It’s only a minor annoyance.

If you are as Rich as Elon, I guess you can afford to buy Twotter and crash it into the ground!

Site had a little bit of a hiccup today. But as you can see, Mac to the rescue again. Should be good to go.

Thanks again @ninermac !

6 Likes

Still having issues with not getting to where I last viewed a post. Sometimes I get to where I last viewed. Most times not. Continues to be very annoying. Seems to happen in posts with X posts inserted.

Elon Musk Smoking GIF

I have a feeling this must be a known bug:
“Reply” on a single message doesn’t always work. When it doesn’t:

• It will say in the post being composed the name of who you are replying to. However, it will not then put the message link and name in the top right of the posted message as expected.
  • This is either the same error as before or a variant: when someone replies to you and the aforementioned happens, you will not get a notification that you have been replied to.