Rest of season with Fancher

Just dawned on me that with Fancher, we now have our most experienced head coach sinceā€¦

Bobby Lutz!

Which means, we may get to see a real offensive system for the first time sinceā€¦

Bobby Lutz!

[quote=ā€œdmastinsc, post:21, topic:31272ā€]Just dawned on me that with Fancher, we now have our most experienced head coach sinceā€¦

Bobby Lutz!

Which means, we may get to see a real offensive system for the first time sinceā€¦

Bobby Lutz![/quote] Nah. Not enough time to install a system in part of a season and then heā€™s passed over for a third assistant from some P5 school. I hope Iā€™m being overly pessimistic, of course.

It is my experience that coaching at that level is not about knowing offenses and defenses as they all know them. The difference is who can teach it effectively and who can select the best choices in game.

clt says team looked happy on the ig

I expect a bump in play, generally that happens right after a change. What we will have to see is if it is sustained.

Hoping they can step on ECUā€™s throat tonight.

[quote=ā€œpunchdrunk, post:18, topic:31272ā€]Fancher seems completely credible.

I really liked when Price had him do a press conf 2 wk ago and his quote was ā€œwe played unacceptableā€

that is the standard and language more people around AD need to use across the board[/quote]

Reminder: Judy Rose did not hire Houston Fancher, Mark Price did with the advise of Buzz Peterson.
So when the Pro-Judy shills pat themselves and her on the back for Fancher turning things around, it isnā€™t a feather in Judyā€™s cap.

[quote=ā€œgrendel, post:26, topic:31272ā€][quote=ā€œpunchdrunk, post:18, topic:31272ā€]Fancher seems completely credible.

I really liked when Price had him do a press conf 2 wk ago and his quote was ā€œwe played unacceptableā€

that is the standard and language more people around AD need to use across the board[/quote]

Reminder: Judy Rose did not hire Houston Fancher, Mark Price did with the advise of Buzz Peterson.
So when the Pro-Judy shills pat themselves and her on the back for Fancher turning things around, it isnā€™t a feather in Judyā€™s cap.[/quote]

^This.

We have to acknowledge that should the team right the ship enough to be a .500 team in conference, our FJR momentum will be affected. Thatā€™s just how it works. If weā€™re to be successful, weā€™ll have to keep the pressure on regardless of how much attention itā€™s getting outside of NNN. Iā€™ve presented some ideas to some of you on how to set up our movement for the long fight and to plan for how to maximize our effect through the ups and downs to come, but havenā€™t gotten feedback yet.

My App friend that is well connected at App was laughing about us having a head coach run out of Boone

[quote=ā€œdmastinsc, post:27, topic:31272ā€][quote=ā€œgrendel, post:26, topic:31272ā€][quote=ā€œpunchdrunk, post:18, topic:31272ā€]Fancher seems completely credible.

So when the Pro-Judy shills pat themselves and her on the back for Fancher turning things around, it isnā€™t a feather in Judyā€™s cap.[/quote]

^This.

We have to acknowledge that should the team right the ship enough to be a .500 team in conference, our FJR momentum will be affected. Thatā€™s just how it works. If weā€™re to be successful, weā€™ll have to keep the pressure on regardless of how much attention itā€™s getting outside of NNN. Iā€™ve presented some ideas to some of you on how to set up our movement for the long fight and to plan for how to maximize our effect through the ups and downs to come, but havenā€™t gotten feedback yet.[/quote]

Iā€™ll help any way I can. just let me know.

[quote=ā€œdmastinsc, post:27, topic:31272ā€][quote=ā€œgrendel, post:26, topic:31272ā€][quote=ā€œpunchdrunk, post:18, topic:31272ā€]Fancher seems completely credible.

^This.

We have to acknowledge that should the team right the ship enough to be a .500 team in conference, our FJR momentum will be affected. Thatā€™s just how it works. If weā€™re to be successful, weā€™ll have to keep the pressure on regardless of how much attention itā€™s getting outside of NNN. Iā€™ve presented some ideas to some of you on how to set up our movement for the long fight and to plan for how to maximize our effect through the ups and downs to come, but havenā€™t gotten feedback yet.[/quote]

I wish I had half the optimism you guys have. No way we go .500 in conference. I donā€™t see the Price firing as a ā€œjoltā€ to the team. In fact, I expect them to play worse.

Also, I firmly believe Judy never makes another hire again. I just donā€™t see it. Her respect among the community is shot. She could have Jesus come in here and coach and we still wouldnā€™t support it.

[quote=ā€œmoss2k, post:25, topic:31272ā€]I expect a bump in play, generally that happens right after a change. What we will have to see is if it is sustained.

Hoping they can step on ECUā€™s throat tonight.[/quote]Considering that we are a 2.5 to 3.5 point underdog, that would be a major miracle. We have been taking our underdog role lately and expanding it 3 to 4 fold.

[quote=ā€œgrendel, post:26, topic:31272ā€][quote=ā€œpunchdrunk, post:18, topic:31272ā€]Fancher seems completely credible.

So when the Pro-Judy shills pat themselves and her on the back for Fancher turning things around, it isnā€™t a feather in Judyā€™s cap.[/quote]Grendelā€™s post is DOBA.

[quote=ā€œmoss2k, post:32, topic:31272ā€][quote=ā€œgrendel, post:26, topic:31272ā€][quote=ā€œpunchdrunk, post:18, topic:31272ā€]Fancher seems completely credible.

So when the Pro-Judy shills pat themselves and her on the back for Fancher turning things around, it isnā€™t a feather in Judyā€™s cap.[/quote]Grendelā€™s post is DOBA.[/quote]

I agree with this, butā€¦ If Fancher can turn this shitstorm around, I donā€™t really give a damn who hired him. Hopefully Judy is gone soon and it wonā€™t make much difference.

I always thought Fancher did a respectable job at App.

I think Francher may be a ā€œLutzā€ type coachā€¦lots of fight, fire and enthusiasm !
Thatā€™s what we needā€¦screw what Judy & CHP think are right.
Hope it works out !

I think highly of Fancher, for sure. I just donā€™t want Judy taking credit for him. Iā€™m more than happy to see him do well and then Judyā€™s replacement have a tough decision on his hands.

[quote=ā€œninerJ, post:34, topic:31272ā€]I think Francher may be a ā€œLutzā€ type coachā€¦lots of fight, fire and enthusiasm !
Hope it works out ![/quote]
Yeah, I donā€™t see Fancher going the rest of the season with no Technicals. :wink:

Wow Halftime Adjustments! Like an actual coach does. The two Priceā€™s would have been a 15 pt loss. Weā€™ll end the season a decent team.

[quote=ā€œninerJ, post:34, topic:31272ā€]I think Francher may be a ā€œLutzā€ type coachā€¦lots of fight, fire and enthusiasm !
Hope it works out ![/quote]

No more statements like this. Youā€™re going to blow his chances of getting the job permanently. Lol

got to let this play out, change will usually provide short term jump start
and lets not forget how bad ecu is
still, like what I am seeing!!

Immediate over reactionā€¦ I like fancher.

Offensively we handled the double teams on Jon much better.

With that said, hard to compare this performance to others given Andrienā€™s performance so far off the mean. If he can do 20 consistently teams are gonna have to double jon less.