Rest of season with Fancher

We had a 21-4 run against us against one of the worst shooting teams I have ever seen. We are still awful.

Hmmmm… I mean we aren’t going dancing but beating any D1 team by 19 on the road isn’t something I expected.

White with great game, followed up by 2-6 pts next game?? So damn inconsistent.

Ecu won a few in a row…

Good 19 point win over ECU. Not a bad start. ECU had won 3 in a row.

Really hard for me to not like Francher. Intense straight shooter with a Southern drawl. If Judy will allow him to have a supporting staff that can recruit he might be as good as we can get right now. Don’t know what happened at the end of his App tenure but he did win in Boone. Think about that for a second. He went to the post season at Boone.

Way too early to determine if he should be next coach, but if he does then he needs to get some recruiters in here that can relate to the young players. I feel he needs a diverse staff that can recruit and teach.

I like the international assistant. I think he would be a good one to keep.

[quote=“woodniner, post:47, topic:31272”]I like the international assistant. I think he would be a good one to keep.[/quote]He came here to be with Price, not sure if he’ll stay or not. I’d like to keep him but who knows at this point.

I know he was tied to Price, but if Fancher stays, then I like his contacts to the international players. I think if we could get one ever year than it would be a plus in recruiting.

[quote=“woodniner, post:49, topic:31272”]I know he was tied to Price, but if Fancher stays, then I like his contacts to the international players. I think if we could get one ever year than it would be a plus in recruiting.[/quote]It certainly helps go around the inherent issues of recruiting local kids that are focused on the ACC/SEC offer.

Coach Fancher is scheduled to be on ESPN 730 today - Wednesday, December 20th - at 9:30 AM.

I missed the interview. Does anyone have a link to a re-play?

I have to say he is a very intelligent and honest dude.

Not much “coach speak”

http://www.espncharlotte.net/the-wake-up-call-houston-fancher/

Not much “coach speak”[/quote] I liked that. Also, if the guys play at the same speed as he speaks, we will be fine. ;D

Not much “coach speak”[/quote] I liked that. Also, if the guys play at the same speed as he speaks, we will be fine. ;D[/quote]

I have a good feeling about Fancher after listening to the interview. He hinted about what he thought were some of the teams problems under Price.

I like that he was somewhat candid. Still a lot of coach speak. For the most part really liked his attitude and feel good about him being here for the season.

Not sure what to think of him being upset of being fired after winning a weak conference…in his ninth season and going 13-18. He mentioned buzz took them to 24 wins the following season so I’m not sure how much credit fancher should get there or not. But this reminded me of the accepted mediocrity from our AD the past few decades.

It’s hard to say they’ve accepted mediocrity when we’ve fired Lutz for being average Major for below average and Price for whatever you want to call it.

We extended coaches after mediocre seasons. Bobby was fired more for his personal conflicts with Judy and Phil than his performance. Major was removed due to health, otherwise he might still be here. Price was let go, IMO because Judy thought it would quiet the crowd.

Judy as made terrible hires every time she has had to look outside the organization. Those are her failures. I cannot emphasize enough that she has no metrics for success in coaching hires.