Rest of season with Fancher

Judy as made terrible hires every time she has had to look outside the organization. Those are her failures. I cannot emphasize enough that she has no metrics for success in coaching hires.[/quote]

Football and Men’s basketball are the sports that really count, but Judy has hired some good soccer coaches, golf coaches, and women’s basketball coaches. She deserves credit for those if you are going to (rightly) tag her with Major and Price. To me, Lambert was a good hire to start the program. Keeping him though, I don’t get that.

Judy as made terrible hires every time she has had to look outside the organization. Those are her failures. I cannot emphasize enough that she has no metrics for success in coaching hires.[/quote]

Football and Men’s basketball are the sports that really count, but Judy has hired some good soccer coaches, golf coaches, and women’s basketball coaches. She deserves credit for those if you are going to (rightly) tag her with Major and Price. To me, Lambert was a good hire to start the program. Keeping him though, I don’t get that.[/quote]I don’t understand the logic of calling Lambert a good hire to start the program. A good hire to start the program is someone that wins immediately and keeps the excitement level high. Lambert is BORING and worse, he’s a loser.

We couldn’t have a worse foundation for starting the program. The next coach is basically going to be building a new program from scratch, but instead of one with a clean name, he’s going to have one with stink attached to it.

Football and Men’s basketball are the sports that really count, but Judy has hired some good soccer coaches, golf coaches, and women’s basketball coaches. She deserves credit for those if you are going to (rightly) tag her with Major and Price. To me, Lambert was a good hire to start the program. Keeping him though, I don’t get that.[/quote]I don’t understand the logic of calling Lambert a good hire to start the program. A good hire to start the program is someone that wins immediately and keeps the excitement level high. Lambert is BORING and worse, he’s a loser.

We couldn’t have a worse foundation for starting the program. The next coach is basically going to be building a new program from scratch, but instead of one with a clean name, he’s going to have one with stink attached to it.[/quote]

I think it is unlikely that you are going to hire a coach that will not have a team on the field until the third year of his tenure if he is a proven winner. I mean sure, that would be ideal, but let’s face it, Kiffen isn’t going to take a couple of years off to work with architects to build a stadium and make uniform choices. Lambert isn’t the devil. He oversaw a million choices that positioned us to have a successful program, then we found out he is not a good coach. I am not particularly surprised, and now it is time to move on. Sadly, we didn’t.

Well said Nugget.

We are off topic now - but as for Lambert - I think he was a fine hire to start the program. I think we could have done better, but I wouldn’t say him starting the program was a disaster. The person you hire to start your program is rarely the person who wins at your program. As has been mentioned, Ratliff was a HUGE part of this staff. Losing him I think really knocked this entire program back. Had Judy let Brad go I think we could have looked back and said ok that was a good start. Now though Brad will be remembered more for his lack of ability to get it done than his success in getting it launched

As for other coaches, yeah Judy gets credit for a handful of coaches, but none in the sports that matter. That is one of the HUGE issues with her AD. They seem to think all sports are created equal and that is just not true no matter what Judy thinks. Give her credit for those hires, but the point is NO ONE CARES about women’s basketball. Their gate revenue was under $5k. It literally is of no consequence to us if she hires a bad women’s basketball coach. NONE

You are wrong. Judy cares, and much more than an AD should care. This is where the problem is. It’s also obvious she cares more about softball than baseball too, and baseball is our 3rd largest revenue producing sport.

You are wrong. Judy cares, and much more than an AD should care. This is where the problem is. It’s also obvious she cares more about softball than baseball too, and baseball is our 3rd largest revenue producing sport.[/quote]And women’s basketball is just barely 4th, only edging out mens soccer by a small amount I believe.

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:65, topic:31272”]We are off topic now - but as for Lambert - I think he was a fine hire to start the program. I think we could have done better, but I wouldn’t say him starting the program was a disaster. The person you hire to start your program is rarely the person who wins at your program. As has been mentioned, Ratliff was a HUGE part of this staff. Losing him I think really knocked this entire program back. Had Judy let Brad go I think we could have looked back and said ok that was a good start. Now though Brad will be remembered more for his lack of ability to get it done than his success in getting it launched

As for other coaches, yeah Judy gets credit for a handful of coaches, but none in the sports that matter. That is one of the HUGE issues with her AD. They seem to think all sports are created equal and that is just not true no matter what Judy thinks. Give her credit for those hires, but the point is NO ONE CARES about women’s basketball. Their gate revenue was under $5k. It literally is of no consequence to us if she hires a bad women’s basketball coach. NONE[/quote]
Men’s Basketball and Football are the two that matter to me, but I really want soccer to win (I just don’t want to have to watch it). I want baseball to win. In 5-7 years when I retire I might be spending afternoons at Softball games and I want them to win too. I want C-USA to have a Commissioners Trophy for the best performance across all sports, and I want Charlotte to be in the hunt for that. If we field 18 teams, I want 18 striving to be in the top 3 of the conference. I give credit for any hire that is getting it done. My gripes are for the coaches that are not.

We couldn’t have a worse foundation for starting the program. The next coach is basically going to be building a new program from scratch, but instead of one with a clean name, he’s going to have one with stink attached to it.[/quote]

We could have been playing on the soccer field.

We could have been playing on the soccer field.[/quote]true, but the football coach had nothing to do with that.

We could have been playing on the soccer field.[/quote]true, but the football coach had nothing to do with that.[/quote]
True, that was Phil and Judy. Awwk-ward! :slight_smile:

Back to Fancher… I hope we have a change in AD and Fancher creates the situation where we’ve played so well he’s a legit candidate. I like all his interviews and he does have valuable HC experience.

You have to imagine if we have a new HC in the Fall, they’ll be starting from scratch as well from a roster standpoint. Which can be good or bad, depends on who they might hire and the assistants.

[quote=“moss2k, post:72, topic:31272”]Back to Fancher… I hope we have a change in AD and Fancher creates the situation where we’ve played so well he’s a legit candidate. I like all his interviews and he does have valuable HC experience.

You have to imagine if we have a new HC in the Fall, they’ll be starting from scratch as well from a roster standpoint. Which can be good or bad, depends on who they might hire and the assistants.[/quote]if he kills it the rest of the season, I’ll be thrilled that we can have some continuity. If he finishes with a middling record, I’m cool with him being included in interviews for the permanent position, but I want us to interview other candidates as well.

I don’t think you can or should lock onto anyone at this point. And new ADs typically want to bring in their own people.

That said, this is a job interview, whether its here or elsewhere, for Fancher. Best of luck to him, especially if his success = Charlotte’s.

http://woffordterriers.com/mobile/staff.aspx?staff=30

We have looked 10x better these last two games. Not to take away from anything Fancher is doing, but theres no way he taught this team how to play better d, rebound, and get better ball movement on offense in only 10 days as HC. I still buy the narrative that Price lost the team. They played with no passion on D and lazy, isolation plays on offense under Price this season.

Listening to postgame with Fancher is a 180 degree turn from Price. Definitely much more comfortable with public speaking, that’s for sure!

Anyway, there’s no denying that Fancher has lit a fire with the team that just wasn’t there vs JMU, Wake and UTC. Hate that we lost to USF for the 29th time, but at least we were in the game.

Now, who do we “thank” for having to start conference play with three away games!

We’re supposed to open conference play by losing to ODU by 29, according to realtimerpi.com.

They also have us losing the next 11 of 12. F&#k that s*@t!

I hope we play like we’ve got something to prove.

Fight! Fight! Fight!

[quote=“anipalcraig, post:78, topic:31272”]We’re suppose to open conference play by losing to ODU by 29, according to realtimerpi.com.

Fight! Fight! Fight![/quote]
Won’t happen now that we have a coach that has a clue about college basketball. Fancher has the
guys playing hard and giving max effort. After 2 games its clear to see what the problem was with
this team. Mark & Hudson Price. Its obvious the team had a problem with the special treatment
Hudson was getting. He was playing way too many minutes. The fact he dropped out of school cause
his dad got fired. C’Mon Man. You play for your teammates. You don’t quit on them.

[quote=“ninerrbl, post:79, topic:31272”][quote=“anipalcraig, post:78, topic:31272”]We’re suppose to open conference play by losing to ODU by 29, according to realtimerpi.com.

Fight! Fight! Fight![/quote]
Won’t happen now that we have a coach that has a clue about college basketball. Fancher has the
guys playing hard and giving max effort. After 2 games its clear to see what the problem was with
this team. Mark & Hudson Price. Its obvious the team had a problem with the special treatment
Hudson was getting. He was playing way too many minutes. The fact he dropped out of school cause
his dad got fired. C’Mon Man. You play for your teammates. You don’t quit on them.[/quote] Yea, your team is family.

Uh, never mind.