Results of the name change vote

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=6][B]UNC Charlotte Name Change[/B][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=MS Sans Serif][SIZE=2][COLOR=#00b050][B]YES [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff0000][B]707[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=MS Sans Serif][SIZE=2][COLOR=#00b050][B]INDIFFERENT [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff0000][B]140[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=MS Sans Serif][SIZE=2][COLOR=#00b050][B]NO [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff0000][B]775[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[URL]http://sga.uncc.edu/node/653[/URL]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=6][B]UNC Charlotte Name Change[/B][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=MS Sans Serif][SIZE=2][COLOR=#00b050][B]YES [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff0000][B]707[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=MS Sans Serif][SIZE=2][COLOR=#00b050][B]INDIFFERENT [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff0000][B]140[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=MS Sans Serif][SIZE=2][COLOR=#00b050][B]NO [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff0000][B]775[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

http://sga.uncc.edu/node/653

so now what? Is it over?

[QUOTE=49erMatt;399473]so now what? Is it over?[/QUOTE]

No, this wasn’t the name change vote. It was still on the ballot because the official vote was postponed too late to remove it. All this does is tell us that we have to fight and fight hard to get the word out about why this is needed.

What the hell is wrong with those 775 students?

There was a reason this wasn’t posted… lol. It’s total BS. No campaigning, small voter turnout. It’s worthless.

[SIZE=4][B]The real vote is in November.

[SIZE=3]also

[/SIZE][/B][SIZE=3]The question was “Would you support a name change to ‘The University of Charlotte.’”
[/SIZE][B][SIZE=3]
[/SIZE][/B][SIZE=3][SIZE=2]So people could have voted no because they don’t like that name as much as Charlotte State U or something.[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/SIZE]

What the hell is wrong with those 775 students?
Most of the no voters probably don't know anything about the name change or the reasons behind it. Before the real vote, there needs to be some sort of campaign people hear about or a mass email or something...

If I didn’t read this board I would know nothing about it.

[QUOTE=49or bust;399479]There was a reason this wasn’t posted… lol. It’s total BS. No campaigning, small voter turnout. It’s worthless.

[SIZE=4][B]The real vote is in November.

[SIZE=3]also

[/SIZE][/B][SIZE=3]The question was “Would you support a name change to ‘The University of Charlotte.’”
[/SIZE][B][SIZE=3]
[/SIZE][/B][SIZE=3][SIZE=2]So people could have voted no because they don’t like that name as much as Charlotte State U or something.[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Is there a way to add a second page after voting on the question “Do you support changing our University’s name” so that students can input what they believe the name should be changed to?

So, the question presents itself – Who will be heading up the name change movement among the students after alot of us graduate?

Most of the no voters probably don't know anything about the name change or the reasons behind it. Before the real vote, there needs to be some sort of campaign people hear about or a mass email or something...

If I didn’t read this board I would know nothing about it.

Oh yes indeedy. Campaigning didn’t happen this time because we couldn’t get a date locked down for the vote nor the appropriate time frame. We’ve got a solid date and the time frame we desperately needed so we will be doing this big and right.

[QUOTE=Pork Chop;399476]What the hell is wrong with those 775 students?[/QUOTE]

This is what’s wrong with them:

:pout:

So, the question presents itself -- Who will be heading up the name change movement among the students after alot of us graduate?
Hooner is taking over as pres, but I know a couple of guys who will be helping more this time around, namely TheLew1014 and Ninerballin and I'm probably forgetting a few guys.

But I’ll still be around leading the campaign.

Is there a way to add a second page after voting on the question "Do you support changing our University's name" so that students can input what they believe the name should be changed to?
I was hoping to do something like this. I had a 3 question progression in mind for the real vote. I'll ask my guy in SGA if this is possible, unless anyone else on here knows.

:lmao:Well, seeing how some fools have called the vote for football illegitimate I’m sure we can do the same with this!!!:lmao:

This helps more than it hurts.

This helps more than it hurts.
Ya figure? How so?

[QUOTE=49timesthelovin;399471][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=6][B]UNC Charlotte Name Change[/B][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=MS Sans Serif][SIZE=2][COLOR=#00b050][B]YES [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff0000][B]707[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=MS Sans Serif][SIZE=2][COLOR=#00b050][B]INDIFFERENT [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff0000][B]140[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=MS Sans Serif][SIZE=2][COLOR=#00b050][B]NO [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff0000][B]775[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[URL]http://sga.uncc.edu/node/653[/URL][/QUOTE]

Not that I’d want to win by such a small margin but anyone on here who could and didn’t vote needs to correct that on the official vote coming up!

7% of the student population voted.

Pointless, irrelevant amount of students. It means nothing.

More important to the name change movement was the election of Lemons/Pierce, who seem to sidestep this issue and have taken no definitive stance on it. Kirby/Smither, who have stated that they are pro-name change, would have been a great asset to our cause.

[QUOTE=49or bust;399506]Ya figure? How so?[/QUOTE]

I think that even though we’ve realized that over half of the voters wouldn’t support the name change, this lets us know how hard we have to push to get the rest of the student population to vote in favor of the change.

More important to the name change movement was the election of Lemons/Pierce, who seem to sidestep this issue and have taken no definitive stance on it. Kirby/Smither, who have stated that they are pro-name change, would have been a great asset to our cause.
Didn't you endorse Lemons/Pierce in another thread?

Not trying to call you out, but did something cause you to change your mind?