Rice Away Game 2-15-20 3:00 Tip

We donā€™t get second chance points because we donā€™t keep anyone back to get them. It would be different if our defense benefited from everyone getting on defense but it doesnā€™t.

1 Like

MGM commercial is good

1 Like

Wow, just wow, how bad can we look. Horrible

2 Likes

That may have been our worst game of the year. Four minutes in you called have stopped it. The performance was as brutal as Rices Golduster sweatpants.

1 Like

You picked a fine time to leave me, Lucille.

Flat out terrible. Weā€™ve hit the wall. Iā€™m taking my emotional investment back a few notches for my own sanity. Whatever happens from here on, happens. Gotta gear my enthusiasm down or Iā€™ll go bonkers. Well better than last year. Yea.

So Rice has really turned there season. The won their last 4 out of 6 beating two teams in Pod 1 and one team in Pod 2. They lost to UTSA by 2 and ODU by 3. They took us out of our game by playing zone. I am surprised other teams donā€™t do this more. We suck every time they do. The guys who couldnā€™t get minutes at other programs showed why today.

We got zero points and no rebounds from our center position. Supica in particular had a really rough outing. Coach Sanchez was upset with Supica in the post game interview for fouling a three point shooter. Coach also made a comment about players having zero stats on the box score indicating it shows they are not making an impact on the game.

What else did he say? Did he say anything about the defense or effort?

Coach Sanchez said we didnā€™t come out with enough energy which allowed Rice to get an early double digit lead they never relinquished. In a bit of a cop out, Sanchez indicated he would need to watch the film before commenting much more about the game. He did mention that since we are near the top of the league, we will see the best from most teams. Today, Rice was playing for their lives and came out with strong energy which we didnā€™t match. He also blamed our youth which is a little off base since Young is the only freshman seeing significant minutes.

1 Like

Milos DID sit. He played 10 minutes, all in first half I think.

How the heck is the team that played today 14-11?

Our schedule this year was probably the weakest in Charlotte history. North Texas is the highest ranked team in the current NET rankings that we have played this season. North Texas is currently ranked number 88 in the nation.

See that Davidson is #77. Their upset win over St. Bonaventure last night good enough to move Cats up 13 spots.

Anyway, Iā€™ll give North Texas coach Grant McCasland credit for playing the toughest OOC sked in C-USA this season - even with a couple of non-DI schools. Definitely shows how much being in this league drags oneā€™s overall ranking down!

Whether or not this is our weakest sked as a DI is up for debate. Weā€™ve played some real dogs in the past and during the Wisselball era in particular, lost to DI and non-DI alike.

Worst SOS since at least 1993. Quit looking back. However with the new pod format, I wonder how much the SOS will improve against 4 ok teams.

clt saw lutz today on campus

Bonus Play was a bust last season. Nothing has changed since.

1 Like

I predict that we will finish regular season at 16-13

1 Like

I hope it turns out that good Poovdog!

1 Like

To say it was a bust doesnā€™t account for the fact that the teams in pod 1 just werenā€™t highly rated enough for it to even make a difference.

Pod play, bonus play, whatever it should really be called, is a good idea if teams are actually on the bubble for an at-large. CUSA just doesnā€™t have enough good teams to help one another get over those humps.

1 Like