Rice Away Game 2-15-20 3:00 Tip

Lost in this blowout was that Young was two rebounds short of a double double. He finished with 16 points and 8 rebounds. He should easily win CUSA freshmen of the week again after averaging 18.5 points and 6.5 rebounds this week. I feel like he is quickly establishing himself as the leader of this team. Shepherd tries to feel that roll, but he just can’t hit the shots when they need them. Give the ball to Young with 9 seconds on the clock instead.

Martin has picked up his scoring of late averaging 14.5 over the last 3 games and 12.3 over his last 6 games. He is at 9.5 for the season. He was at 9.4 last season, but he is shooting 47.6% over 40% from last season.

I also thought Bertram played maybe his best game yesterday. While he missed both shots that he took, he had 2 rebounds, 3 assists and only 1 turnover. His defense was what stood out to me though. I didn’t see him get beat at all.

2 Likes

Dowless, I thought Bertram played well also. Definitely better on D yesterday.

i agree with the sentiments about his defense yesterday but if he isnt hitting 3’s, he doesnt give us much. id love to know why brice isn’t playing more.

1 Like

You could look at it that way, but what did Shep give us yesterday. 8 more missed shots than Bertram and the same number of assists. I don’t think Shep should be getting 37 minutes based on his play of late. He scores points, but he takes a lot of shots and is a turnover machine.

Brice didn’t look so good to me. He seemed a little lost out there yesterday.

i agree about shep. he is being forced to do too much. he needs to be a 10ppg guy next season instead of a 15ppg guy. he’s a good player, athletic and able to take you off the dribble but is a subpar shooter and to machine. take the ball out of his hands a bit and i think he becomes more valuable and less of a liability.

We got bitch slap punked by a bottom feeder.
Nothing else needs ti be said !

Thank God daily for Jamir Young and pray he doesnt take the same path as Torin Dorn after his CFY season.

Agree that Jahmir Young gave FOTW performances this past week in spite of the outcomes. Don’t think it’s a coincidence that C-USA used a game photo of him in the Bonus Play announcement. FOY trophy probably already engraved!

2 Likes

Yesterday wasn’t a good day for Niners both current and former. Ryan Murphy (Pitt), Curran Scott (Clemson), and Andrien White (Wake) were all scoreless in their respective ACC matchups - though Scott was on the winning team as the Tigers knocked off #5 Louisville.

Future Niner Jackson Threadgill did have 31 pts and 4 steals in Davidson Day’s 93-35 win over Burlington Christian in the third round of the NCISAA 2A playoffs.

2 Likes

58 point wins in the 3rd round of playoffs? Did every team get a 2 game bye?

Top seeds received a two game bye