Rising on 9/5 - Wilson's World

Wilson wants to do Rising on Sept 5th. Anyone interested in joining us?

Id likely be able to make it

Maybe, taking half-day Thursday and the Friday off after Campbell game. Might come out until about 7:15 though.

Thanks guys - I asked Wilson if he was working with the AD for this. Will have more details later

LOL, you know the answer to that.

LOL, you know the answer to that.[/quote]

So let’s see posted this on 8/18 - nearly a week has gone by and the AD has not reached back out to Wilson yet. He said he is still waiting to hear from them. Because free local TV coverage just isn’t worth the hassle ya know? Oh and that stadium expansion will only happen when the demand is there, but they won’t do things like this THAT HELP DRIVE DEMAND!

I swear supporting this school sometimes is the absolute dumbest thing in the world. The most simple things escape them.

Currently:
Wilson: Would you like some free TV coverage?
AD: :crickets:

Should be:
AD: Absolutely - count us in and we will get back to you with the details such as where and who we can send.

No wonder Metro gets pissed at them.

So let’s see posted this on 8/18 - nearly a week has gone by and the AD has not reached back out to Wilson yet. He said he is still waiting to hear from them. Because free local TV coverage just isn’t worth the hassle ya know? Oh and that stadium expansion will only happen when the demand is there, but they won’t do things like this THAT HELP DRIVE DEMAND!

I swear supporting this school sometimes is the absolute dumbest thing in the world. The most simple things escape them.

Currently:

Should be:
AD: Absolutely - count us in and we will get back to you with the details such as where and who we can send.[/quote]

49er Football is supposed to be a secret. All the games are sold out and you can only get tickets if you buy an FSL.

Currently:

Should be:
AD: Absolutely - count us in and we will get back to you with the details such as where and who we can send.[/quote]

Yep, that’s what I’d expect.

The motto they look to obtain must be “The best kept secret in town”. They’re borderline free masons with this secrecy stuff.

Currently:

Should be:

In fairness to the AD, did someone actually reach out to them or was the expectation that they read an obscure post on NNN and were supposed to reach out to Wilson?

Currently:

Should be:

In fairness to the AD, did someone actually reach out to them or was the expectation that they read an obscure post on NNN and were supposed to reach out to Wilson?[/quote]
Well, normally they do.

Currently:

Should be:

In fairness to the AD, did someone actually reach out to them or was the expectation that they read an obscure post on NNN and were supposed to reach out to Wilson?[/quote]

Wilson reached out to them and as of this morning he was waiting to hear back.

Trust me if I wanted to interject I would have called the AD not posted a random thread on NNN to get their attention.

Currently:

Should be:

Trust me if I wanted to interject I would have called the AD not posted a random thread on NNN to get their attention.[/quote]

We’ve got a few weeks until Sept. 5th. I think the AD will make this happen. Happy to set up a wager for any doubters out there.

Currently:

Should be:

Trust me if I wanted to interject I would have called the AD not posted a random thread on NNN to get their attention.[/quote]

We’ve got a few weeks until Sept. 5th. I think the AD will make this happen. Happy to set up a wager for any doubters out there.[/quote]

Oh I think it will happen - just again points to how poorly run our AD is. Why would you go a week without getting back to someone that wants to give you free press? Totally unprofessional.

Currently:

Should be:

We’ve got a few weeks until Sept. 5th. I think the AD will make this happen. Happy to set up a wager for any doubters out there.[/quote]

Oh I think it will happen - just again points to how poorly run our AD is. Why would you go a week without getting back to someone that wants to give you free press? Totally unprofessional.[/quote]

Not to mention that WCCB is a corporate sponsor of our program and televises our football games.

Who wants to set up a wager, that we will not get professional in the next 365 days?

Are you giving odds, like maybe 10-1? I’ll bet you 10 against 100.

Currently:

Should be:

Oh I think it will happen - just again points to how poorly run our AD is. Why would you go a week without getting back to someone that wants to give you free press? Totally unprofessional.[/quote]

This is shocking. If I performed like that in my job I would be out on my ass. I think most of us are in the same boat. I’m not in sports entertainment but it seems to me that when a TV station wants to put you on the air you freaking call them back. Are they not putting in enough hours over there?

I think some of the “concerned citizens” of NNN should volunteer to answer phones at the AD to ensure messages are properly received. They are obviously inadequate in this regard and until Judy Rose retires these communication breakdowns will happen often and likely increase in frequency. If you really care about our University, please step up. I’ve already taken Monday morning’s from 8am to 12pm. We especially need people to fill in for the all important lunchtime slot. I’m working on having your volunteer time count towards your annual giving as well. Only $10/hr but just 50 hours will give you enough to earn a parking pass in the black lot. Time to step up NinerNation! We didn’t sit idle when we wanted a football team so let’s sure as hell not sit idle when we need a few phone calls answered and returned!!

If someone could start a counter that would be nice as well. Ex. 9 days, 3 hours and 22 minutes since Wilson left an unreturned message with the AD

[quote=“ninermike, post:19, topic:28956”]I think some of the “concerned citizens” of NNN should volunteer to answer phones at the AD to ensure messages are properly received. They are obviously inadequate in this regard and until Judy Rose retires these communication breakdowns will happen often and likely increase in frequency. If you really care about our University, please step up. I’ve already taken Monday morning’s from 8am to 12pm. We especially need people to fill in for the all important lunchtime slot. I’m working on having your volunteer time count towards your annual giving as well. Only $10/hr but just 50 hours will give you enough to earn a parking pass in the black lot. Time to step up NinerNation! We didn’t sit idle when we wanted a football team so let’s sure as hell not sit idle when we need a few phone calls answered and returned!!

If someone could start a counter that would be nice as well. Ex. 9 days, 3 hours and 22 minutes since Wilson left an unreturned message with the AD[/quote]

Is this tongue and cheek or are you serious? I’m definitely willing to put in some hours where needed.