rivals.com Top 64 Countdown

[QUOTE=switchfoot;253830]Sadly theres about zero chance weā€™re in this.[/QUOTE]
Thatā€™s because the A10 has pulled us down so much. :rolleyes: I donā€™t understand why it pulled us down without pulling down the A10 teams that will be making this list. It must be some kind of conspiracy.

[QUOTE=switchfoot;253830]Sadly theres about zero chance weā€™re in this.[/QUOTE]
No doubt as this is a list projecting the 64 BEST teams, not the NCAA tourney field.

1. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers

53. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets

Link: #53 Georgia Tech

1. Virginia Commonweath Rams

Saw this on Rivals from Mike DeCourcyā€¦

Atlantic 10 athletic directors will meet the first week in September, and the league's presidents will gather in October. Members of both groups are working to elevate the league's performance and profile, particularly in the glamour (and revenue-producing) sport of basketball. The A-10 ranked 10th among conferences in the Ratings Percentage Index last season and had only two NCAA Tournament teams; it was the fourth season in the past six in which the league received two or fewer bids.

Link: Rivals.com

More A-10, as St. Joeā€™s makes the list.

1. Saint Josephā€™s Hawks

Link: #51 Saint Josephā€™s

1. Oklahoma State Cowboys

[QUOTE=Chipper;253836]Thatā€™s because the A10 has pulled us down so much. :rolleyes: I donā€™t understand why it pulled us down without pulling down the A10 teams that will be making this list. It must be some kind of conspiracy.[/QUOTE]

you are obviously misinformed or donā€™t pay attention, or draw a paycheck from the athletic dept

go have a candid conversation with Lutz, and ask him about what the A10 did to basketball and OUR FAN BASE, morale, etc

thats not to say it canā€™t get better and return to what it ā€œwasā€

FWIW, I think Bobby needs to quit whining and do something about winning. Unfortunately, I believe the latter is going to be hard to come by in 07-08, both OOC and in the A-10.

1. West Virginia Mountaineers
  1. Maryland Terrapins

Link: #48 Maryland

1. George Mason Patriots
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers

2. Illinois Fighting Illini

1. New Mexico State Aggies

With this tidbit about our ā€œfavoriteā€ Aussieā€¦ :rolleyes:

[b]Must Step Up

C Martin Iti[/b]: Iti averaged 6.4 points, 4.3 rebounds and 1.3 blocks per game, but his 7-foot frame makes him seem capable of much more. Iti could provide much more offense if he learned how to shoot free throws more effectively. Although Iti shot 63.7 percent (86-of-135) from the floor last year, he shot only 37.2 percent (32-of-86) from the foul line.

Link: Rivals.com: #44 New Mexico State

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;253316]When we whine about the A10 sucking while finishing in the bottom half, we sound as stupid as the Louisville fans did in CUSA.
[/QUOTE]

Can I get an AMEN!!!

Amen

1. Wisconsin Badgers

42. Southern Miss Golden Eagles

[B][COLOR=gold]42. Southern Miss Golden Eagles[/COLOR][/B]

This has to be the highest they have ever been ranked by anyone in basketball. I cant remember them ever being top 50 ever before.

This has to be the highest they have ever been ranked by anyone in basketball. I cant remember them ever being top 50 ever before.

Maybe during the Clarence Weatherspoon days of the '90s.