rivals.com Top 64 Countdown

[QUOTE=KTown49er;256061]Maybe during the Clarence Weatherspoon days of the '90s.[/QUOTE]
Yes, Southern Miss was ranked when Weatherspoon played for M. K. Turk. Also the last time USM went to the NCAA, though they did win an NIT title in 1987 when the Golden Eagles beat La Salle in the championship game.

X is the 5th A-10 team to make the Rivals Top 64…

1. Xavier Musketeers

Link: #41 Xavier

40. Vanderbilt Commodores

[QUOTE=run49er;256229]X is the 5th A-10 team to make the Rivals Top 64…

1. Xavier Musketeers

Link: #41 Xavier[/QUOTE]

Well that’s it for us then, no top 25 teams i guess.

[QUOTE=KTown49er;256061]Maybe during the Clarence Weatherspoon days of the '90s.[/QUOTE]

I remember my freshman year, our first year in the Metro Conference, there was only 7 teams in the league and 4 of them made the NCAAs: Charlotte, UL, Tulane, USM. I am pretty sure all 4 were top 25 (we got to 17)

it will be interesting to see how many socon teams make this list vs the number of a-10 teams that make this list.

1. Virginia Cavaliers

[QUOTE=LakeNorman49er;256405]it will be interesting to see how many socon teams make this list vs the number of a-10 teams that make this list.[/QUOTE]
I’d guess just one - Davidson. The A-10 has the largest number for a non-BCS league with 5, followed by Conference USA and the Colonial with 3 apiece.

Rivals.com: Mid-major push: Which leagues to watch

And speaking of Davidson…

1. Davidson Wildcats

Link: #38 Davidson

1. Florida Gators
[COLOR=orange]37. Florida Gators[/COLOR]

that seems a little low…

[QUOTE=ninerball49;256671]that seems a little low…[/QUOTE]

from back to back champs to nothing, huh?

Yeah, low to me too.

from back to back champs to nothing, huh?

Yeah, low to me too.

i’ve lost complete faith in both of these lists now. the second i see florida (even at their program’s worst) anywhere near davidson, someone doesnt know what they’re talking about.

Ninerball and Powerbait, just curious as to what you disagreed with in the write-up on Florida. Bob McClellan points out that there is only ONE returnee with significants minutes from last year’s squad. He also notes that Rivals ranked Florida’s incoming class #1 (which includes Nick Calathes, the younger brother of St. Joe’s Pat Calathes) and by season’s end should be an NCAA tourney team.

It’s not like Florida is going to disappear like Illinois has since their run to the final in 2005. The Illini have sunk so low that they lost to that Canadian “powerhouse” Concordia University 86-82 this past weekend in Montreal!

[QUOTE=run49er;256685]Ninerball and Powerbait, just curious as to what you disagreed with in the write-up on Florida. Bob McClellan points out that there is only ONE returnee with significants minutes from last year’s squad. He also notes that Rivals ranked Florida’s incoming class #1 (which includes Nick Calathes, the younger brother of St. Joe’s Pat Calathes) and by season’s end should be an NCAA tourney team.

It’s not like Florida is going to disappear like Illinois has since their run to the final in 2005. The Illini have sunk so low that they lost to that Canadian “powerhouse” Concordia University 86-82 this past weekend in Montreal![/QUOTE]

I didn’t disagree with the write up, I guess just the placement. I think 37th is a little low. I figure they will be a Top 25 team again this year. Billy Donovan has shown he is a good coach.

But, I wouldn’t say florida at its lowest shouldn’t be far from Davidson, there are years in Florida’s basketball history where Davidson could have beaten them.

Possible P-Jam opponent…

1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Link: #36 Notre Dame

1. UAB Blazers
  1. Villanova Wildcats

2. California Bears

1. Gonzaga Bulldogs

[QUOTE=run49er;257072]35. UAB Blazers[/QUOTE]

OVER-RATED!

Watch & see. C-USA Teams better watch out for UCF.