Lyerly to the Yanks.

I wish our guys would get on teams where I could actually pull for them. :weep:

Congrats Rob!

Maine to the Mets.

Lyerly to the Yanks.

QFT

And Mills to the Red Sox.

I hate all those teams, but will always pull for a Niner.

Congrats. Great acheivement for Rob and our program.

Maine to the Mets.

Lyerly to the Yanks.

I like the Mets. Don’t like the Yanks, but I will pull for them now!------ALWAYS pull for a Niner, no matter who he plays for!

[QUOTE=919R;412941]I like the Mets. Don’t like the Yanks, but I will pull for them now!------ALWAYS pull for a Niner, no matter who he plays for![/QUOTE]

Well, yeah, but when they are pitching against my Braves it’s a different story.

Great player for a great organization:biggrin:

interesting note:
Lyerly was the first infielder drafted by the Yanks. If front of him they took a CF, C, RHP, RHP. That says alot if you ask me.

[URL]http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/draft/y2009/draftcaster.jsp[/URL]

one other footnote, if he makes it he is not the first 49er to wear pinstripes. Jeff Johnson was a LHP for the Yanks in the early 90s. And Bo Robinson’s (49er AA) former brother in law.

This is awesome for Rob.

Only wish he could have gone to the White Sox so he could have played AAA around here.

Metro…
Can you give “rough estimates” by round what some of the guys being drafted could/should command? Just curious…

interesting note: Lyerly was the first infielder drafted by the Yanks. If front of him they took a CF, C, RHP, RHP. That says alot if you ask me.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/draft/y2009/draftcaster.jsp

one other footnote, if he makes it he is not the first 49er to wear pinstripes. Jeff Johnson was a LHP for the Yanks in the early 90s. And Bo Robinson’s (49er AA) former brother in law.

I remember Jeff Johnson, I think I even went to one of his starts.

Rob Lyerly…the heir apparent of A-Rod…

[QUOTE=jdm49er;412957]Metro…
Can you give “rough estimates” by round what some of the guys being drafted could/should command? Just curious…[/QUOTE]

He mentioned 6th round was somewhere in the $100,000 - $150,000 range. I’m sure Metro can fill you in on the other rounds.

Congrats Rob.

But I do pray that he is traded before he makes the bigs.

Well, yeah, but when they are pitching against my Braves it's a different story.

amen to that one…its been pretty bleak the last few years…this year wasn’t looking too great until the Nate McClouth deal. Now if we could stay above .500.

I follow our Niner pitchers, but I never pull for them against my Braves…I just hope for a one hit, complete game and Braves win by 1…haha. Its like the guys who throw away their allegience to their teams for fantasy sports…can’t do that either.

Likely going to sign. Will have more in-depth story a little later this afternoon.

[QUOTE=brentrob55;412971]amen to that one…its been pretty bleak the last few years…this year wasn’t looking too great until the Nate McClouth deal. Now if we could stay above .500.

I follow our Niner pitchers, but I never pull for them against my Braves…I just hope for a one hit, complete game and Braves win by 1…haha. Its like the guys who throw away their allegience to their teams for fantasy sports…can’t do that either.[/QUOTE]

So I’m sure you can imagine my mixed feelings about this development. I wish the best for Rob but I can never crack a smile for a Yanks win. I hope he gets traded.

Likely going to sign. .

thank you Captain Obvious

(though he needs to hold out a little while)

Metro... Can you give "rough estimates" by round what some of the guys being drafted could/should command? Just curious....

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:hMthaoogUUkJ:stlcardinals.scout.com/2/763388.html+6th+round+signing+bounus&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

I took a good guess earlier and said 150k and thats what guys got last year in the 6th rd.

Maybe with the Yanks he gets 175k? However the recession has been pulling sports salaries down a tad

as for a round by round analysis, its hard to say. It all is about leverage. HS seniors with schollie in hand command the most. If you are a 20th rd pick and have a scholarship, they may try to lure you from college. A college senior usually gets $1000 to $15000 because he’s out of options.

All the 1st rd guys get 1m+

Awesome news!!

I hope to see him in pinstripes someday.