Rob Lyerly top 6 rounds?

Interesting from Hibbs, he says he is disappointed if Lyerly is not in the top 6 rounds. Thats strong words.

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:DFjbSG-aizwJ:enquirerjournal.southernheadlines.com/index.cfm%3Fsection%3D63%26story%3D18774+rob+lyerly+draft&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

Interesting from Hibbs, he says he is disappointed if Lyerly is not in the top 6 rounds. Thats strong words.

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:DFjbSG-aizwJ:enquirerjournal.southernheadlines.com/index.cfm%3Fsection%3D63%26story%3D18774+rob+lyerly+draft&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

This was in the Monroe paper Sunday. Pretty good story! I still wish he would come back, but based on what Coach Hibbs told me last week AND this article, I guess thats not going to happen.

why would he come back? if he gets drafted pretty high there is no reason for him to come back, i love watching rob play and all but i want him to do well and continue to play and the best way to do that would be to go in while he is playing well.

why would he come back? if he gets drafted pretty high there is no reason for him to come back, i love watching rob play and all but i want him to do well and continue to play and the best way to do that would be to go in while he is playing well.

I hate to see kids give up the memories of your senior and NCAA tourny bids because someone throws $20,000 at you in the 25th round. Not worth it.

I agree he should leave if in fact he is 6th round. As a JR, he should command $100,000+ in that round.

[QUOTE=metro;412521]I hate to see kids give up the memories of your senior and NCAA tourny bids because someone throws $20,000 at you in the 25th round. Not worth it.

I agree he should leave if in fact he is 6th round. As a JR, he should command $100,000+ in that round.[/QUOTE]

I agree, thats why i said if he gets drafted pretty high which to me would mean anything above 8th or 9th round. also i think it would be great if he got $100,000+ he deserves it.

I know a kid that passed up an offer from the Padres as a junior, I think it was 20-50k, can’t recall to have a good senior year but not make the NCAA tournament (had made it the previous 3 years) and then get drafted by the Padres again this time with no signing bonus…

What are the chances that Rivers or Yermal get drafted?

[QUOTE=49timesthelovin;412524]What are the chances that Rivers or Yermal get drafted?[/QUOTE]

Need to be a JR to get drafted

Need to be a JR to get drafted
or 21 yrs of age..

some lefty on ESPN2 last night for Clemson is a 21 yr old frosh, not sure how that happens…but he is expected to go high

but yes, Yermal and Rivers will be next year. I dont’ see Yermal going high next year, he doesn’t strike anyone out. Rivers should go as a hitter.

[QUOTE=metro;412532]or 21 yrs of age…

some lefty on ESPN2 last night for Clemson is a 21 yr old frosh, not sure how that happens…but he is expected to go high

but yes, Yermal and Rivers will be next year. I dont’ see Yermal going high next year, he doesn’t strike anyone out. Rivers should go as a hitter.[/QUOTE]

21 year old Frosh??? Is his name Ed Cota

[QUOTE=s9er;412542]21 year old Frosh??? Is his name Ed Cota[/QUOTE]

nope…chris braswell. suiting up for the charlotte 49ers basketball team this fall!

his birthday is one day after mine, November 2, 1988.

:tongue:

[QUOTE=jfickett;412543]nope…chris braswell. suiting up for the charlotte 49ers basketball team this fall!

his birthday is one day after mine, November 2, 1988.

:tongue:[/QUOTE]

Are you a freshman? If you are I’m starting to think I did this college thing all wrong.

edit… I just cried a little realizing I was a sophmore in HS when you were born.

I hate to see kids give up the memories of your senior and NCAA tourny bids because someone throws $20,000 at you in the 25th round. Not worth it.

I agree he should leave if in fact he is 6th round. As a JR, he should command $100,000+ in that round.

I agree… but my preference is to see him go in the FIRST Round after his SENIOR year.

:shades:

I agree................ but my preference is to see him go in the [B]FIRST Round after his SENIOR year[/B].

:shades:

JD Drew did that. Drafted 1st rd 1997 and told the Phils to stick it. Then played indy ball for a year, got drafted in 1st rd again in 98 and signed with St Louis. :lmao:

JD Drew did that. Drafted 1st rd 1997 and told the Phils to stick it. Then played indy ball for a year, got drafted in 1st rd again in 98 and signed with St Louis. :lmao:

**** JD Drew, the batteries should have hit him.

[QUOTE=s9er;412551]Are you a freshman? If you are I’m starting to think I did this college thing all wrong.

edit… I just cried a little realizing I was a sophmore in HS when you were born.[/QUOTE]

no, i’m a rising junior like i should be. i find it odd that braswell and i will both be 21 next year but his grad year is '13 and mine is '11

no, i'm a rising junior like i should be. i find it odd that braswell and i will both be 21 next year but his grad year is '13 and mine is '11

Some kids start kindergarten late. Usually, because they have behavioral issues or for other reasons. There is also the possibility that he was held back a grade at some point. Obviously, that plus his 5th year of prep school and you have yourself a 21-year-old frosh.

LOL, I was 21 my entire senior year

that is insane

LOL, I was 21 my entire senior year

that is insane

Yeah, me too… Well, my first senior year anyways.

[QUOTE=metro;412645]LOL, I was 21 my entire senior year

that is insane[/QUOTE]

I graduated when I was 20. Turned 21 two months after I graduated.