Ron Sanchez Positive Thoughts Thread

Wow.

I really like it when the state legislature steps in and says ā€œyou have to play x in stateā€.

Would love to see that happen in NC to force home and homes for all D1 schools in all sports. Period.

Would certainly cut down on travel costs.

2 Likes

Not sure what I think about state legislatures forcing state institutions to play one another. I understand it with UK and UofL but donā€™t know that I want the folks in Raleigh saying we HAVE to go to Asheville, Boone, Cullowhee, Durham, Greensboro (twice with A&T and UNCG), and Wilmington. Hmmā€¦ :thinking:

Yeah, but Iā€™d rather do that than go to Detroit

1 Like

Yes, staying in state mostly better for NET metrics:

114 UNCG
116 Charlotte
140 UNCA
144 UNCW
185 NC Central
197 App State
229 WCU
318 NC A&T

212 Detroit Mercy

But WCU was in the CBI tournament! Surely 229 is a mistake

As you already know, the CBI is a pay to play. So NET metrics and record are basically irrelevant as concerns getting in. Thatā€™s how McCasland got his winning season in year one in Denton.

I was just thinking about Sanchez being all about championship basketball.

1 Like

:poop:

I guess we can cross this one off the positives list. :cry:

1 Like

attack alex GIF by The Bachelor Australia

Brice is the best player on the team imho. But yeah

1 Like

I meant home and home over two seasons. And if every state D1 school was forced to participate it would be awesome.

The schools are state supported so why not force the better teams to play everyone?

Itā€™s good for fans, for revenue and cost control.

Itā€™s ridiculous that some state schools avoid each other.

Why didnā€™t you include NC State, Cheat and ECU?

My plan means every state school in D1.

No exceptions.

Wouldnā€™t a home game every year if either State or Cheat do wonders for fan engagement?

Latest positive thought on Sanchez.

He has not had BOTH of his best players enter the portal yet.

Staying positive ā€¦Itā€™s not as bad as when Price got cannedā€¦so we have THAT going for us. Thank you Mike Hill and Ron Sanchez for getting us to a point that is not as bad as when Price got canned. You are so proud

Didnā€™t include ECU because weā€™ll soon be in the same conference, so wonā€™t need to be coerced to play one another.

Left NC State and UNC-CH out because one can typically assume decent NET metrics on a yearly basis.

Gotcha.

clt says it will be easy to get lower level seats next year! thx Ron!

It should be even easier to get out of the parking lot next year.

I got nothing

The lines at the concession stands will be shorter.