Roster needs for 2019

Yeah, I noticed it. I clearly called out that Healy stated he can work with a non-dual threat QB in my roster needs piece. Kean provides a guy that has battled against some pretty good QB’s at USF and brings instant competition to the QB room here at Charlotte.

Healy stated in his opening press conference that he wants to run a RPO offense and prefers a dual-threat QB. I think we can all look at the roster and agree that type of QB isn’t a part of our roster as of today. Healy did mention that he can scheme the offense to a different style of QB, but clearly the type they want just isn’t here as of now.

I don’t know the kid from Adam…but his bio on his USF page when summarizing his highschool career:

ST. EDWARD HIGH SCHOOL: A three-star recruit…a dual-threat quarterback,

Not sure if that is a mistake or if he transitioned to more of a pro style once he got to USF…but he was mentioned as a dual threat from his HS days (at least in his USF bio) FWIW.

EDIT****
I watched his HUDL HS highlight reel. 11min long…4 RPO runs and a designed naked bootleg. So…it’s in his arsenal but he didn’t use it a ton (or maybe the majority were just not highlight reel worthy). In his highlights…they loved to roll him out alot and bootleg him out a lot. He throws well on the run and they used it in his highschool playbook.

The most impressive thing is that in 11min of highlights with a play run every 10secs or so…he didn’t have not 1 interception. Not one!!! Talk about accuracy!!! He was a perfect 100% completion in about 60-65 throws…impressive!!!

1 Like

No shots fired here, I was under the understanding that as huge fans of the 49’ers, we were all passionate and had our own opinions. My opinions come from a quarter of a century developing and executing championship level offenses. I am merely drawing from what I know having experienced the intricacies of how things run.

Obviously by coming to charlotte , he feels like he can start , it will be interesting to see what transpires I know that Reynolds loves the challenge and will embrace it. And that is what makes your team better , you want kids that have fight in them.

This may be the best point in this discussion. When we recruited him our coaches had to make him believe that he was coming in as the top QB, or at least it was his to lose. Otherwise he would be somewhere else.

1 Like

Anyone knows especially a backup junior that you have to win the job. It’s not a show up and start type of deal. I’m excited for the battle. This type of thing will only be good for our program!

clt says Riley Ferguson?