Same as it ever was..same as it ever was...

[QUOTE=thelew1014;356370]
As much as it sucks, Obama wasn’t here to have a school spirit rally. This wasn’t a UCharlotte event, it was an Obama event. It just so happens that a ECU grad/student/whatever she was was selected to sit on the stage.[/QUOTE]

The more stuff like this gets blown off, the more it will continue to happen. Especially if University officials are laughing at it. Where’s the school pride??

This kind of attitude infuriates me.

Barack Obama was not here for us. He was here because we are a big university in a key city of North Carolina. Heaven for bit a ecu alum/student/fan from coming to watch a presidential candidate on our campus. That is just ludicris! I just don't understand why you would think that this speech is exclusive to just our fans.. yall our some possessive cats.. hope you don't treat your ladies like that..

Sure, it’s to be expected for other alums to come support Obama, but a University official laughing at those showing concern is not to be expected.

And why does this not bother you?

Obama got the name of our school right so he knows more than our school officials do.

Several people have said it and it’s as like it hasn’t even been said. It doesn’t matter. She wasn’t from Charlotte or our school and it’s a campaign rally, not an athletic event. We should be glad someone from Greenville that probably has never been on our campus saw it today, along with thousands others.

That one hoody has no negative effect on anything…you guys are missing the huge point that so many people that have never stepped foot on our campus were there for the first time and for good reason. For what this was, we should be absolutely proud at the lack of other school apparel that was there. Cause there simply wasn’t that much.

It’s one sweatshirt. Making a big deal out of people wearing them on our campus (our students walking to class) and at our athletic events is one thing. This is too far. Let it go. This was a great day and time for us and we’re looking at the wrong aspects of it.

[QUOTE=ninerball49;356473]Several people have said it and it’s as like it hasn’t even been said. It doesn’t matter. She wasn’t from Charlotte or our school and it’s a campaign rally, not an athletic event. We should be glad someone from Greenville that probably has never been on our campus saw it today, along with thousands others.

That one hoody has no negative effect on anything…you guys are missing the huge point that so many people that have never stepped foot on our campus were there for the first time and for good reason. For what this was, we should be absolutely proud at the lack of other school apparel that was there. Cause there simply wasn’t that much.

It’s one sweatshirt. Making a big deal out of people wearing them on our campus (our students walking to class) and at our athletic events is one thing. This is too far. Let it go. This was a great day and time for us and we’re looking at the wrong aspects of it.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, at least Obama came to campus, he could have very well did it at another venue, but the Obama campaign chose our university.

One thing I have to commend Obama on, his campaign workers have hit this area hard and they’ve been relentless. I haven’t saw the same fire from the McCain campaign in NC. Of course, that doesn’t mean I’m going to vote for him, but they’ve done a great job on campus and in around the Charlotte area.

[QUOTE=GSpotNiner;356413]Barack Obama was not here for us. He was here because we are a big university in a key city of North Carolina. Heaven for bit a ecu alum/student/fan from coming to watch a presidential candidate on our campus. That is just ludicris! I just don’t understand why you would think that this speech is exclusive to just our fans… yall our some possessive cats… hope you don’t treat your ladies like that…[/QUOTE]
No prpoblem with someone with an ECU affiliation attending the event. Do you think that someone wearing a red NCSU hoodie would have been put on the platform behind him had this event been held in Chapel Hill or vice versa?

Agreed, at least Obama came to campus, he could have very well [B]did[/B] it at another venue, but the Obama campaign chose our university.

One thing I have to commend Obama on, his campaign workers have hit this area hard and they’ve been relentless. I haven’t saw the same fire from the McCain campaign in NC. Of course, that doesn’t mean I’m going to vote for him, but they’ve done a great job on campus and in around the Charlotte area.

Your English teacher must be proud.

How many people were at the event?

Several people have said it and it's as like it hasn't even been said. It doesn't matter. She wasn't from Charlotte or our school and it's a campaign rally, not an athletic event. We should be glad someone from Greenville that probably has never been on our campus saw it today, along with thousands others.

It’s one sweatshirt. Making a big deal out of people wearing them on our campus (our students walking to class) and at our athletic events is one thing. This is too far. Let it go. This was a great day and time for us and we’re looking at the wrong aspects of it.

what a pig vomit post :unhappy:

No prpoblem with someone with an ECU affiliation attending the event. [B]Do you think that someone wearing a red NCSU hoodie would have been put on the platform behind him had this event been held in Chapel Hill or vice versa?[/B]

agree 100%

its who got placed where

I doubt BO wanted it to be about the school. It was all about him, and if he can make it appear to be a diverse crowd that traveled from all over to attend, it’s better for him. You know that in his town meeting events they often moved some Blacks from behind the platform, and replaced them with Whites, so the news photos would show that he had support from more than just the Black community. It’s all about the image they project.

in the right thread…
for our school, this was a school event. they should have requested politely that some unc Charlotte gear be back there, and that the ecu girl move out of the camera view.

in the right thread....

My response wasn’t a political statement. It was an explanation of the reasons an ECU sweatshirt would be prominently placed for the cameras.

sorry. i meant that i accidentally posted that in the wrong thread before. it wasn’t meant as an insult to anyone, except maybe to myself.

[QUOTE=ninerball49;356473]Several people have said it and it’s as like it hasn’t even been said. It doesn’t matter. She wasn’t from Charlotte or our school and it’s a campaign rally, not an athletic event. We should be glad someone from Greenville that probably has never been on our campus saw it today, along with thousands others.

It’s one sweatshirt. Making a big deal out of people wearing them on our campus (our students walking to class) and at our athletic events is one thing. This is too far. Let it go. This was a great day and time for us and we’re looking at the wrong aspects of it.[/QUOTE]

No doubt this was great exposure for our school. It sounds like ECU got some great exposure as well. It would have been nice to Niner gear instead of ECU stuff, but that’s not the gripe here.

When someone says that university officials were laughing at this, it makes it hard to just ‘let it go.’ The longer we continue to ‘let it go’, the longer crap like this will continue.

regardless of whether or not it was a university event, an obama event, a college democrats event, whatever…

this was an opportunity for us to showcase our university.

dont you think the chapel hill homers that were watching last night saw that ECU hoodie and it reinforced what the perceptions they have of us? (no school spirit, bunch of rejects, etc)

if you were watching and didnt know that was an ECU student/alum…wouldnt you think that was a student with a UNC Charlotte affiliation?

it shouldnt have been there. period. i dont care who put her there. get her a niners shirt to wear over that thing or remove her. this is our university.

Do I like the fact that there was an ECU hoodie there? No.

It’s better than a Tar Heel hoodie. Not much better, but it’s still better.

HOWEVER…

This is bigger than our school. She wasn’t “placed” there. The people who were placed behind the podium in those stands were selected days ago. They wore what they wore. I don’t agree with the hoodie, I think that if she is going to be selected t sit behind Obama, that she should have been wearing an official camaign shirt/hoodie/etc. The same if it were a McCain rally: a McCain shirt.

The idea that there should be any fault for this, however, is laughable. That is like UCharlotte hosting a major convention for college students, and being pissed about students from visiting colleges wearing their school’s gear here.

On another note, walking back from the rally, I heard a guy behind me talking to a girl he was with about the hoodie. I heard his tone about it, and gave him a high five (yes, a totally lame high five. Don’t really know why) Anybody from the board?

[QUOTE=jfickett;356592]it shouldnt have been there. period. i dont care who put her there. get her a niners shirt to wear over that thing or remove her. this is our university.[/QUOTE]
And it was Obama’s event. We’re all being a little bit rediculous about this.

Oh hell, let’s just forget the Blackout vs Clemson. Everyone wear your favorite ACC team’s clothing to the game. I’m sure JFelt has some Va Tech clothing that doesn’t get worn enough, I’ve got some Wake Forest shirts that only get worn in the fall.

Maybe the the administration will get the hint.

Who were the University officials??

Nobody ever responded…who were they? Call 'em out!

Someone should have told the girl she had to take her shirt off.