SC Upstate 11/30 4:00 Tip

You beat me to that reply. ECU and Clay Aiken night. Halton was sold out. We beat the crap out of ECU, of course and Delhomme to Steve Smith td pass in OT (x clown play), in the playoffs.

1 Like

What I remember vividly is Clay Aiken coming out just as the word went through the crowd about Steve Smith’s catch. A wild cheer ensued and I’m sure Aiken assumed it was just for him. It wasn’t, though he was pretty popular at that point in time.

Per Kelly Weatherman, the ODU game will be on the food court TVs, but not the arena screens.

1 Like

THIS IS AWESOME!!! Thanks for the info.

Hopefully, we blow ODU out so badly in the first half that I can relax and watch us blow Upstate out without thinking about the second half of football.

1 Like

For those at game today be sure to cheer on the WHITE Jersey team at halftime. #2 is my son but 4 players have parents that are alums. Though I know the grey team also has at least one as well so cheer on al these 10/11 year olds

2 Likes

Good show by #2!

Nice win. I believe Younger should be getting the minutes that Bertrum is getting for now. Had a big man sighting. He is slow and raw, but he is big. Needs to work on a lot.

Great W vs a team we should blow out.

totally agree. bertram has the stroke but you can see his confidence is lacking. younger doesnt look bad when he’s out there, is long, can handle and defend. i wonder why he isn’t playing more. the kiwi is raw but he is physical and works hard for position on offense. he has some upside. why can’t we shoot like this every game? we’ve had wide open threes this season and they havent been falling. hopefully this helps us build some confidence in our shooting.

I’d be surprised if younger doesn’t transfer. He got garbage minutes in a blowout.

Vasic (0-2) and Bertram (0-3) from 3, damn. One would think eventually they fall? But maybe not…

Only 11 turnovers which is good. For anyone that wasn’t there, SC upstate is a bad team. Not like the team that beat us a few years ago.

i honestly don’t think there is a team out there that we can say we should blow out. There are teams we have a better chance at beating, but I don’t think there is a guaranteed win or loss on the schedule.

I saw USCU as a guaranteed W/blowout. They shouldn’t be in our stratosphere, I do understand your point though and agree to a certain extent. Excited to see how this team continues to improve and build confidence.

SC upstate should be guaranteed win or Sanchez needs to be on hot seat. They looked terrible. I wouldn’t be surprised if bottom 5 team in NCAA D1 at years end.

Cupcake, confidence builder, W for Sanchez paycheck, whatever. All teams have these. I don’t take much from this game besides vasic and Bertram still can’t hit a 3!

younger needs more minutes. fwiw, the team that beat us under price was also a bad team and we beat usc-upstate worse than anybody else this season, inlcuding louisville and va. tech, fwiw.

Whose minutes does Younger take?

bertam and some of vasic’s.

I look at this as a game that we really showed up for. We shot the ball well and they did not. You look at who they have played and we did better than most if not all against them. If we played like we did against App St. we may have won, but the scoring margin would have been close and we wouldn’t have seen the bench minutes. Bamba was held scoreless in this game and Supica decided to show up. Young is finding his way, but notice his rebounding activity for the games he has played so far. He is finding his way to the ball. 2 rebounds shy of the double double for him tonight.

The defensive effort was real good tonight. They had some let downs. One was when Shepherd was late getting back because he was watching after he missed a shot. He is a little bit careless in my opinion. Martin dumped in 16 points in 16 minutes. He is coming on now that he is getting his legs underneath him. If he stays healthy he will be a factor in conference play. Vasic is simply playing out of position. He looks like he is a little clumsy/rusty after sitting for a year. Williams is having a typical FR season so far. He needs some confidence with his drive and he needs more work on his defense.