SC Upstate 11/30 4:00 Tip

Bertram and Vasic were not getting many minutes in normal games. Bertram should not see any minutes unless a cupcake win or trying to shoot over a zone and we let Bertram chuck up a couple to see if he can hit.

What minutes should Younger get in the 8 man rotation?

He should get some of Shepherd’s and Young’s. I think we should be a 9 or even 10 player rotation. Younger needs about 6 to 8 minutes per game and Shep and Young need 4 or 5 minutes less.

I would certainly like more than an 8 man rotation if some guys can earn it. More guys in the rotation allows the defense to continue to be aggressive and smothering without losing steam. If Younger can continue to earn it…he can take a few minutes from several players and it would be good for the overall team.

If he can earn them.

Do we “need” Youngers schollie for future recruits?

It depends. Younger is puzzling to me. He doesn’t play bad when he has played this season. He is long and athletic. He has plenty of time for developing more, so it depends on him if he is just filling a schollie spot or can be a helper for this team.

Can we get some love for Big Anzac?

Last year Younger avg almost 24 minutes and this season is playing garbage time and playing behind 2 freshman. Anyways, I’m just saying I wouldn’t be surprised if he transfers mid year. I think he is the most likely transfer on the team.

If he stays I think he can give some solid off the bench minutes his junior and senior year. Big body in side that doesn’t get moved around easily. If he some how is good enough to start, the staff did their job coaching him up.

Was stoked he scored…but he is certainly a project

Next year somebody is going to get Drew Edwards 28 minutes. If Younger wants them then show us what you’ve got.

I disagree…I think you’re selling our team short, especially in home games.

This was great fun to watch. Too many times over the last decade we have been on the wrong side of blowouts. We had 10 steals!, and many of them turned into breakaway baskets.

3 wins in Halton, 3 losses on the road. I sure hope we break the road curse at ECU. I like our chances of winning 3 of our next 4 in Halton, and Valpo could go either way. If our shooting stays decent we could enter conference play with an 8-3 record.

Small crowd in the arena–expected–but the hospitality suite upstairs had a good crowd. Dinner up there was turkey and ham. Come on people, everybody knows that you need to do something else because we are all sick of turkey at this point.

Picasso’s rolls > pregame food

You ain’t lying

1 Like

This was the first of the two guaranteed blowouts on OOC sked for reasons I have already mentioned. Next is UMES on December 19th.

Anyway, nice to have a game in which Coach can clear the bench. I believe everyone except Bennett got on the floor.

And speaking of Coach, love the “evil eye” Sanchez gave the refs after Williams got mugged and left sprawling on the court while the zebras swallowed their whistles until after Upstate scored!

We have won 8 home games over the past two seasons. Granted we are 3-0 this season at home but those are still not numbers that we can say, “hmm…we should blowout this team since we play at home today.” I am just not sold that we are good enough to do that yet against a D1 opponent.

I am…this is literally a different team than last year. 9 new scholarship players out of 13. Previous season stats mean nothing.

not to be negative but we need to change the music for the pregame hype video. it doesnt hype people up.

Mix some “uppers” in with the pregame food upstairs to hype up the old folks.

DJ played this at odu coming out of halftime for the fans. Everyone was dancing to it.