Schedule question

I own Panther psl and no intention of giving them up. I also am about to purchase 4 fsl for Charlotte. Is there ANY effort being made to have our home games NOT conflict with the Panthers? Im guessing not, we schedule basketball games at very conflicting and inconvenient times it seems yr after yr

Not sure we’ll have Sunday games and not sure panthers will play on Saturday besides pre season. U should be fine IMO. But with college schedules made way in advance, not sure it’s easy to exactly plan.

If u had to, which would you choose? Lol

The only potential conflicts would be for a Thursday night game if both happened to have a home game on the same Thursday or if our bowl game happened to be on the same day as a Panthers game. Both of those chances are really slim. The Saturday NFL games are always after the college regular season, so you don’t have to worry about those. Also, the Sunday scheduling of college games seems to have subsided now.

Should of been clearer, of course there is a sat/sun difference, but its hard to do football twice in one wk end. If I had to choose? I suppose its circumstantial. If it turns out Chowan and Cambell are taking us to the woodshed every week, and the Panthers mysteriously are playoff contenders, then its a easy decision. But if the Panthers have more repeated bad years and we are in CUSA looking like a real team vs bcs teams then obviously the Niner game. The most likely scenario is the Panthers continue to be bad and the Niner football team is mediocre for years, in that case its a tossup lol.

There will be weekends each season where we will both have home games the same weekend. The NFL schedule always comes out a couple of weeks before the draft in April. Most college schedules come out about the same time. I doubt that we will be scheduling arouond the Panthers games when making out our schedule each season. There are several fans such as yourself that have tickets to both, but our conference schedule will be mostly dictated by TV once we move up to D1 and our non-conference games will be scheduled around those games. Even college teams that share a stadium with an NFL team sometimes both have home games on the same weekend, so it’s difficult to avoid even when preferred.

I never thought I would say this, but I am debating on giving up my Panthers PSLs, or at least just selling the season tickets. It’s not just the performance on the field, but they are making staying at home and watching on TV much more appealing. Long story short, it seems to me that they are starting to strongly discourage tailgating. For example, our lot has imposed a new rule that you have to be within 3 feet of the back of your vehicle. If it keeps going in that direction, I will save my money and watch at home.

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:6, topic:27140”]I never thought I would say this, but I am debating on giving up my Panthers PSLs, or at least just selling the season tickets. It’s not just the performance on the field, but they are making staying at home and watching on TV much more appealing. Long story short, it seems to me that they are starting to strongly discourage tailgating. For example, our lot has imposed a new rule that you have to be within 3 feet of the back of your vehicle. If it keeps going in that direction, I will save my money and watch at home.[/quote]Tailgating will eventually disappear from uptown as those lots are developed.

There are 3-4 more that will disappear in 3rd ward within the next year with the new 22 floor apartment tower going in next to the Knights stadium, Gateway Station, and a handful of other smaller projects in that area.

Fans will have to move more towards having their pre-game parties at bars.

They have tailgate police that actually enforce that rule?

They have tailgate police that actually enforce that rule?[/quote]

Not only tailgate police, but Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police. We ended up buying an extra spot and setting everything up in that.

Well char meck popo covers uncc too, so rule could apply also. The tailgating on campus will give campus popo and traffic cops an orgy/foaming at mouth citation opportunities. Bet on it. Friendly and accomodating is doubtful.

The 3 foot rule uptown is from clowns making it impossible to enter a parking lot.

[quote=“Hellsbells, post:10, topic:27140”]Well char meck popo covers uncc too, so rule could apply also. The tailgating on campus will give campus popo and traffic cops an orgy/foaming at mouth citation opportunities. Bet on it. Friendly and accomodating is doubtful.

The 3 foot rule uptown is from clowns making it impossible to enter a parking lot.[/quote]

Interesting enough every tailgate that we have thrown on our own before games has come off great. Every official tailgate connected to the school has had an AD baby sitting us and cops stopping by. Outside of the Homecoming crap last year no one has given us any trouble - but the AD seems very concerned about tailgating given their reaction to us even though nothing has gotten out of hand.

I think the lots across 29 will want to capitalize on tailgating. Would rather be over there and not concerned with big brother. Probably a better exit strategy too.

Agree 100%. If I’m able to park & tailgate over there, I will.

Agree 100%. If I’m able to park & tailgate over there, I will.[/quote]

Really curious what their plans will be over there and how the merchants handle things. I might be up for that as well given the restrictions that the school and AD have put in place.

I own both and have every intention of being at every home game for both the 49ers and Panthers. More than likely the Panthers game will cause me to sober up from the day before.

Really curious what their plans will be over there and how the merchants handle things. I might be up for that as well given the restrictions that the school and AD have put in place.[/quote]
Just be careful, they have a history of booting students’ cars if they park there and walk to campus.

Really curious what their plans will be over there and how the merchants handle things. I might be up for that as well given the restrictions that the school and AD have put in place.[/quote]

Now that Starbucks and Chipotle are over in that corner right next to the road, don’t be surprised if there will be a zero tolerance policy in this shopping center.

Now that Starbucks and Chipotle are over in that corner right next to the road, don’t be surprised if there will be a zero tolerance policy in this shopping center.[/quote]

I think the question is really how much does a game on campus shut down their foot traffic. If they do little to no business outside of game traffic then they might decide to take advantage of the situation and allowing some parking/tailgating for a fee. If the game traffic really doesn’t impact their customer business then I can see them not letting anything happen over there.

I do know that they reached out to the AD and said they had “concerns”. Judy’s response was “not our problem”.

Now that Starbucks and Chipotle are over in that corner right next to the road, don’t be surprised if there will be a zero tolerance policy in this shopping center.[/quote]

I think the question is really how much does a game on campus shut down their foot traffic. If they do little to no business outside of game traffic then they might decide to take advantage of the situation and allowing some parking/tailgating for a fee. If the game traffic really doesn’t impact their customer business then I can see them not letting anything happen over there.

I do know that they reached out to the AD and said they had “concerns”. Judy’s response was “not our problem”.[/quote]

Very proactive.

I do know that they reached out to the AD and said they had “concerns”. Judy’s response was “not our problem”.[/quote]

Very proactive.[/quote]

Assuming this is actually how Judy put it, pretty sure with that we can guarantee a hostile parking environment.