Schedule released

Kile wasn’t far off… I guess it was released on August 32nd. :lol:

Charlotte49ers.com

Did Conference USA let us off the hook?

Mark it down…this will be an undefeated season.

[b]Halton Arena - In their first season in the Atlantic 10 Conference, the Charlotte 49ers have been chosen for a record six nationally-televised contests, including four in A-10 action, it was announced today as the 49ers and Atlantic 10 Conference released the 2005-06 men's basketball schedule. [/b]

Nice!!! :thumbsup: Lots of TV to get the students excited, too.

I’m not surprised we have 6 nationally televised games, but I am surprised that the game at Fordham is one of them.

How did games v Temple and Xavier not get televised?

[i]Originally posted by HappyCamper49[/i]@Sep 2 2005, 12:36 AM [b] How did games v Temple and Xavier not get televised? [/b]
What he said.
[i]Originally posted by MeinShaft[/i]@Sep 1 2005, 09:45 PM [b] Did Conference USA let us off the hook? [/b]
That was Memphis crying. It pertains only to Cincinnati and Louisville. Charlotte was always the ugly stepsister of Conference USA.
[i]Originally posted by Over40NINER[/i]@Sep 2 2005, 12:50 AM [b] ...but I am surprised that the game at Fordham is one of them. [/b]
yeah really, that one surprised me. i think it's safe to say the country wont be tuning in for too long for that one
[i]Originally posted by UNCCTF+Sep 2 2005, 01:43 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (UNCCTF @ Sep 2 2005, 01:43 AM)

I think it’s safe to assume that C-USA didn’t need us or SLU to play their teams, because by us leaving they now have a football championship game and millions of extra dollars.

I’m sure that was probably a fair trade to them.

I think the 6 national TV games (and possibly some more on that A-10 network?) are a very cool story, but the timing is bad with the Katrina fallout. :frowning:

As the season appraoches, I hope we bump this thread. Very cool news.

I don’t care about an undefeated season. I care about an undefeated POST-season.
Woo-Hoo! Niners '06 Nat’l Champs! Fear the Mean Green of the hillbilly with the pick axe digging up Gold! Norm the Niner!

The Niners have, for the most part, pretty good balance in this schedule. Plenty of stretch but not to much. Pretty good.

GO NINERS!!!

Little writeup in the Observer about this today. A nice picture of Lutz in full out Army desert gear to go along with it.

[b] Nov 23 MISSISSIPPI STATE 26 at Georgia State 28 PORTLAND 30 DAVIDSON [/b]

As I mentioned last week…4 games in 7 days. We’ll need our bench for this stetch.

[i]Originally posted by stonecoldken[/i]@Sep 2 2005, 03:15 PM [b] I don't care about an undefeated season. I care about an undefeated POST-season. Woo-Hoo! Niners '06 Nat'l Champs! Fear the Mean Green of the hillbilly with the pick axe digging up Gold! Norm the Niner! [/b]
At least we are not blue goats.

Something stupid and insignificant. If you look closely at the schedule, the Wake Forest game has an asterisk beside it to denote an Atlantic-10 matchup.

[i]Originally posted by LeftyNiner[/i]@Sep 2 2005, 04:02 PM [b]
[b] Nov 23 MISSISSIPPI STATE 26 at Georgia State 28 PORTLAND 30 DAVIDSON [/b]

As I mentioned last week…4 games in 7 days. We’ll need our bench for this stetch. [/b]

we have a bench this year…opposed to prior years we are incredibly deep with guys that have a lot of experience…i expect a good season out of this group

After the Miss St game, we should be able to beat the other three with an intramural all-star team. Maybe not so with Davidson, but Ga St and Portland? Come on.