Scrimmage vs. Wake Forest

In all seriousness…I would be surprised if our starters played that much. I would expect for the scrimmage to be a learning period for all of your younger guys since we have so many. Even thought our starters are very young…they actually played a fair amount last year.

The Fed Ex guy told me that 4ever niner ordered a million excuses for MAJOR FAILURE this X-MAS.[/quote] Shows how much you know. I never use Fed Ex.

Wake crowded the paint, limited us to one shot, consistently beat us off the dribble … the only niner who even moderately played well for us was T. Will. Major/Oliver made no adjustments.[/quote]

is this a serious post?

without may and bras I would expect to lose to almost anyone. why bras didn’t play more is a c
oncern.

Lets not forget that Braz hurt his foot over the summer, could have limited him due to that. No reason for him to get hurt in a scrimmage.

sokool. the teams did not play games or whatever. they played four and a poster on the wake board who was there said that they won them but not by a big margin. we played without bras and mayfield and i am guessing that this scrimmage was really just to run sets. do i like the idea of losing to someone as bad as wake forest? no but it is a closed scrimmage. every year you hear about a lesser program crushing some better team and then the season starts and it turns out that the scrimmage was not indicitative of anything.

Wake crowded the paint, limited us to one shot, consistently beat us off the dribble … the only niner who even moderately played well for us was T. Will. Major/Oliver made no adjustments.[/quote]well glad to hear that about TWill.

I fear this will be a problem all year unless we learn to shoot.

From the wake board: http://www.ogboards.com/forums/showthread.php?13560-Any-Word-About-Last-Night-s-Secret-Scrimmage-Game-w-UNCC&p=951370&viewfull=1#post951370

There is a breakdown from them on the happenings.

[quote=“Iron9er, post:24, topic:27041”]without may and bras I would expect to lose to almost anyone. why bras didn’t play more is a c
oncern.[/quote]

Sucks that good questions have to get lost to the trollingation.

Interesting that 1) Sokool appears to again be full of it… Actually that’s about all I take from this. Not sure why he’s still around, trolling must be fun to some people.

I do wonder if Braswell played much given he’s coming off the broken foot injury. Good to be careful with that, as re-injuries seem to be common when players come back quickly. I’m sure Mayfield didn’t play, so that’s 1 or 2 of our best players not participating in the scrimmage. Not that it matters, last year the Niners supposedly killed them in the scrimmage (or was it a previous year with South Carolina?) and I remember that season starting out pretty mediocre.

And this team is going to struggle mightily if Braswell and/or Mayfield aren’t ready to play a bunch of minutes. I really hope the younger guys are continuing to improve, but this season is about the older guys having all-conference types of seasons (at some level) and the other guys in supporting roles. We really need Mayfield hitting from outside and hitting his ft’s (so late last season Mayfield moreso than early season Mayfield).

Mayfield did not play.

I reported that we lost 7 of 7 sessions to WF … but the reality is that we lost 4 of 4? … OH, MY BAD lol

I reported that we lost 7 of 7 sessions to WF … but the reality is that we lost 4 of 4? … OH, MY BAD lol[/quote]

and you reported that it was by huge margins when it was not. and that you specificially point out that major and oliver did not make adjustments. there are two other assistants that help make adjustments also. it seems as if you are just trying to bash major and oliver and their players again instead of giving real insight.

Ding, Ding, Ding!

I reported that we lost 7 of 7 sessions to WF … but the reality is that we lost 4 of 4? … OH, MY BAD lol[/quote]

and you reported that it was by huge margins when it was not. and that you specificially point out that major and oliver did not make adjustments. there are two other assistants that help make adjustments also. it seems as if you are just trying to bash major and oliver and their players again instead of giving real insight.[/quote]

Better read again … nowhere did I say we lost by huge margin. Major is Oliver’s puppet. Major and Oliver make poor game, recuiting,
personnel decisions over the past 3yrs that have led to us being a consistently LOSING/FAILING program. Thats not bashing thats reality. See the NNN cronies posts
about SPEARS, LUTZ, BRISCOE, JONES, ect. now thats bashing. Fair exchange is no robbery.

And to think some of you thought sokool was going to leave the board when Deuce transferred.

Regarding the scrimmage, this is nothing but a glorified practice. The REAL WINNER is the team that can make the most improvements based on the lessons learned in these scrimmages.

I would not be too worried about Braz. He played a good bit in the green and white scrimmage. I am sure they were just limiting his time to avoid another injury. Obviously Mayfield would not play. So yeah losing to WF with out our 2 best players playing full time is of no real concern for me. Also as I recall we crushed them last year and that certainly did not mean we were going to be world beaters. I take this for what it is, a nice pickup game and a good warm up for the scrimmage agains Pfiefer later. Now if we lose that one…then I am concerned.

Sokook, it shows you are making things up to troll. Why should anyone ever believe a single thing you post? You have zero credibility on anything by this point.

Did I make up our record the last 2 years? 7 wins 25 losses in the A-10. Dude at least be smart enough to believe
what you see. How credible is that? :slight_smile:

and you reported that it was by huge margins when it was not. and that you specificially point out that major and oliver did not make adjustments. there are two other assistants that help make adjustments also. it seems as if you are just trying to bash major and oliver and their players again instead of giving real insight.[/quote]

Better read again … nowhere did I say we lost by huge margin. Major is Oliver’s puppet. Major and Oliver make poor game, recuiting,
personnel decisions over the past 3yrs that have led to us being a consistently LOSING/FAILING program. Thats not bashing thats reality. See the NNN cronies posts
about SPEARS, LUTZ, BRISCOE, JONES, ect. now thats bashing. Fair exchange is no robbery.[/quote]

he’s major’s puppet? what is this based on? As far as poor recruiting. where do you get that from? o right, nickerson was not a star last season so major cannot recruit. You clearly never looked at how lutz recruited or you would not be saying that. i am pleased with major’s recruiting. the losing faliling program probably has more to do with being left a bunch of either delinquents(spears), guys who wouldnt play defense(derrio) or guys who were too small. i wont completely disagree with your assessment about play calling but that falls on the other assistants as well.