Scrimmage vs. Wake Forest

I’ll just say it’s a scrimmage that coaches tinker with, also, like Transformers, there’s more to this scrimmage that meets the eye.

I reported that we lost 7 of 7 sessions to WF … but the reality is that we lost 4 of 4? … OH, MY BAD lol[/quote]

and you reported that it was by huge margins when it was not. and that you specificially point out that major and oliver did not make adjustments. there are two other assistants that help make adjustments also. it seems as if you are just trying to bash major and oliver and their players again instead of giving real insight.[/quote]

Better read again … nowhere did I say we lost by huge margin. Major is Oliver’s puppet. Major and Oliver make poor game, recuiting,
personnel decisions over the past 3yrs that have led to us being a consistently LOSING/FAILING program. Thats not bashing thats reality. See the NNN cronies posts
about SPEARS, LUTZ, BRISCOE, JONES, ect. now thats bashing. Fair exchange is no robbery.[/quote]

he’s major’s puppet? what is this based on? As far as poor recruiting. where do you get that from? o right, nickerson was not a star last season so major cannot recruit. You clearly never looked at how lutz recruited or you would not be saying that. i am pleased with major’s recruiting. the losing faliling program probably has more to do with being left a bunch of either delinquents(spears), guys who wouldnt play defense(derrio) or guys who were too small. i wont completely disagree with your assessment about play calling but that falls on the other assistants as well.[/quote]

Bobby won the same amount of conference games in one year with as you label them (delinquents and guys that are too small)
than MAJOR SIZE KING has in two. Bobby NEVER had back to back losing seasons here. Major has had losing seasons every year he has been
a head coach and pundits say he is well on his way to a third straight losing season. Where are these talented recruits? Blind optimism is borderline ridiculous. Major
is not doing the job he is getting paid handsomely to do. Excuses are tools of incompetence which build bridges to
nowhere. SHOW ME THE MONEY !!!

I have still yet to see anyone here claim that Major is a good coach.

It is ridiculous that you expected freshmen to be major contributors. The fact that we got one freshman to play a huge roll (successfully) last year, is a win. We don’t get the kind of recruits that are ready to play immediately except on rare occasions. Never have.

I don’t give a shit how many A10 wins Lutz had. He had the same number of NCAA appearances and A10 championships in this league that Major does: 0.

I’m glad Lutz is gone, but that doesn’t mean I, or anyone else here is glad that Major is here. The reality is, we’re stuck with Major for the next two years, win or lose. It is highly unlikely we have the funds to buy out his contract.

[quote=“Niner National, post:43, topic:27041”]I have still yet to see anyone here claim that Major is a good coach.

It is ridiculous that you expected freshmen to be major contributors. The fact that we got one freshman to play a huge roll (successfully) last year, is a win. We don’t get the kind of recruits that are ready to play immediately except on rare occasions. Never have.

I don’t give a s*** how many A10 wins Lutz had. He had the same number of NCAA appearances and A10 championships in this league that Major does: 0.

I’m glad Lutz is gone, but that doesn’t mean I, or anyone else here is glad that Major is here. The reality is, we’re stuck with Major for the next two years, win or lose. It is highly unlikely we have the funds to buy out his contract.[/quote]Well said, NN. No one here has claimed Major as being the answer as our HC. Some have liked what he’s done recruiting wise to this point in time. Everyone agrees that now we need to see turnaround on the court.

[quote=“2k, post:44, topic:27041”][quote=“Niner National, post:43, topic:27041”]I have still yet to see anyone here claim that Major is a good coach.

I don’t give a s*** how many A10 wins Lutz had. He had the same number of NCAA appearances and A10 championships in this league that Major does: 0.

I’m glad Lutz is gone, but that doesn’t mean I, or anyone else here is glad that Major is here. The reality is, we’re stuck with Major for the next two years, win or lose. It is highly unlikely we have the funds to buy out his contract.[/quote]Well said, NN. No one here has claimed Major as being the answer as our HC. Some have liked what he’s done recruiting wise to this point in time. Everyone agrees that now we need to see turnaround on the court.[/quote]

This.

winning solves everything

I reported that we lost 7 of 7 sessions to WF … but the reality is that we lost 4 of 4? … OH, MY BAD lol[/quote]

and you reported that it was by huge margins when it was not. and that you specificially point out that major and oliver did not make adjustments. there are two other assistants that help make adjustments also. it seems as if you are just trying to bash major and oliver and their players again instead of giving real insight.[/quote]

Better read again … nowhere did I say we lost by huge margin. Major is Oliver’s puppet. Major and Oliver make poor game, recuiting,
personnel decisions over the past 3yrs that have led to us being a consistently LOSING/FAILING program. Thats not bashing thats reality. See the NNN cronies posts
about SPEARS, LUTZ, BRISCOE, JONES, ect. now thats bashing. Fair exchange is no robbery.[/quote]

he’s major’s puppet? what is this based on? As far as poor recruiting. where do you get that from? o right, nickerson was not a star last season so major cannot recruit. You clearly never looked at how lutz recruited or you would not be saying that. i am pleased with major’s recruiting. the losing faliling program probably has more to do with being left a bunch of either delinquents(spears), guys who wouldnt play defense(derrio) or guys who were too small. i wont completely disagree with your assessment about play calling but that falls on the other assistants as well.[/quote]

Bobby won the same amount of conference games in one year with as you label them (delinquents and guys that are too small)
than MAJOR SIZE KING has in two. Bobby NEVER had back to back losing seasons here. Major has had losing seasons every year he has been
a head coach and pundits say he is well on his way to a third straight losing season. Where are these talented recruits? Blind optimism is borderline ridiculous. Major
is not doing the job he is getting paid handsomely to do. Excuses are tools of incompetence which build bridges to
nowhere. SHOW ME THE MONEY !!![/quote]

it is his third year of trying to rebuild a program that was mediocre. we could have kept bobby and stayed mediocre. i dont know if major is the answer but bobby was not.

i will say this. our rebounding and defense should be very good to great. if not then i will as criticial of major as anybody.

[quote=“trollfool, post:42, topic:27041”]Major is not doing the job he is getting paid handsomely to do[/quote]Why the concern with how much we pay Coach Major? Until I see your name in the list of donors it should not matter to you.

Did I make up our record the last 2 years? [edit: blah blah blah same old crap…][/quote]So you’re further admitting you lied? Well, at least you’re honest about that…but it shows everyone else that you’re willing to post total falsehoods to further your agenda. Why bother with anything else you post, I wouldn’t trust you to honestly list a single stat anymore, even a team record. You’ve lost all credibility.

Stop looking for TROLLFOOL and you might find it. LOL

I don’t get this Major stuff Sokool. Do you not understand how contracts and such work? It doesn’t matter if we like or not. He has a 5 year contract. You can bitch about that if you want, but that is the fact. We do not have the funding to pull the plug on him even if we wanted to. I suspect that unless he has a 4 or 5 win season we will go into his 4th year where he will have to perform. We just don’t have the cash to be throwing around unless things get really really really bad.

I just don’t get your agenda. None of us like where we are, but it is where we are. All we can do is hope for the best. If you had your way and we fired him last year we would have had to pay him 3 years and Bobby 2 and wouldn’t have had enough money to hire anyone even close to decent.

I get it that you have an agenda - but damn son try thinking with your brain for just a split second. I haven’t exactly been Major’s #1 supporter, but he is here and we have to work with it and let it play out.

Did I make up our record the last 2 years? [edit: blah blah blah same old crap…][/quote]So you’re further admitting you lied? Well, at least you’re honest about that…but it shows everyone else that you’re willing to post total falsehoods to further your agenda. Why bother with anything else you post, I wouldn’t trust you to honestly list a single stat anymore, even a team record. You’ve lost all credibility.[/quote]

I never said that I lied in the first place. You can’t see the forrest thru the trees so QFT. This isn’t personnel. Its about
restoring the Charlotte BB to a program that is befitting of this great university. I think you better check YOUR agenda.

Did I make up our record the last 2 years? [edit: blah blah blah same old crap…][/quote]So you’re further admitting you lied? Well, at least you’re honest about that…but it shows everyone else that you’re willing to post total falsehoods to further your agenda. Why bother with anything else you post, I wouldn’t trust you to honestly list a single stat anymore, even a team record. You’ve lost all credibility.[/quote]

I never said that I lied in the first place. You can’t see the forrest thru the trees so QFT. This isn’t personnel. Its about
restoring the Charlotte BB to a program that is befitting of this great university. I think you better check YOUR agenda.[/quote]

Our issue is most defnitely personnel. Our roster has sucked since the 05-06 season and that one would’ve sucked to if you take Withers off it.

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:52, topic:27041”]I don’t get this Major stuff Sokool. Do you not understand how contracts and such work? It doesn’t matter if we like or not. He has a 5 year contract. You can b**** about that if you want, but that is the fact. We do not have the funding to pull the plug on him even if we wanted to. I suspect that unless he has a 4 or 5 win season we will go into his 4th year where he will have to perform. We just don’t have the cash to be throwing around unless things get really really really bad.

I just don’t get your agenda. None of us like where we are, but it is where we are. All we can do is hope for the best. If you had your way and we fired him last year we would have had to pay him 3 years and Bobby 2 and wouldn’t have had enough money to hire anyone even close to decent.

I get it that you have an agenda - but damn son try thinking with your brain for just a split second. I haven’t exactly been Major’s #1 supporter, but he is here and we have to work with it and let it play out.[/quote]

Mrs. HALTON !!!

restoring the Charlotte BB to a program that is befitting of this great university. I think you better check YOUR agenda.[/quote]

Our issue is most defnitely personnel. Our roster has sucked since the 05-06 season and that one would’ve sucked to if you take Withers off it.[/quote]I disagree. In 05-06 we had Withers, DeAngelo Alexander, Leemire Goldwire, and EJ Drayton (although he ended up redshirting due to injury after a few games).

That’s a pretty solid group of guys. All had their flaws, but overall, that is a solid group of guys. We were a good point guard away from having a really good team that year.

Our issue is most defnitely personnel. Our roster has sucked since the 05-06 season and that one would’ve sucked to if you take Withers off it.[/quote]

That last line is just not true…sorry. Lutz’ last team ended 19-12 (after a total collapse—yes) but were good enough to be what 15-3/8-1 or something close to that. Even against a fairly weak schedule that was not “sucky”. If the talent “sucked” that bad then Lutz must have done a hell of a job with them (atleast until mid-February).

[quote=“trollfool, post:55, topic:27041”][quote=“NinerWupAss, post:52, topic:27041”]I don’t get this Major stuff Sokool. Do you not understand how contracts and such work? It doesn’t matter if we like or not. He has a 5 year contract. You can b**** about that if you want, but that is the fact. We do not have the funding to pull the plug on him even if we wanted to. I suspect that unless he has a 4 or 5 win season we will go into his 4th year where he will have to perform. We just don’t have the cash to be throwing around unless things get really really really bad.

I get it that you have an agenda - but damn son try thinking with your brain for just a split second. I haven’t exactly been Major’s #1 supporter, but he is here and we have to work with it and let it play out.[/quote]

Mrs. HALTON !!![/quote]

So you want her paying for 2 years of Bobby and 3 years of Major and bank roll a new coach?

I’m guessing sokool donates as much as metro.

sokool,

I think you left another key detail out about the scrimmage. Can you recheck your notes for me please? You have the better source.