Scrimmage vs. Wake Forest

Even deep wells run dry best to stick this one out and reboot later if necessary.

[quote=“NLP, post:60, topic:27041”]sokool,

I think you left another key detail out about the scrimmage. Can you recheck your notes for me please? You have the better source.[/quote]Now now, you know sokool is fair and balanced.

So, this thread about a closed PRACTICE is still going strong. Things should really get interesting once the season starts.

i can hardly wait. with all the information and wisdom we have here, i think we should start a betting site! we could all just mop up!

So I take it no one has any legit UNBIASED reports from the scrimmage?

[quote=“Chisox17, post:65, topic:27041”]So I take it no one has any legit UNBIASED reports from the scrimmage?[/quote]wake board seemed unbiased honestly.

Yes it did, but it was all about the Wake players. I want to hear about which Niners did what.

So we dont know what Demario’s timetable for return is (or do we?).

So who starts in his place against pffffeiffffer?

EVN? Clark?

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:68, topic:27041”]So we dont know what Demario’s timetable for return is (or do we?).

EVN? Clark?[/quote]

i would guess nickerson.

[quote=“ninerfan55, post:69, topic:27041”][quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:68, topic:27041”]So we dont know what Demario’s timetable for return is (or do we?).

EVN? Clark?[/quote]

i would guess nickerson.[/quote]

I’ve heard Lamar will be Demario’s projected first game back, and if not Lamar, that tourney in Alaska.

[quote=“ImfromClayton, post:70, topic:27041”][quote=“ninerfan55, post:69, topic:27041”][quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:68, topic:27041”]So we dont know what Demario’s timetable for return is (or do we?).

EVN? Clark?[/quote]

i would guess nickerson.[/quote]

I’ve heard Lamar will be Demario’s projected first game back, and if not Lamar, that tourney in Alaska.[/quote]

Wow that’s not good, though I had a high ankle sprain a few years ago and it took me 3 months to get back to playing with a brace… so I guess that’s better than that.

I’d prefer them to be cautious with DeMario’s ankle. No reason, IMHO, to bring him back before Alaska.

hope he gets well soon. we will not be able to beat many d1 teams with May Bras or PH out IMHO.

Did I make up our record the last 2 years? [edit: blah blah blah same old crap…][/quote]So you’re further admitting you lied? Well, at least you’re honest about that…but it shows everyone else that you’re willing to post total falsehoods to further your agenda. Why bother with anything else you post, I wouldn’t trust you to honestly list a single stat anymore, even a team record. You’ve lost all credibility.[/quote]

I never said that I lied in the first place. You can’t see the forrest thru the trees so QFT. This isn’t personnel. Its about
restoring the Charlotte BB to a program that is befitting of this great university. I think you better check YOUR agenda.[/quote]

Our issue is most defnitely personnel. Our roster has sucked since the 05-06 season and that one would’ve sucked to if you take Withers off it.[/quote]

That last line is just not true…sorry. Lutz’ last team ended 19-12 (after a total collapse—yes) but were good enough to be what 15-3/8-1 or something close to that. Even against a fairly weak schedule that was not “sucky”. If the talent “sucked” that bad then Lutz must have done a hell of a job with them (atleast until mid-February).[/quote]

The only team that we beat in non-conference play that season in the Top 150 of the RPI was a Louisville team missing 2 starters and a key reserve. We got thrashed by Duke, ODU, and Tennessee, the only teams non-con that were good. The collapse came after expectations got high after beating Richmond (at Richmond), St. Louis, and of course, Temple. Even with our weak non-con schedule everyone was ready to go Dancing after those three big wins. Then we lost 7 of 8 games, including 4 home games. Did we overachieve in winning those three big conference games, or underachieve the last 4 weeks of the season? That all depends on your point of view, I guess.

Why is sokool/trollfool still here? Since his nephew transferred to Mountain St., shouldn’t he be on their board?

So why do we only have 1 scrimmage? Texas had two. Vs. Davidson & Gonzaga.

And why do we only have 1 exhibition? Last year Duke had two. We need as much practice as possible.

[quote=“stonecoldken, post:76, topic:27041”]So why do we only have 1 scrimmage? Texas had two. Vs. Davidson & Gonzaga.

And why do we only have 1 exhibition? Last year Duke had two. We need as much practice as possible.[/quote] I think that teams are allowed 2 and only 2 preseason contests. We split ours between one closed scrimmage and one open
exhibition. [insert masturbation and public nudity joke here]

[quote=“stonecoldken, post:76, topic:27041”]So why do we only have 1 scrimmage? Texas had two. Vs. Davidson & Gonzaga.

And why do we only have 1 exhibition? Last year Duke had two. We need as much practice as possible.[/quote] Duke has two so they can keep their concession stands open more, Kenny.

Did I make up our record the last 2 years? [edit: blah blah blah same old crap…][/quote]So you’re further admitting you lied? Well, at least you’re honest about that…but it shows everyone else that you’re willing to post total falsehoods to further your agenda. Why bother with anything else you post, I wouldn’t trust you to honestly list a single stat anymore, even a team record. You’ve lost all credibility.[/quote]

I never said that I lied in the first place. You can’t see the forrest thru the trees so QFT. This isn’t personnel. Its about
restoring the Charlotte BB to a program that is befitting of this great university. I think you better check YOUR agenda.[/quote]

Our issue is most defnitely personnel. Our roster has sucked since the 05-06 season and that one would’ve sucked to if you take Withers off it.[/quote]

That last line is just not true…sorry. Lutz’ last team ended 19-12 (after a total collapse—yes) but were good enough to be what 15-3/8-1 or something close to that. Even against a fairly weak schedule that was not “sucky”. If the talent “sucked” that bad then Lutz must have done a hell of a job with them (atleast until mid-February).[/quote]

The only team that we beat in non-conference play that season in the Top 150 of the RPI was a Louisville team missing 2 starters and a key reserve. We got thrashed by Duke, ODU, and Tennessee, the only teams non-con that were good. The collapse came after expectations got high after beating Richmond (at Richmond), St. Louis, and of course, Temple. Even with our weak non-con schedule everyone was ready to go Dancing after those three big wins. Then we lost 7 of 8 games, including 4 home games. Did we overachieve in winning those three big conference games, or underachieve the last 4 weeks of the season? That all depends on your point of view, I guess.[/quote]

Funny this is that is we could count to 5 and be smart enough to foul up 3 with 5 seconds left, we would have won at least 21 games…

The only team that we beat in non-conference play that season in the Top 150 of the RPI was a Louisville team missing 2 starters and a key reserve. We got thrashed by Duke, ODU, and Tennessee, the only teams non-con that were good. The collapse came after expectations got high after beating Richmond (at Richmond), St. Louis, and of course, Temple. Even with our weak non-con schedule everyone was ready to go Dancing after those three big wins. Then we lost 7 of 8 games, including 4 home games. Did we overachieve in winning those three big conference games, or underachieve the last 4 weeks of the season? That all depends on your point of view, I guess.[/quote]

Funny this is that is we could count to 5 and be smart enough to foul up 3 with 5 seconds left, we would have won at least 21 games…[/quote]

If had fouled Kevin Anderson we wouldn’t have needed to count to five because we’d have gotten the Saint Joe’s squad we beat by 37 (amidst our freefall, no less).