Sean Miller takes Arizona Job

[QUOTE=swilson47;399817]Is it official yet?[/QUOTE]

Appears so. The hometown paper is saying that it is and the players have been informed:

[URL=http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20090406/SPT0102/304060084/1055/NEWS][B][U][COLOR=Navy]Cincy Enquirer: Miller takes Arizona job[/COLOR][/U][/B][/URL]

Are we Common Market? The store everyone likes to hang out in and cheers for against the big guys?

Oh… and we have great beer!

I love the CM! GREAT little store. Over a million different types of beer (or so it seems!)

I have been critical of Lutz. But my hope is he turns us around and if he gets the chance to go to a better-paying job, I would wish him well and turn my eyes forward.

I don’t want him to leave as the program currently stands. We’re better than this and so is he.

Can’t argue with that.

Is it official yet?

This is absolutely official folks!
I just watched the Xavier news conference on ESPNews at 4:30 today. Says that he wanted to go to a place where winning a championship has already been done and has had a great tradition over the last 25 years.

[QUOTE=d-roc15;399870]This is absolutely official folks!
I just watched the Xavier news conference on ESPNews at 4:30 today. Says that he wanted to go to a place where winning a championship has already been done and has had a great tradition over the last 25 years.[/QUOTE]

Besides the championships (1 right?) Xavier has had a great tradition.

[QUOTE=d-roc15;399870]This is absolutely official folks!
I just watched the Xavier news conference on ESPNews at 4:30 today. Says that he wanted to go to a place where winning a championship has already been done and has had a great tradition over the last 25 years.[/QUOTE]

Money money money mooooney, MOOOOONEEEEEEYY

This is absolutely official folks! I just watched the Xavier news conference on ESPNews at 4:30 today. Says that he wanted to go to a place where winning a championship has already been done and has had a great tradition over the last 25 years.
I bet that pisses off some X fans. Before that one championship, wasn't AZ known more for choking in the early rounds of the tournament?
The X board is having a meltdown....

hmmmmmmmmmm… what would NNN be if Lutz took another job?

I’d do cartwheels first, see a chiropractor second.

Dollar General

Come on! At least compare us to Charlotte-based Family Dollar!

This offseason is as strong of a statement of BCS power, and power grabbing as we've seen some time in hoops. The message is loud and clear - BCS or nothing. There are very few name coaches left outside of the BCS - all it would take is Mark Few leaving Gonzaga, and maybe Majerus from SLU, though he's probably past his prime.

If you wanted a reason to get football, here it is. The gap between the haves and have nots is growing. X may be able to find another good coach, especially with their resources, but even those resources and a solid reputation couldn’t keep Miller there. X is one of the best non BCS programs out there, and was powerless to stop it. Food for thought.

we were USF 10 yrs ago

we were USF 10 yrs ago
Wait... I'm confused. Do you mean "we are USF 10 yrs ago"? Because I don't think we were USF 10 years ago. 10 years ago we had good basketball and no football. Not poor basketball and good football. Or do you mean "we were USF 10 yrs ago" but it has like... changed within the past week or something? Are.. are you writing this from the future?

[QUOTE=49or bust;399988]Wait… I’m confused. Do you mean “we are USF 10 yrs ago”? Because I don’t think we were USF 10 years ago. 10 years ago we had good basketball and no football. Not poor basketball and good football. Or do you mean “we were USF 10 yrs ago” but it has like… changed within the past week or something? Are… are you writing this from the future?[/QUOTE]
Ten years ago, USF had good basketball and no football. They got football and moved up to the Big East. We didn’t.

[QUOTE=49or bust;399988]Wait… I’m confused. Do you mean “we are USF 10 yrs ago”? Because I don’t think we were USF 10 years ago. 10 years ago we had good basketball and no football. Not poor basketball and good football. Or do you mean “we were USF 10 yrs ago” but it has like… changed within the past week or something? Are… are you writing this from the future?[/QUOTE]

Did you start watching lost mid-season?

That’s not a good idea… you need to catch up.

This is not good news for us. It would have been great if he had stayed. I hope Xavier can do what they normally do and hire another good coach.

This is not good news for us. It would have been great if he had stayed. I hope Xavier can do what they normally do and hire another good coach.

??? Not sure about that. It’s not good for the A10 as a whole. And, I do think its good to play the best possible competition. But with Miller gone it might make winning the automatic bid easier (see Memphis).

??? Not sure about that. It's not good for the A10 as a whole. And, I do think its good to play the best possible competition. But with Miller gone it might make winning the automatic bid easier (see Memphis).

easier for Temple-

easier for Temple-

Ha! I get it. We suck! I’ve never seen that type of sarcasm used on this site before.

Ha! I get it. We suck! I've never seen that type of sarcasm used on this site before.

Hahaha.

??? Not sure about that. It's not good for the A10 as a whole. And, I do think its good to play the best possible competition. But with Miller gone it might make winning the automatic bid easier (see Memphis).

Are you serious? Let’s see, Gillen, Prosser, Matta, and now Miller. 4 coaches gone to BCS programs.

Yea, I can see where you are coming from, I can see why it looks like they will struggle :rolleyes:

Are you serious? Let's see, Gillen, Prosser, Matta, and now Miller. 4 coaches gone to BCS programs.

Yea, I can see where you are coming from, I can see why it looks like they will struggle :rolleyes:

I did say “might make it easier”. :smile: The original comment I responded to said that Xavier losing Miller was not good for Charlotte. While I don’t think it’s good for Charlotte, I don’t think it’s bad either.