Search for new assistants

We have two openings. Moxley’s name has been thrown around which may be somewhat legit. Not sure on Lane Odom because of his issues at Missouri and his current job. He’s an investment guy for a firm out of Raleigh that works with pro athletes. I don’t know if he’s done with coaching or not.

I do know that there’s a lot more money available for our coaching positions than most people think. Plus, it’s an attractive job. Look where our assistants have moved onto. We can hire some good people.

I don’t know what other names are out there or being considered.

I think we should go after Phil Jackson and Pat Riley.

I think we should go after Phil Jackson and Pat Riley.

Meh…why sell ourselves short?

id love to get moxley back, as i recall, this guy can recruit. i thinks its important that we get somebody who has connections.

Meh...why sell ourselves short?

ok…dick vitale and jay bilas too

but i would shoot vitale if he were on our sidelines. whenever we make a 3. ya them duke diaper dandies are great. “DICK WE ARE CHARLOTTE”. “Who is charlotte”

i know you guys were saying that jokingly and its probably not a realistic thought but what about jay bilas. im sure he probably wants to get into coaching and i have a feeling that this guy could recruit.

i like bilas, but i bet it would be a huge pay cut.

[QUOTE=ninerfan55;169739]i know you guys were saying that jokingly and its probably not a realistic thought but what about jay bilas. im sure he probably wants to get into coaching and i have a feeling that this guy could recruit.[/QUOTE]
Maybe we should see if Coach K is interested… He may be fed up with Duke with all this LAX mess and maybe he just wants to be a assistant…

Maybe we could’ve hired Herb Sendek

:grin:

After just finishing reading Tarks new book, I saw we should try for Tarkanian!

We need a strong RECRUITER and a strong DEFENSIVE coach.

the ? is which do we need more?

Then I think we need to hire on John Fox or Trgovac

Anyone have a list of former Niners who are currently coaching?

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;169773]Anyone have a list of former Niners who are currently coaching?[/QUOTE]

I’ll be coaching youth soccer in the fall so you can take my name off the list!!!

The probability of Plavich on the sidelines again increases exponentially every day

The probability of Plavich on the sidelines again increases exponentially every day

I dont think that is a bad choice at all. He is well known for being a 3 point bomber so he could help land some major 3 point talent for Lutz and his system. He also shows INCREDIBLE enthusiasm and was a great leader on the court. He also talked to the officials more than any player i have ever seen, well maybe not as much as eddie. I dont know if anyone has ever talked to him but he is a really good guy.

[QUOTE=ninerID;169791]I dont think that is a bad choice at all. He is well known for being a 3 point bomber so he could help land some major 3 point talent for Lutz and his system. He also shows INCREDIBLE enthusiasm and was a great leader on the court. He also talked to the officials more than any player i have ever seen, well maybe not as much as eddie. I dont know if anyone has ever talked to him but he is a really good guy.[/QUOTE]

I agree and I would like to see Plavich on the staff. I was told by several people close to team of how smart basketball wise he was and his knowledge of fundamentals. Was he a great athlete? Nope of course not! But that doesn’t mean he would be a bad assistant.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;169773]Anyone have a list of former Niners who are currently coaching?[/QUOTE]

Cedric Smith?
old pg from the Galen days. Isn’t he a AAU coach.