Season tickets in 113, 114, and 131.

I just got a letter from the AD letting me know that they were opening some seats in 113, 114, and 131 for purchase as season tickets. You do not need an FSL to buy.
They were 180.00 for the season.

[quote=ā€œTintin, post:1, topic:27828ā€]I just got a letter from the AD letting me know that they were opening some seats in 113, 114, and 131 for purchase as season tickets. You do not need an FSL to buy.
They were 180.00 for the season.[/quote]

I dont mind the tickets being available. Donā€™t like that they are the same price as my FSLs.

Map for reference.

Well, now weā€™ll see what demand is.

I expect a large amount of young alumni to try to pick these up.

[quote=ā€œNinerWupAss, post:2, topic:27828ā€][quote=ā€œTintin, post:1, topic:27828ā€]I just got a letter from the AD letting me know that they were opening some seats in 113, 114, and 131 for purchase as season tickets. You do not need an FSL to buy.

I dont mind the tickets being available. Donā€™t like that they are the same price as my FSLs.[/quote]

I donā€™t mind that. I got to pick mine.

Assuming the AD bothers to tell them.

Assuming the AD bothers to tell them.[/quote]

Very true. Knowing our AD though, wonā€™t hold my breath on that one.

[quote=ā€œTintin, post:6, topic:27828ā€][quote=ā€œNinerWupAss, post:2, topic:27828ā€][quote=ā€œTintin, post:1, topic:27828ā€]I just got a letter from the AD letting me know that they were opening some seats in 113, 114, and 131 for purchase as season tickets. You do not need an FSL to buy.

I dont mind the tickets being available. Donā€™t like that they are the same price as my FSLs.[/quote]

I donā€™t mind that. I got to pick mine.[/quote]

Not a huge deal for me - just would like to see some more incentive for the few FSLs they have left.

Hard to get feeling for demand until general public is aware. If they are just informing FSL/donors (which should be done first), it will take longer to find out.

Theyā€™re probably just telling FSL owners first. Then in a few weeks theyā€™ll let the genpop know.

I have to imagine FSL owners will scoop these up even before they get to the public. Iā€™m down to buy 4 more if they will let me.

If FSL owners are given first stab at these, can someone please buy me season tickets? I will pay $200/ticket just so you get a little for yourself for the hassle.

Once i see the letter I got ya covered if no one else does.

Do you want the entire season, I was goign to get a third for my son but I doubt we go to all the gamesā€¦ Iā€™m curious if the AD is going to sell singles after this, cause I was going to do that.

[quote=ā€œNiner National, post:13, topic:27828ā€]If FSL owners are given first stab at these, can someone please buy me season tickets? I will pay $200/ticket just so you get a little for yourself for the hassle.[/quote]NN, I havenā€™t seen the letter yet but I would do this for you. I donā€™t need the extra $20/ticket, just putting two more butts in the stands works for me. Letā€™s see what the details are and we can work this out.

It looks like you are going to have several other offers from people that type faster than I do. That is good to see. Let me know if you need my assistance.

I wonder if this had any influence on the decision to move forward with non-FSL season tickets:

http://hamptonroads.com/2013/05/odu-gets-creative-fill-football-ticket-requests

Do you want the entire season, I was goign to get a third for my son but I doubt we go to all the gamesā€¦ Iā€™m curious if the AD is going to sell singles after this, cause I was going to do that.[/quote]Yes, Iā€™d like the whole season. Ideally, Iā€™d like 3 or 4 seats, but would settle for 2 if it is capped.

IIRC - They are opening this up to FSL owners first, with no right of ownership, and then to the public after June 6th (Iā€™m not 100% sure about that date, but it was right around then).

Hereā€™s the letter:

We hope you had an enjoyable time at the Spring Game. etc.

Head coach Brad Lambert was impressed. etc.

Over the past few months, we have been assessing our ticket availability for football taking into account our needs for FSL holders, students, the university, opponents and the team. With that said, we will be making available a limited number of tickets for purchase as part of a season ticket package. These tickets will not come with any ownership rights and will be located in sections 113, 114 and 131, which are outside the FSL ownerā€™s area. Tickets will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis.

As we move from an FCS Independent to an FBS member of Conference USA, it is crucial that we sell all available seats in the 15,300-seat stadium. With the goal of 5,000 FSLs nearly complete, we must now move towards selling additional available seats. Our goal is to create the classic college football Saturday afternoon atmosphere on-campus at our games. etc.

We know we would not be preparing for our first college football season without fans like you ā€“ so we wanted to make sure we gave you the first opportunity to purchase additional tickets from this limited supply. Patrons with these tickets will not be allowed to sit with you in your designated FSL area, but it does give more fans the opportunity to experience the historic inaugural season of Charlotte 49ers football.

You may place your orderā€¦ etc. Season tickets available after June 5, 2013 will be released for general public sale.

Again, thank you etc.

EDIT: order form says max four (4) season tickets, location to be determined by AD. Parking pass options are (choose one) $70 Silver Lot 25, $70 Orange CRI Deck, $100 Yellow Union Deck, $119 Orange CRI Deck (activates $49 membership)