Season Tickets In

Alumni, many of whom have donated quite a bit of money to the school over the years to sit where they do, should have a lower priority for seating arrangements then a bargain hunting 'regular fan' like yourself?

Any now you know why the Regular Fan like myself doesn’t pack the building. You have answered some of your own questions about why the arena isn’t packed every night and why regular people like myself dont come out to watch many 49ERS basketball games.

You said the 49ers were your first choice, but you were disappointed that you would be stuck in a corner seat 5-6 rows up in a 200 section. You said you wanted seats with a better view.

So you buy Bobcats season tickets in a corner seat in the Upper Level 12 rows back? How is that a better view?

Plus, the sad part is I have to PAY for the tickets FIRST for the 49ers and then get my seat assignment later. That doesn’t seem right either, I want to know what section/row BEFORE I pay. Just seems weard how the 49ers distribute the season tickets… I like to know what I am getting before I pay.

Any now you know why the Regular Fan like myself doesn't pack the building. You have answered some of your own questions about why the arena isn't packed every night and why regular people like myself dont come out to watch many 49ERS basketball games.

Where do you want to sit and how much money are you willing to donate to the school to sit there?

Didn't know you were trying to please me.... Plus I already purchase the Bobcats tickets so why you trying to please me?

I wasn’t trying to please you. I was speaking on behalf of the athletic department/ticket office. Personally, I couldn’t care less if you go to Niner games because you come across as someone who’s always gonna gripe unless things are run to perfection. The bottom line is that if you want to get into a Niner game and see a good product, the option is there. No, you may not get to sit at midcourt but not many people do, unless they’re coughing up huge bucks. I’ve been to many non-Niner games as an outside-the-program, casual fan and I’ve sat in places far worse than anything available at Halton.

I wouldn't mind paying $15 per ticket per game if I could get some nice seats to the 49ers, but they aren't available. They are only available to Alumni and Students which I am neither of.

Welcome to the situation that every successful, Division 1-A basketball program experiences every season. I’d be more concerned if it were the exact opposite of that. While I want nothing more than the casual sports fan to latch on to our program, I’d love nothing more than for Halton to be full of only students and alumni.

Where do you want to sit and how much money are you willing to donate to the school to sit there?

And once again, now you know why others and myself don’t fill the arena. :slight_smile:

I have attended 2-3 games a year and those are usually the top 25 games or games in which someone sold me their 100 level tickets.

With no Top 25 team (or even close to it) coming to town… I went with the Bobcats who had cheaper seats, more activities for my daughter, and have some great teams rolling into town.

I want to know what section/row BEFORE I pay.

You want a lot of things, don’t you?

Any now you know why the Regular Fan like myself doesn't pack the building. You have answered some of your own questions about why the arena isn't packed every night and why regular people like myself dont come out to watch many 49ERS basketball games.

So, you actualy think it’s wrong that deep pocketed alumni get a better seating priority over you, the casual fan with no direct ties to the University?? Please clarify if that’s not what you were trying to convey because I can’t imagine anyone honestly sharing that opinion. Students should always get the best seats, followed by alumni and corporate sponsors. People like yourself aren’t exactly high on the totem poll of priority seating and I can’t really disagree with that. But again, the option is there to improve your seating. As an alum, I’d like better seats as well but I realize that to achieve that, I have to give more money. That’s just the way it works.

Not trying to get in a pissing match . . .

Yet, you continue. You do not have to be an alumni to be a member of the 49er Club. The best seats are given to those people who support the university and its student athletes with their donations. There a many people who are 49er Club members who have no affiliation with UNC Charlotte other than the fact that they want their entertainment dollars to support a good cause.

In all fairness, I think you have made some very valid points regarding some ticketing issues. However, the tone of your posts make me wonder if you may have some other agenda . . .

GO 'NINERS!

While I want nothing more than the casual sports fan to latch on to our program, I'd love nothing more than for Halton to be full of only students and alumni.

But you don’t and haven’t since it opened. Think it is time to cater and market to the casual sports fan? The past two years all I heard on this board is why can’t we fill the arena, blah, blah, blah. I had no imput at the time. Well this year I had the opportunity to purchase season tickets to the Bobcats or 49ers and looked at both possibilities. So, now that I went through the entire process and made my purchase I am just letting people know why I didn’t choose the 49ers in hope to help explain why the casual fan does NOT come out to Halton.

And once again, now you know why others and myself don't fill the arena. :)

I have attended 2-3 games a year and those are usually the top 25 games or games in which someone sold me their 100 level tickets.

With no Top 25 team (or even close to it) coming to town… I went with the Bobcats who had cheaper seats, more activities for my daughter, and have some great teams rolling into town.

Good for you. We’re all proud of you. The Bobcats offered a bargain and were able to sell out high level corner seats.

If anyone else wants to sit in the corner at the Bobcats arena, they will cost over $600 with the season ticket discount.

Yet, you continue. You do not have to be an alumni to be a member of the 49er Club. The best seats are given to those people who support the university and its student athletes with their donations. There a many people who are 49er Club members who have no affiliation with UNC Charlotte other than the fact that they want their entertainment dollars to support a good cause.

In all fairness, I think you have made some very valid points regarding some ticketing issues. However, the tone of your posts make me wonder if you may have some other agenda . . .

GO 'NINERS!

If people reply to my posts I am going to continue to explain myself, why should I stop? I know most of you are hommers and will argue the fact and I could care less about some of the people posting saying they never been to bobcats game and never will.

All I was trying to explain is the turnoffs of a casual sports fan in my comparing the two season ticket options for this season while I was shopping around. If you want to leave it to rest, so will I. If you want to respond, so will I.

Good for you. We're all proud of you. The Bobcats offered a bargain and were able to sell out high level corner seats.

If anyone else wants to sit in the corner at the Bobcats arena, they will cost over $600 with the season ticket discount.

Awww, your proud of me. Now I am complete. Some people just like to argue for the fun of it. Guess that will never change.

Wasn’t trying to say one was better then the other, because people have all different types of situations and can spend the money how they please.

For all the winers and gripers complaining about how the arena is never full, I thought you’d atleast want to know why I didn’t buy. Guess you just like to complain and don’t want to know the facts about why people really don’t pack Halton.

But you don't and haven't since it opened. Think it is time to cater and market to the casual sports fan? The past two years all I heard on this board is why can't we fill the arena, blah, blah, blah. I had no imput at the time. Well this year I had the opportunity to purchase season tickets to the Bobcats or 49ers and looked at both possibilities. So, now that I went through the entire process and made my purchase I am just letting people know why I didn't choose the 49ers in hope to help explain why the casual fan does NOT come out to Halton.

You obviously haven’t had interest in Niner games for very long. It wasn’t but a few years ago that we had multiple sellouts, scalpers outside selling tickets over face value and casual fans unable to even get in the doors.

The casual fan isn’t opting to not come to Halton because they can’t get a great seat. The casual fan isn’t coming because we can’t consistently put a top 25 product on the court, make noise in the NCAA Tournament or draw marquee opposition without giving up a 3-for-1 for it. I’ve never heard one single person, until now, complain about not having a good seat in Halton. If that’s your biggest gripe for not getting tickets, then I stand by the claim that you’re never gonna be pleased. I just think you expect way too much from a collegiate program. You sound like you’re not gonna be happy unless you’re sitting in the lower level, at midcourt, for less than $5/game with a pro athlete on each side of you and Bozo the Clown there to make balloon animals for your daughter.

You obviously haven't had interest in Niner games for very long. It wasn't but a few years ago that we had multiple sellouts, scalpers outside selling tickets over face value and casual fans unable to even get in the doors.

The casual fan isn’t opting to not come to Halton because they can’t get a great seat. The casual fan isn’t coming because we can’t consistently put a top 25 product on the court, make noise in the NCAA Tournament or draw marquee opposition without giving up a 3-for-1 for it.

Have I complained about not having a good seat? I have complained about how they give out Season Tickets and that you have to pay first and not know if your the 1st row or last row. That doesn’t seem right…

I do agree with you on the lack of talent on the floor. I did go to more games when they were in the C-USA. Since they moved to A-10 they haven’t had many good home games, you are right. I would agree that if they could get in a good Conference playing good teams the arena would sellout on a consistant basis.

But they will NEVER be in a good conference because they don’t have a Football program, is that not correct?

ninersfan99 - You seem concerned that the school does not sell out Halton.

Pretend you’re in charge of marketing for Halton Arena. What would you do to get people to buy seats in the last row of the corner seats by the baseline?

My 2 cents:
I want fans in Halton WHO WANT TO BE THERE and are happy to be there. If it’s such a hassle to attend a NINER game, stay THE HELL AWAY. Everyone will be happier, or maybe some of you won’t, just because of your general attitude. Spare us.

ninersfan99 - You seem concerned that the school does not sell out Halton.

Pretend you’re in charge of marketing for Halton Arena. What would you do to get people to buy seats in the last row of the corner seats by the baseline?

Not my concern about selling out, but has been on this forum every single year.

Lol, what would I do to sell the last rows of the corner seats at Halton. Maybe all you have to do is look and see how the Bobcat’s did it… Didn’t they just sell out the last rows of their corner seats?

My 2 cents: I want fans in Halton WHO WANT TO BE THERE and are happy to be there. If it's such a hassle to attend a NINER game, stay THE HELL AWAY. Everyone will be happier, or maybe some of you won't, just because of your general attitude. Spare us.

Haven’t met to many fans who spend money on tickets who didn’t want to be there, spare us all… LOL

Have I complained about not having a good seat?
Whenever I bought single game tickets for the 49ers ALL they had available were corner seats about 5-6 rows from top.
Whenever I go to ticket window they always have the Priority 1 Corner seats that are right next to the Priority 2 seating, I think it's a joke. I like sitting in the 100 level at Halton but I can't buy tickets there. So I just don't go as much, sad thing is there are plenty of empty seats in the 100 level most nights anyways.

Sounds like it to me…

As for the other argument: While I don’t particulary love our current situation, the A-10 has a long, rich and successful history in basketball. But it’s a young conference, with teams trying to build up their programs. I think that in a few years, the A-10 could easily field 3-4 at-large teams every year. And compare it to the current C-USA which isn’t any better and has less upside than the A-10. I’d much rather be us right now than Memphis, who does have football.

To say we will never be in a good conference is a bit foolish IMO. I think we’re in a good basketball conference right now. It just comes down to whether or not you feel that only having football defines a conference as “good.”

Lol, what would I do to sell the last rows of the corner seats at Halton. Maybe all you have to do is look and see how the Bobcat's did it... Didn't they just sell out the last rows of their corner seats?

Yeah and they had to pretty much take a loss on those seats just to get more people to come out. Not to mention, they gave out thousands of free tickets last year just to fill seats. Now that they are (supposedly) cutting back on that, let’s see how well they do with getting casual NBA fans out there to games. The individual star power of the NBA is the only reason people bother showing up. If you didn’t have guys like Kobe, LeBron, Shaq, etc. to drive up ticket sales, no one would give a crap because the product is horrible.

Not my concern about selling out, but has been on this forum every single year.

Lol, what would I do to sell the last rows of the corner seats at Halton. Maybe all you have to do is look and see how the Bobcat’s did it… Didn’t they just sell out the last rows of their corner seats?

I looked.

The Bobcats were selling your seats for $1,059 a pop last season (even with the season ticket discount)

http://www.nba.com/bobcats/tickets/seating_chart_0506.html

No one was interested, so they sold the same awful seats for $860 less than the year before. That how they did it.

Enjoy the Bobcats.